Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#winning in SWTOR...

gurugeorge
02.03.2012 , 08:51 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Riddickcz View Post
LOL are you kidding?
OFC its a bad thing in so called MMO game.
No, the option to do content with players or with pets is not a bad thing in an MMO, it's a good thing.

We're well past the stage in MMO design where forced grouping is necessary to ensure community.

Caelrie
02.03.2012 , 08:51 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AtomicWanderer View Post
This "MMO" is in-fact an "MMO". Just "because" you "choose" to not interact with "others", does not mean it is not an "MMO".

I suggest that you join a "guild", it really "helps" with finding "friends" and "comrades" to do things with in-game.

Good "luck"!
What's with all the quotation marks?

ForlornHope
02.03.2012 , 08:52 AM | #43
More "Bioware is forcing me to not be sociable" threads

yay...

Caelrie
02.03.2012 , 08:55 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by ForlornHope View Post
More "Bioware is forcing me to not be sociable" threads

yay...
They'll never stop until the game devolves into the crap that was Everquest. Nostalgia keeps them from remembering just how awful that game was.

Stelakh
02.03.2012 , 08:55 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Naroga View Post
They are grasping at straws. They can no longer say the game is hemorrhaging subscribers, so instead they say that it isn't <X> <Y> and <Z> and Bioware "lied" to them. Please.
Fanboy says what?

The game has problems. It has issues. Denying that isn't helpful.

While I know you weren't targeting me specifically, I can cay that I never said the game was hemorrhaging subscribers.

It hemorrhages interest after the first few days, yes. But not subscribers.

In fact, this game will go on for a long time because the Star Wars fanboy legions will keep it going. And it will not go F2P in a couple of months.

However, I'll say that having watched a scenario that was amazingly similar with Star Trek Online, if EA and BioWare don't turn things around, I expect ToR to wind up going the same way STO did after two years: Company sold to Perfect World Entertainment with the game going F2P and Pay-to-Win in a couple of years.

At which point it'll still have the fanboy subscribers, only they'll be ganking all the F2P players because the subscribers get all the good gear and loot without having to pay for it.
I'm not bald, I'm just big-boned.

AtomicWanderer
02.03.2012 , 09:01 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
What's with all the quotation marks?
I was hoping someone would get this, but apparently I was thinking too hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

DarthKong
02.03.2012 , 09:05 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
So many people cry about how BAD(tm) the WoW community is and how disjointed it is, well there really isn't anything inside of TOR at the moment within the scope of leveling that's doing a whole lot to bring the "community" close.
There we go. The reason for your post revealed...

Nicolettexiv
02.03.2012 , 09:08 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Naroga View Post
What is with people beating the dead horse called "This isn't an MMO! Waaaah."

Please, point me to a mass-market MMO that you CANNOT reach level cap by yourself. Any content beyond that requires groups.

Warzones (you're in a group), Flashpoints (you're in a group), Operations (you're in a group), Heroic 2 and 4's (you're in a group), multiple datacrons that require...*gasp* grouping!
This.

I leveled my first character in wow alone, and wasn't really able to get into the community until level 80 when I found a decent guild.

My second 85 was leveled exclusively in dungeons with players I never saw again for the most part.

Doesn't change the fact that it's massively multiplayer; just simply gives you the choice as to how much you want to interact with them. Forcing players to interact also creates issues; the idea is that you CAN interact if you want to, you can participate in the community if you want to. Yes, for some aspects you actually need other players. It can be more enjoyable interacting with other players, eaier to level anyway, or it could be detrimental. This doesn't undermine the concept of an MMO.
Don't be toxic.