Returning Guardian, 55 Gear? Comms?

ImecOlom

Hey all,

Just came back after a break and am level 53. My gear now is good for my level (all 140 level mods, etc.), but what currency and/or gear should I be saving up for to buy at level 55? Note: I mostly solo pve and solo pvp, vigilance spec. I stack power and surge. Thanks! If there is a guide I should read, please let me know.

Hey all,

Just came back after a break and am level 53. My gear now is good for my level (all 140 level mods, etc.), but what currency and/or gear should I be saving up for to buy at level 55? Note: I mostly solo pve and solo pvp, vigilance spec. I stack power and surge. Thanks! If there is a guide I should read, please let me know.

Solo PvE is not gonna get you far for gearing, as such I'd suggest Solo PvP for good gear.

Before going in though, hit the GTN

For earpiece/implants, get yourself either Power/Surge, Crit/Surge, Power/Accuracy or Crit/Accuracy, prioritizing the power option first.

For enhancements, get the advanced [x] enhancement 28s where [x] is either Adept or Initiative. Get your accuracy to 95% with Initiative ones, and then stack Adept ones.

For the Armorings and Hilts, buy 1 Advanced Might Hilt 28, and 8 Advanced Might Armoring 28s.

For the mods, buy 9x Deft Mod 28a's.

Finally, the relics are whatever you feel like, because they get swapped out immediately upon hitting level 55.

Make your crystals Power Crystals (Advanced Hawkeye Crystal)

When you hit 55, you can trade 1400 warzone comms in for 2 relics. Get 1 Obroan Relic of Focused Retribution, and 1 Obroan Relic of Serendipitous Assault (wow I spelt that right first time). You'll want to swap out your current gear for PvP equivalents (though the mods should Advanced Deft Mod 30Xs, not Advanced Deft Mod 30AXs, I only suggested the 28A because of how rare the standard 28 is), dropping crit wherever possible for more power, and also Augment everything for Strength.

By the end of it, you should have a full set of DPS gear that is comparable to Arkanian Gear (meaning you are geared for HM Scum and Villainy, Terror From Beyond, Toborros Courtyard) that also gets you maximum performance in PvP situations. As solo content at level 55 is tailored for Rakata Gear (the stuff from the makeb vendor bought with planetary comms) you will be massively overgeared for it, and should have no issues whatsoever.

As for what to do with the Basic Comms you pick up from dailies? You go to the basic comm vendor and buy Vials of Isotope-5 with them. Each vial will sell between 150k and 300k, depending on your server, the day of the week, and general demand for them, so its a nice boost to your rewards from the dailies.

Edited by TACeMossie