Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

#nerfmercs/mandos


americanaussie's Avatar


americanaussie
03.28.2017 , 04:08 PM | #41
My operative needs 26 seconds where she can't be attacked but can still heal and dps. Then we will be square.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

DenariusJay's Avatar


DenariusJay
03.28.2017 , 07:26 PM | #42
If you ever arena vs 3 mercs and a healer you will know that something is definitely borked with Mercs. There is a reason this is a very favored setup right now, mercs have fast cooldowns on there dcd's with the correct utility setup they really can be unkillable with a healer.

They also do tons of dmg, like consistent 30k demo/heat seeker crits. Practically no energy management, and movement immunity for 10 seconds, which makes kiting an effective defense vs melee classes.

Oh, And electro net. The worst.

Oh, and they can tech-override insta cast concussion missle...., cuz BW logic?

If anything, they need a buff.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Billie Eilish/Jessica Alba/Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Colin Kaepernick

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
03.28.2017 , 07:48 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
If you ever arena vs 3 mercs and a healer you will know that something is definitely borked with Mercs. There is a reason this is a very favored setup right now, mercs have fast cooldowns on there dcd's with the correct utility setup they really can be unkillable with a healer.

They also do tons of dmg, like consistent 30k demo/heat seeker crits. Practically no energy management, and movement immunity for 10 seconds, which makes kiting an effective defense vs melee classes.

Oh, And electro net. The worst.

Oh, and they can tech-override insta cast concussion missle...., cuz BW logic?

If anything, they need a buff.
Go against 3 snipers and a healer and get the same results. Or 3 sins and an operative healer, or 4 operatives, 1 of them heals.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

americanaussie's Avatar


americanaussie
03.28.2017 , 10:37 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Go against 3 snipers and a healer and get the same results. Or 3 sins and an operative healer, or 4 operatives, 1 of them heals.
Actually I only see snipers as being problematic given their aoe but operatives as so easy to take out. They don't have great burst healing and if you have a slow movement ability and a knockback you've just ended their ability to hit you very hard. Their aoe is weak AF. And for dps it's not a ranged aoe. You just need to be organised enough to focus all firepower on one at a time. The group can take out one in 15-20 seconds.

Operative healers suck in PvP. They nerfed their big heal. Sins wouldn't be too bad either.

It's the ranged fighters like mercs and snipers that you need to be troubled with.

If all 4 mercs flip on their do not touch us or we will heal shield then you're pretty much screwed in 12 seconds. You dead. There's no fighting that.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
03.29.2017 , 11:22 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
Actually I only see snipers as being problematic given their aoe but operatives as so easy to take out. They don't have great burst healing and if you have a slow movement ability and a knockback you've just ended their ability to hit you very hard. Their aoe is weak AF. And for dps it's not a ranged aoe. You just need to be organised enough to focus all firepower on one at a time. The group can take out one in 15-20 seconds.

Operative healers suck in PvP. They nerfed their big heal. Sins wouldn't be too bad either.

It's the ranged fighters like mercs and snipers that you need to be troubled with.

If all 4 mercs flip on their do not touch us or we will heal shield then you're pretty much screwed in 12 seconds. You dead. There's no fighting that.
Apparently you have never had 3 or more stealthers pop out at you at once. Class stacking helps in many cases, not just Mercs. Now granted, I would rather be on the team with 4 mercs (including 1 as a healer) than a group of stealthers or snipers but all are more dangerous due to class stacking.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
03.29.2017 , 11:28 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
Actually I only see snipers as being problematic given their aoe but operatives as so easy to take out. They don't have great burst healing and if you have a slow movement ability and a knockback you've just ended their ability to hit you very hard. Their aoe is weak AF. And for dps it's not a ranged aoe. You just need to be organised enough to focus all firepower on one at a time. The group can take out one in 15-20 seconds.

Operative healers suck in PvP. They nerfed their big heal. Sins wouldn't be too bad either.

It's the ranged fighters like mercs and snipers that you need to be troubled with.

If all 4 mercs flip on their do not touch us or we will heal shield then you're pretty much screwed in 12 seconds. You dead. There's no fighting that.
3 sins and a healer of equal skill should defeat 3 snipers or merc with a healer. This has little to do with the sins damage output or survivability. They can guard the healer and taunt enemies, effectively reducing the damage the healer receive significantly. The enemy team cannot. Whoever burns the enemy healer first wins.

This though has nothing to do with class balance.

josephxp's Avatar


josephxp
03.29.2017 , 11:36 AM | #47
Main point is if you have 3+ of any advanced class on a team in an arena you are likely screwed. If you have 4+ in any other WZ your also likely screwed. I remember playing a pylon game where the enemy team had 6 people cabale of stealthing 3 operatives and 3 sith assassins, and a sith sorc and a sith jug. you can immagine how hard it was to cap our own pylons because we got major stun locked.

Point is if the pvp ques made it so that it would restrict more then 2 of the same advanced class (for dps) in an arena or more then 3 (for dps) in a regular wz it may just solve these problems. Any time you have overwhelming numbers of 1 class like 4 mercs vs 4 others classes in an arena you are bound to loose, or 4 sith sorcs vs other classes, or 4 snipers, or 4 sith mara's. Point is to much of 1 advanced class on a team is the reason why.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners