Post Your Closest GSF Match Vids

JustBeenSabered

I only enjoy the close ones. The stomps? No one learns anything. So I post these here for you pilots who want to be better at teamplay. I'm not always the best example. But I definitely give my all. Also I tagged all those that played in my Closest Matches Playlist. You should be able to go into the youtube search box and type your username and GSF and all the matches that "match" your name? Any matches you played that I tagged? Will appear.

PS - I'm sorry, but special characters (accents and such)? I did NOT pay attention to. So if you search for your name on google or youtube, etc? Do not use any accents, etc...

here is my master playlist of 65+ close matches..... across the major servers

PS - please read above. you can find your matches easier with my instructions above ^^^^^^^^

Edited by JustBeenSabered

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff Vin. I marvel at your build there. Hopefully you don't find any missiles tossed in your direction.

You know which vid I want you to post. Don't make me beg

I'm already ducking you. I think you'll be surprised. I have quite a few. I promise everything I have worth going up is going up. There are some really great matches with us all.

This is coming from Taiyama (corrected) since no posting allowed:

I believe those were the two matches from yesterday. Video quality might not be the best.

PS - Thanks so much... they were white knuckle affairs. No freaking doubt!

Edited by JustBeenSabered

This one from Super Serious last year was pretty close:

It's like Super Serious isn't about farming new players or something. Crazy.

Yo thanks for postin! I really really lol'd @ the 5 minute mark. That always chaps ones ***** doesnt it? I subscribed for ya and posted on your channel. Thanks again, man. Really good stuff.

This one from Super Serious last year was pretty close:

It's like Super Serious isn't about farming new players or something. Crazy.

Because that one time...AMIRITE

Just not serious enough to get 16 people to transfer characters to a dead server so that it would be a guaranteed hardcore matchup. In this situation, you could even have an adhoc player created ranked system, but once again not serious enough to do it.

Edited by Lendul

Because that one time...AMIRITE

Just not serious enough to get 16 people to transfer characters to a dead server so that it would be a guaranteed hardcore matchup. In this situation, you could even have an adhoc player created ranked system, but once again not serious enough to do it.

Goodness me Lendul, do you have to insist on your tired and flawed arguments wherever you go, and insist on putting your two bits worth in whenever someone even remotely related to any Super Serious Event posts anywhere on the forums?

Goodness me Lendul, do you have to insist on your tired and flawed arguments wherever you go, and insist on putting your two bits worth in whenever someone even remotely related to any Super Serious Event posts anywhere on the forums?

Her snide comment was directed at me so I responded. You do realize that many people transferred characters to The Bastion for the first one right? People are neither super nor serious enough to do it again. Oh and since you brought it up. Where is my argument flawed? Care to support your hypothesis?

Edited by Lendul

Her snide comment was directed at me so I responded. You do realize that many people transferred characters to The Bastion for the first one right? People are neither super nor serious enough to do it again. Oh and since you brought it up. Where is my argument flawed? Care to support your hypothesis?

Firstly, it's no surprise that her comment was snidely directed at you after the witch-hunt you've been putting her and her compatriots through. What you should have done was just let the comment go through without reacting; for an occasional event that lasts for maybe 4 hours, you put a ridiculous amount of time into vehemently opposing it, which is odd because you used to defend it.

And obviously, as I believe people have told you, transferring characters didn't work out before.

But the most obvious refutation of your point is the logical fallacy that you seem to hold; that you'll suddenly get 8/12/16 people hunting down noobs. What you don't seem to realize is that most of these people fly regularly anyway, and they will fly at the same time, and even in groups, which means that a lot of new players would run into these harbingers of doom at some point or another.

Super Serious Night is designed for elite pilots to have an opportunity to fight each other; they don't want to stack up and fight noobs; they can do that any time. Without the ability to modify the queue, Drakolich and co have to do their best to take into consideration all the factors, and queuing on the Harbinger has been decided to be the best compromise.

Without the ability to modify the queue, .
and right here is where you lose credibility toward being objective. My entire point is that if everyone wanting to do SS transferred to a dead server to do it they would have a nothing but a SS queue. There >>>>>>is<<<<< something they can do about it. You and they both know they need the pubs to roflstomp to even make the event happen. There is not enough interest for this event to stand on its own. Edited by Lendul

and right here is where you lose credibility toward being objective. My entire point is that if everyone wanting to do SS transferred to a dead server to do it they would have a nothing but a SS queue. There >>>>>>is<<<<< something they can do about it. You and they both know they need the pubs to roflstomp to even make the event happen. There is not enough interest for this event to stand on its own.

You're making your point in a vacuum. People in Super Serious are doubtlessly involved in many things outside GSF, and to transfer a toon to a dead server is a lot to ask. And it is also important to remember that 'dead' doesn't mean no one is queueing on that server.

Say for a moment that you're right, and there isn't enough people. It is far better to run the event on a popular server where pilots that are just below the Super Serious level might desire the challenge of being involved in such an event. I don't think you realize how hard it is to get people from all over the planet together at one time.

That's not even considering lag, ping etc, etc.

I don't think what I'm saying will make any difference to you. I just wonder if you're being deliberately obtuse or you genuinely believe what you're saying. If it is the latter, queue up when Super Serious starts and defend the poor helpless noobs from the big bad wolves.

If you'd like to respond, please do so in a PM; I don't want to derail the thread any further.

to transfer a toon to a dead server is a lot to ask..
It seems that lately my only redeeming quality is a vocabulary so let me introduce to you the word "hyperbole"

180CC round trip is the sum total ...that is not "a lot" that is 34% of a monthly CC grant most of the super serious crew have spent 10x that amount a reskins of ships

Edited by Lendul

It seems that lately my only redeeming quality is a vocabulary so let me introduce to you the word "hyperbole"

180CC round trip is the sum total ...that is not "a lot" that is 34% of a monthly CC grant most of the super serious crew have spent 10x that amount a reskins of ships

I was under the impression that you couldn't transfer a character multiple times.