Jedi Single Bladed DPS

JThrash

I've been searching but can't find this answer.

Is it possible/smart to play either a Jedi Shadow or Jedi Sentinel with a single bladed lightsaber? How much of a dps difference is there?

I'm a traditionalist and I want a single bladed DPS jedi but I can't figure out what to do.

Thanks for the help!!!

You can play a Shadow with a single bladed light saber, but it wouldn't be "smart", as many Shadow abilities require a double-bladed saber. Same for the Sentinel. You could do it, but you'd be unable to use the abilities that require you to be dual wielding.

Sure you can, but you will be at a disadvantage. Certain advanced class abilities demands that you're either dual-wielding or using a double-bladed lightsaber, so by only equipping a single saber you will limit yourself from using these abilities.

My best advice is to choose a guardian and spec him/her into either of the two damage-oriented skill-trees.

Yes, you will be gimped as a Sentinel if you only use one saber (or as a shadow if you don't use a saber staff). Many special attacks will do less damage or be unavailable.

If you want a single saber Jedi DPS you should be a Guardian (melee focus) or Sage (ranged/force powers focus).