So I spoke with Theron Shan's T3 droid on my 52 sage...

TACeMossie

And it seems like the next conversation is already in place. The conversation went as follows (I turned T3's jumbled sentences into more readable ones):

"T3, has Theron Shan checked in lately?"

"Therons on a mission, you giving him backup?"

"What kind of mission"

"Hes investigating High level treason. Do you want to back him up? Hes on Manaan. Travel Cautiously and watch for tails."

So from the look of things, next up for SWTOR is Manaan.

Are you excited for this?

Couldn't care less?

Mad that this has possible spoilers?

Post your thoughts!

Mannan was datamined months ago. I've known this for about 2-3 months. It's a flashpoint.

If your expectations are low enough, you will never be disappointed. And if you are, kill that person.

If Manaan's part of the next "expansion", then it's highly likely all we're going to see if effectively a daily area and some flashpoints, and Bioware patting themselves on the back again.

They'd be breaking lore if they add anything in atho city with manaan. If you read on wookiepedia, atho city was destroyed shortly after the Sacking of Coruscant.

"The devastation of Manaan was first mentioned on the official website for the LucasArts video game, Star Wars: The Old Republic. The information could be found on "The Setting," a webpage intended to provide background on the game's historical period. Since its establishment in 2008, The Old Republic's website has gone through a number of changes, resulting in the removal of some of the text that was originally located there. "The Setting" was updated mid-2011, and the information on Manaan was removed.[1]"

IOW, they BW decided back in 2011 to reverse the idea.

Edited by Elfa

They'd be breaking lore if they add anything in atho city with manaan. If you read on wookiepedia, atho city was destroyed shortly after the Sacking of Coruscant.

From Wookieepedia:

"During the Great Galactic War, the Selkath attempted to maintain their neutrality as a supplier of kolto to all who would buy. But the reconstituted Sith Empire refused to accept their neutral stance, and destroyed Manaan's surface cities. The Selkath fled beneath the oceans in a mass exodus from the surface.[6]

At some point later, Ahto City was rebuilt as a surface city once more. But it was eventually abandoned by the Selkath some time after the New Sith Wars, and they returned to their underwater cities beneath the surface. Due to Manaan's isolation, the Selkath began to grow primitive, warring as rival factions."

Ahto City (albeit not the size it was once before) could well have been rebuilt by the time this game takes place.

If your expectations are low enough, you will never be disappointed. And if you are, kill that person.

If Manaan's part of the next "expansion", then it's highly likely all we're going to see if effectively a daily area and some flashpoints, and Bioware patting themselves on the back again.

Manaan's probably not part of 3.0(well not the original Manaan, HM Manaan probably). Manaan is most likely one of the in-between now and 3.0 flashpoints, unless 3.0 comes sooner than expected.

I am willing to bet money it will only be tactical FP.

It'll probably be like the tunnels inside of sea life centres - which would probably look really cool if they do it right - but it won't be combat underwater.

Which is fine with me, because underwater combat is usually clunky as hell. I got on with the underwater zone in WoW's Cataclysm expansion, because they wanted to get away from clumsy up-down-screaming as well, but I'm sure people would start screaming "WoW clone" again if Bioware tried to make it workable.