Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#winning in SWTOR...

Aleeha
02.03.2012 , 08:02 AM | #1
BioWare you did a great job with the "companion" concept. You made an "MMO" where I can level to 50 and I NEVER have to interact with the "community" at all. Need a tank? No problem, I can summon him. Need a healer? No problem, I can summon him. Need a dps? No problem, I can summon him.

You do NOT need the community at all until you hit 50. There are plenty of players now who are running hardmode Flashpoints with just 2 people and their companions, not all of them but some.

And the second BEST #winning part about companions - I NEVER have to be bothered going out into the galaxy and "immersing" myself with it to "gather items to craft". I can just send my "companion".

Yeah, I can see what you guys did there..

archifikoss
02.03.2012 , 08:03 AM | #2
You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

Naroga
02.03.2012 , 08:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
BioWare you did a great job with the "companion" concept. You made an "MMO" where I can level to 50 and I NEVER have to interact with the "community" at all. Need a tank? No problem, I can summon him. Need a healer? No problem, I can summon him. Need a dps? No problem, I can summon him.

You do NOT need the community at all until you hit 50. There are plenty of players now who are running hardmode Flashpoints with just 2 people and their companions, not all of them but some.

And the second BEST #winning part about companions - I NEVER have to be bothered going out into the galaxy and "immersing" myself with it to "gather items to craft". I can just send my "companion".

Yeah, I can see what you guys did there..
Wrong.

I would love to see you solo level appropriate [Heroic 4] and [Heroic 2+'s] (some classes can do the 2+'s) by yourself.

I would LOVE to see you two man Hardmode flashpoints with the intended gear level to run it. I would also love to see you run Ops with a companion.
-- Naroga Korzen -- Jedi Sentinel of <Fatality> -- Thana Vesh, PvE --

Vegetalink
02.03.2012 , 08:05 AM | #4
how is that a bad thing you have the option to run with more or less..... OPTION see the thing about options is they allow CHOICE and the thing about choice is it rocks
Haters Smell Like Bantha Poo-Doo! 11/11/11 - 11/26/11 - 12/2/11 (RIP . )

Riddickcz
02.03.2012 , 08:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
You make it sound like it's a bad thing.
LOL are you kidding?
OFC its a bad thing in so called MMO game.
The crazy is strong with this one.
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/f744bd09b5be85fa.png

Vegetalink
02.03.2012 , 08:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Naroga View Post
Wrong.

I would love to see you solo level appropriate [Heroic 4] and [Heroic 2+'s] (some classes can do the 2+'s) by yourself.

I would LOVE to see you two man Hardmode flashpoints with the intended gear level to run it. I would also love to see you run Ops with a companion.
also this
Haters Smell Like Bantha Poo-Doo! 11/11/11 - 11/26/11 - 12/2/11 (RIP . )

Katharis
02.03.2012 , 08:07 AM | #7
Which begs the question: which companion is most like Charlie Sheen? I'm only familiar with the ones that go with Consular, Smuggler, and the first one the Imp Agent gets, so I'm going to have to go with either Risha or Kaliyo.
As of December, I feel more like I do now than I did before.

DarthKong
02.03.2012 , 08:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
BioWare you did a great job with the "companion" concept. You made an "MMO" where I can level to 50 and I NEVER have to interact with the "community" at all.
You mean, like, how they marketed the game?

Naroga
02.03.2012 , 08:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Riddickcz View Post
LOL are you kidding?
What is with people beating the dead horse called "This isn't an MMO! Waaaah."

Please, point me to a mass-market MMO that you CANNOT reach level cap by yourself. Any content beyond that requires groups.

Warzones (you're in a group), Flashpoints (you're in a group), Operations (you're in a group), Heroic 2 and 4's (you're in a group), multiple datacrons that require...*gasp* grouping!
-- Naroga Korzen -- Jedi Sentinel of <Fatality> -- Thana Vesh, PvE --

corbanite
02.03.2012 , 08:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Riddickcz View Post
LOL are you kidding?
Well don't use your companion