2.0 DPS Leaderboard (v2)

Short question:

Why does the Saboteur/Engineering-tree stand alone? Whats the thing with this tree? Is it just bad in realistic combat and does only dominate on the dummy, or is it just that other Snipers/Slinger not running this tree would be too bad to be listed here in comparison to the named tree? :)

There's a move called scatter bombs you get in the tree that makes you drop explosives when you use your covered escape/hightail it. The bombs are intended to be spread along the whole path you roll, but if a boss is large enough or next to a wall you can hit it with multiple bombs, sometimes 4 or even all 5. When you do that, you end up getting a huge dps boost from all the bombs hitting. The dummies are next to walls, which means you basically have the perfect conditions to do monster damage while dummy parsing. That's why the sab/eng parses are so much higher than every other spec. There are tradeoffs for doing this in a real boss fight that makes it a lot more difficult, and you can only realistically get close to those huge numbers on a few boss fights, but it's the upper limit of what the spec can do (which is what a thread like this is all about).

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short question:

Why does the Saboteur/Engineering-tree stand alone? Whats the thing with this tree? Is it just bad in realistic combat and does only dominate on the dummy, or is it just that other Snipers/Slinger not running this tree would be too bad to be listed here in comparison to the named tree? :)

Short answer: it's OP on a significant number of fights, but not all.... IMO :)

Edited by odawgg

Short answer: it's OP on a a significant number of fights, but not all IMO :)

It is essentially this. It is a skewed representation of gunslinger DPS. A gunslinger doing 3600 on a combat dummy because dummies provides a perfect scenario of using it does not mean that it will be done the same way in an ops. It's a good tree, but it'd be fallacious to only represent gunslingers by saboteur DPS, considering it's 400~500 DPS higher than the other specs because of one situational move.

Edited by Falver

There's a move called scatter bombs you get in the tree that makes you drop explosives when you use your covered escape/hightail it. The bombs are intended to be spread along the whole path you roll, but if a boss is large enough or next to a wall you can hit it with multiple bombs, sometimes 4 or even all 5. When you do that, you end up getting a huge dps boost from all the bombs hitting. The dummies are next to walls, which means you basically have the perfect conditions to do monster damage while dummy parsing. That's why the sab/eng parses are so much higher than every other spec. There are tradeoffs for doing this in a real boss fight that makes it a lot more difficult, and you can only realistically get close to those huge numbers on a few boss fights, but it's the upper limit of what the spec can do (which is what a thread like this is all about).

Well, thats what I assumed! Anyway, thanks for this quick, informal answer!

Another short question:

Would you (everyone is meant here) carry a Deception-Sin to a Progressraid? As a permanent member?

(I know, I know, I already askes this in the former threat but since that time I tried to find even a HM-operationgroup and got denied, a friend (Mara) got 5 invites! (Both random)

Edit: Same gearlevel!

I hope someone can help me (again :/), thanks! :)

Edited by ConCube

Would you (everyone is meant here) carry a Deception-Sin to a Progressraid? As a permanent member?

(I know, I know, I already askes this in the former threat but since that time I tried to find even a HM-operationgroup and got denied, a friend (Mara) got 5 invites! (Both random)

Edit: Same gearlevel!

I hope someone can help me (again :/), thanks! :)

I mostly play Balance on my Shadow but will switch to Infiltration depending on the fight. I have a permanent spot in our guild progression team and I was part of our guild Pre-pre-nerf Dreadguard kill. Also there is another guild on my server that runs a dps Shadow in their progression team. Im a pretty firm believer that you should bring the player and not the class. I mean could I do more dps on my sentinal than my Shadow? Maybe, but I'm 100% more comfortable raiding on my shadow and know when I can get away with things that I may not be able to get away with on a sentinal.

Hope that was the type of answer you were looking for.

I mostly play Balance on my Shadow but will switch to Infiltration depending on the fight. I have a permanent spot in our guild progression team and I was part of our guild Pre-pre-nerf Dreadguard kill. Also there is another guild on my server that runs a dps Shadow in their progression team. Im a pretty firm believer that you should bring the player and not the class. I mean could I do more dps on my sentinal than my Shadow? Maybe, but I'm 100% more comfortable raiding on my shadow and know when I can get away with things that I may not be able to get away with on a sentinal.

