Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Blatant cheating in WZs

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lindraskada's Avatar


Lindraskada
02.28.2018 , 08:12 AM | #1
when are you going to do something about this BW ?

certain people arent even trying to hide it. ive reported a few people numerous times, over and over, ive got screenies and some video evidence.

and i still see them in WZs.

sort it out ffs - you can hardly afford to lose more players...

DarthSealth's Avatar


DarthSealth
02.28.2018 , 02:02 PM | #2
Wrong place for your post 🤭🤣😂

Try the PvP forum section.

Also this sounds more like a L2P issue which won’t be taken seriously unless you have physical evidence like a video recording.

Include links in your post of the video evidence and photos for a response.
East End ,Londoner. Cockney a dying breed.
British equates (Sarcasm x Endearment)
Just my referral link:-
http://www.swtor.com/r/FjCtpt

Lindraskada's Avatar


Lindraskada
02.28.2018 , 02:10 PM | #3
its not "wrong place" as its a cheating issue, and engine exploits, which is "general" and not "pvp"
also, yea..

Lindraskada's Avatar


Lindraskada
02.28.2018 , 02:19 PM | #4
capped a point before start of game

https://ibb.co/df9Q5x


in a wall

https://ibb.co/nrLnJH

capping a point from inside it

https://ibb.co/keTk5x

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
02.28.2018 , 02:55 PM | #5
Actually, yes, it is the wrong place. Report in-game and send any screenshots and other info in a PM to eric. Posting about it here won't get anything done.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Lindraskada's Avatar


Lindraskada
02.28.2018 , 03:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Actually, yes, it is the wrong place. Report in-game and send any screenshots and other info in a PM to eric. Posting about it here won't get anything done.
reporting it in-game doesnt get anything done either

i presume they wont ban people if they are subbed as dont want to lose money.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
02.28.2018 , 03:18 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Actually, yes, it is the wrong place. Report in-game and send any screenshots and other info in a PM to eric. Posting about it here won't get anything done.
Highlighting for accuracy. If you suspect someone is cheating/hacking...

Do
  • Report them in-game, as close to the time of the incident as possible.
  • Send me a message via forum PM with all possible details. What happened, date, time, server, character name, etc. Include any screens or video that you have (always helps during the investigation).
Don't
  • Make a post on the forums with screenshots or character information. This will get flagged as a call-out and removed.
Keith and I escalate every report we get for investigation. Having reports from all of you is invaluable in getting rid of players who feel the need to cheat / hack.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

aerockyul's Avatar


aerockyul
02.28.2018 , 03:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSealth View Post
Wrong place for your post 🤭🤣😂

Try the PvP forum section.

Also this sounds more like a L2P issue which won’t be taken seriously unless you have physical evidence like a video recording.

Include links in your post of the video evidence and photos for a response.
If you want any concerns to go into a black hole of communication, every section except General is a GREAT place to post!
Keeya, Lill'ya, Cara, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Aywrevix, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire, Andra Cressan Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

DarthSealth's Avatar


DarthSealth
02.28.2018 , 03:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Highlighting for accuracy. If you suspect someone is cheating/hacking...

Do
  • Report them in-game, as close to the time of the incident as possible.
  • Send me a message via forum PM with all possible details. What happened, date, time, server, character name, etc. Include any screens or video that you have (always helps during the investigation).
Don't
  • Make a post on the forums with screenshots or character information. This will get flagged as a call-out and removed.
Keith and I escalate every report we get for investigation. Having reports from all of you is invaluable in getting rid of players who feel the need to cheat / hack.

Thanks!

-eric
My bad OP but as Eric said don’t post links exposing cheaters in forum posts probably why you shouldn’t listen to me even though I tried to help 🤭🤣😂
East End ,Londoner. Cockney a dying breed.
British equates (Sarcasm x Endearment)
Just my referral link:-
http://www.swtor.com/r/FjCtpt

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
02.28.2018 , 04:38 PM | #10
Could you guys publish some statistics about how you handle cheating and hacking? I.e. this many permabans this month, this many temporary suspensions, etc.

I get that it's a tough job having to sort through all the accusations of hacking, since probably 95% or more of reports you guys get are just people not knowing abilities (I was attacking the sage, and suddenly he just appeared 30m away! Hacks!), but knowing you guys are taking it seriously would probably go a long ways toward soothing people.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB