New level cap

blackphantome

Will there be a new level cap (70) with KotET? I am asking because I am thinking of equipping my sorcerer with all the good stuff. But I would wait with those crystals for Level 70 if there is a new level cap with 5.0.

Would be very cool to receive an answer! :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to 72. For reasons.

(no one knows, man. I figure that is probably in the cards, as well as another 50 crafting... at some point. Me, I'm thinking if diplo gets anther 50, and starts moving the dark and light values by 200ish, we need more than light and dark V on the scale of good and bad, too. So, any change in level caps is going to be a wonk in the mechanics.)

Gear don't matter unless you are doing hard mode ops or PVP.

In the case of the former you need to actually get your stuff in order. In the latter, use whatever bolsters best until you get a PVP set.

Otherwise stick whatever you have in every slot and you will be scaled up or down automatically.

Will there be a new level cap (70) with KotET? I am asking because I am thinking of equipping my sorcerer with all the good stuff. But I would wait with those crystals for Level 70 if there is a new level cap with 5.0.

Would be very cool to receive an answer! :)

1.0 = 50

2.0 = 55

3.0 = 60

4.0 = 65

Stands to reason 5.0 = 70

There is honestly little reason to add another 5 levels to the game.

ZERO

QFE .... I will actually quit if they raise the level or gear rating cap without adding new Ops. I'm happy to chase a new set of gear, but not through the old used up content ... when they did that for 4.0 I could at least justify it to myself since they made old Ops relevant & on-level again. But for 5.0, no way!!

I would prepare for it. They will be raising the cap, regardless if we think they need to or not. If this is going to be a payed expansion, then the devs are going to try and win back as many players as they can. And level increases help them accomplish that from a marketing perspective.

ZERO

There would be very little reason not to add more levels with an expansion. It gives players something to work toward and helps deplete crystal reserves as folks have to upgrade gear.

It would make sense to maybe reconfigure lowbie PvP, though, if they did raise the cap. The experience/ability gap is getting pretty wide.

I can't think of any good reason for them to do so at this point. They've gone through a lot of effort to deprecate level, and even the gear grind.

Yeah, without new end game content, it's ridiculous, especially now that there's a wedge developing between those who can do SM at L65 and those who can do HM at L65, with that wedge being able to get the good gear and those set bonuses.

Grinding heroics is one thing, but a lot of us don't have the time to put into grinding 60 to 90 minute-plus-long operations that require 7 other competent players to be there at the same time. So we're stuck with bits and pieces. I mean, we can git gud, but we can't git grate and don't even talk to me about being leet. Raising the level for no good reason is just going to make it harder.

Level sync has its great points. I like it for the lower levels. But upleveling the ops and HMs and making people think the bolster is enough has caused too much frustration such that those of us who are competent ops players are stagnating, caught between undergeared and underexperienced players who drag down everyone, and the best players, who think even players in my tier drag them down. And it's not really any player's fault for being or feeling that way.

Yeah, without new end game content, it's ridiculous, especially now that there's a wedge developing between those who can do SM at L65 and those who can do HM at L65, with that wedge being able to get the good gear and those set bonuses.

Grinding heroics is one thing, but a lot of us don't have the time to put into grinding 60 to 90 minute-plus-long operations that require 7 other competent players to be there at the same time. So we're stuck with bits and pieces. I mean, we can git gud, but we can't git grate and don't even talk to me about being leet. Raising the level for no good reason is just going to make it harder.

Level sync has its great points. I like it for the lower levels. But upleveling the ops and HMs and making people think the bolster is enough has caused too much frustration such that those of us who are competent ops players are stagnating, caught between undergeared and underexperienced players who drag down everyone, and the best players, who think even players in my tier drag them down. And it's not really any player's fault for being or feeling that way.

You clearly haven't seen my rant about limiting set bonuses to Ops drops that you're not guaranteed, have you? IT's a stupid mechanic. Put them on the highest end crystal gear and make the ops drops just statistically better. You used to be able to get set bonus items with commendations on a vendor on Belsavis. It wasn't the very latest rating, but...

ZERO

Gotta agree there, considering that everything is synced down. Other than abilities, it's just 5 lv's for end game and a whole new gear grind, but iit's whatever.

I wouldnt mind if they raised the level cap. But I will still play even if they don't.

I suppose they will at some point. But they need to have new content to run at

the new level cap with new gear to get if they do.

I would prepare for it. They will be raising the cap, regardless if we think they need to or not. If this is going to be a payed expansion, then the devs are going to try and win back as many players as they can. And level increases help them accomplish that from a marketing perspective.

There would be very little reason not to add more levels with an expansion. It gives players something to work toward and helps deplete crystal reserves as folks have to upgrade gear.

It would make sense to maybe reconfigure lowbie PvP, though, if they did raise the cap. The experience/ability gap is getting pretty wide.

Maybe they could add a new tier- Lowbie/Midbie/Highbie/70's so Lowbie is 10-35, Midbie 36-50, Highbie 51-69, 70's ... 70. Seems like there's a weird thing in Lowbies going up to 40 or something where the higher lowbies have more abilities than lower lowbies despite the level sync thing.

Personally, I'm thrilled about it heh.

If they didnt do this periodically, what would people do after they have obtained all the best gear in the game? I'm in full 224 now. How and why would I continue to raid and pvp indefintaely? No thrill of the hunt, nothing to aspire to, nothing to work towards, nothing to look forward to.

Gear grinding, thats what progression raiding is all about. Yeah, it may be illusionary as new gear is relative to other increases, but it sure is nice when you get those nice new shines.

As another poster mentioned -

MORE POWER, bigger numbers, who's got it and who dont, gimmie the prizeeeeeeeeee.

Would i love the higher tier gear to be attached to new OPS? Of course I would. But either way, I still want the better gear =p. Really, how long can you stagnate for once you have all the best gear?

P.S. Don't forget the extra utility point we'll get once we cap to the new level increase. Last time they actually took a utility point from us and we had to earn it back leveling. What total horse crap that was.

P.S. Don't forget the extra utility point we'll get once we cap to the new level increase. Last time they actually took a utility point from us and we had to earn it back leveling. What total horse crap that was.

That right there is why I don't expect a level cap increase - because I don't expect they will want to rebalance for an extra utility point, an extra power, and an extra passive. Per spec

Screw raising the level cap. It's a pointless grind to give the illusion of adding content.

Got that right.

Plus, with how down leveling works there is little point in adding 5 levels but like someone else said. If they add in 5 levels without new OPS. I'm out either way.

A new level cap in swtor is pretty much worthless as long as they push down leveling as some aspect this game needed. You made 70, now go do things at a much lower level except some really old OPS and no idea if there will ever be any new ones.

A new level cap? Lets not.

One of the worst reasons actually.

Raising the level cap only serves one purpose: to remove high end gear and make room for new gear because the former gear is obsolete. Its pointless. It replaces one tier with another tier.

Just add new gear and allow for new gear combinations and you add more content for players.

Also we dont need to start Kotfe at lvl60. Subscribers mostly reach lvl65 before or during SoR. Increasing the level cap didnt serve any purpose with Kotfe. Why would that chance with the next expansion?

One of the worst reasons actually.

Raising the level cap only serves one purpose: to remove high end gear and make room for new gear because the former gear is obsolete. Its pointless. It replaces one tier with another tier.

Just add new gear and allow for new gear combinations and you add more content for players.

Also we dont need to start Kotfe at lvl60. Subscribers mostly reach lvl65 before or during SoR. Increasing the level cap didnt serve any purpose with Kotfe. Why would that chance with the next expansion?

New gear without new stats would be pointless. We have the CM for that.