Hope that was the type of answer you were looking for.

Yeah, thats great! But you wont do the best damage in the raid, will you? The thing is that I cant decide between my Sin, my Sniper and my Sent :/ Can someone calculate what the DPS of a Dec/Inf-Sin would be like, with armordebuff and finisher below 30%? I hope someone do :)

Yeah, thats great! But you wont do the best damage in the raid, will you? The thing is that I cant decide between my Sin, my Sniper and my Sent :/ Can someone calculate what the DPS of a Dec/Inf-Sin would be like, with armordebuff and finisher below 30%? I hope someone do :)

Well, as a deception assassin im currently in the progressive runs for my guild, but im hardly a permanent member. Our guild doesnt have that many good DPS atm, so i have a place..for the the time being. Our team has 3 other snipers..and me :D. They mostly out dps me, but im no slouch, depends highly on the fight. Im starting to play around with balance because its better for certain fights, but im comfortable with deception atm. If you have the choice, and your not attached to your sin, go sniper. But as someone else mentioned its more about the player than the class, well, for the most part.

Well, as a deception assassin im currently in the progressive runs for my guild, but im hardly a permanent member. Our guild doesnt have that many good DPS atm, so i have a place..for the the time being. Our team has 3 other snipers..and me :D. They mostly out dps me, but im no slouch, depends highly on the fight. Im starting to play around with balance because its better for certain fights, but im comfortable with deception atm. If you have the choice, and your not attached to your sin, go sniper. But as someone else mentioned its more about the player than the class, well, for the most part.

Well, thats what I suspected ... I'll retire my Sin then and will only use it for crafting then. And now I have to decide between my Sent and my Sniper!

between Republic and Empire!

between Jedi and Sith!

BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL!

(sry, way too dramatical :/)

So I'd like to understand how the Gunslinger Saboteur build can be so high compared to other pure dps builds, the sent for instance. Doesn't this show the Sab build is a little op and may get a nerf at some point.

Now before someone goes off on one me about nerfs I'm not asking for anything to be nerfed, I myself have 3 slingers.

I'm simply asking because a guildie says its fotm for sab slingersa then and means less competition for the other classes and possibly in need of a nerf if it really pulls 500 odd dmg more than anyone else...

So I'd like to understand how the Gunslinger Saboteur build can be so high compared to other pure dps builds, the sent for instance. Doesn't this show the Sab build is a little op and may get a nerf at some point.

Now before someone goes off on one me about nerfs I'm not asking for anything to be nerfed, I myself have 3 slingers.

I'm simply asking because a guildie says its fotm for sab slingersa then and means less competition for the other classes and possibly in need of a nerf if it really pulls 500 odd dmg more than anyone else...

Dummy parses are up next to a wall, which guarantees all 5 scatter bombs landing, which adds up to 25% of the gunslingers damage. That parse is basically ideal conditions of a Sab slinger with a large boss or the boss posted up against a wall. The spec is stupid fun in raids. Go to here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=609256 for more information

Even if u master or idk cheat and use Macro for jump + bombs, which can fail too, or boss have big reticles and get hit by it too much, is not really the best spec you want to use in a raid group, pretty much like Pyro merc i would say... sniper stacked on melee range? lets go with a mara for that.... merc without tracer missile armor red? might as well just use a sniper for example comparing specs.

i tried saboteur, with my sniper on styrak fight, yes P1 i did like 250 more overall dps, but i was a *********** flying mosquito all over the place, on top of spits, annoying to play and to heal (i am not really experienced with it to say i was doing it perfect)... then chained phase was annoying i couldnt roll, i was just stunning - slowing stuff with aoe, was pretty much useless so high DPS doesnt always means, good dps or good utility.

i see saboteur fight being good in trasher for example, either boss huge *** reticle... or snipers AoE, nothing to lose there, besides that, nothing in SaV NiM i would think of, titan maybe, not worth it.