KOTFE and KOTET … DS Sith or LS Jedi?

Malkosha

Maybe a little of both?

Looking back at KOTFE and now forward to KOTET, who do you think fits the story better? DS Sith or LS Jedi? In some ways, I would think the DS Sith would be considered more of an Empire Conqueror, though they might end up destroying that which they would conquer. A LS Jedi might not have the “killer instinct” you need to take down an empire but a LS Jedi might provide a more stable government in the long run. In seems to me that KOTFE was made more for the LS Jedi with the choices and outcomes you are given … but that’s just how I saw it.

Who do you think fits the story better?

The Emperor's Wrath gets special dialogue from the Emperor in Chapter 8 and 9 of KOTET, so I'd probably go with DS Sith, except in Chapter 2 of KOTET the Imperials don't really treat you as one of their own (even if you were a high ranked Sith), so it really depends on which chapter.

The Emperor's Wrath gets special dialogue from the Emperor in Chapter 8 and 9 of KOTET.

Do you know if the inquisitor gets any special dialogue about eating force-ghosts? I assumed that would be story-relevant with Valkorion being a ghost and chatting with you a lot, but it never seemed to come up at all.

Personally I think a DS Sith fits the expansion better, as you're basically conquering the galaxy.

Do you know if the inquisitor gets any special dialogue about eating force-ghosts? I assumed that would be story-relevant with Valkorion being a ghost and chatting with you a lot, but it never seemed to come up at all.

Personally I think a DS Sith fits the expansion better, as you're basically conquering the galaxy.

I'd need to replay it but in the first couple chapters far Valk addresses at least a "gimme throne" Inquisitor as having conquered death and Acina and the Inquisitor discuss Korriban tomb hazing while running through another Sith tomb. Need to run different characters to see if non-Sith can snarl as much at Acina.

Chapter II as Light would be really weird.

Edited by Canareth

LS Jedi Knight, for the

Arcann redemption arc.

Also KOTET feels like the end of the Jedi Knight's class story, since the JK has been the Emperor's nemesis from the start.

I'm kind of lost when it comes to both classes and this expansion. If we do take the throne ... where to from here? I can only assume we don't actually take the throne and they will need to invent another story arc that doesn't include the emperor.

Also, I do think the DS Sith probably does fit better since its all about conquering an empire ... but I will play both even though this expansion doesn't feel very alt friendly.

Edited by Malkosha
More to say ...

I'm kind of lost when it comes to both classes and this expansion. If we do take the throne ... where to from here? I can only assume we don't actually take the throne and they will need to invent another story arc that doesn't include the emperor.

Also, I do think the DS Sith probably does fit better since its all about conquering an empire ... but I will play both even though this expansion doesn't feel very alt friendly.

They might just pull a God Of War on us. In God Of War, as soon as you become the God Of War, your power and privilege is stripped from you by Zeus. It could be that when you take the throne, a few years pass by, and Valkorian or somebody comes and takes it all away.

The only thing I don't really like with the Dark side ending of KoTET is that the title Emperor/Empress of the Eternal Alliance just seems really out of place. Though truth be told it doesn't really clear up if all the planets involved in the Alliance ( Tatooine, Hoth, Alderaan, Nar Shadda, Voss, Belsavis) are still considered part of the Alliance after the war or if they fall back into their old faction.

Hoth, Tattoine and Voss make sense because they weren't really part of any faction before. We know Zakuul and a large portion of the upper left section of the outer rim are part of the alliance but I would think Alderaan and Belsavis go back to Republic jurisdiction and Nar Shadda is part of the Hutt corporation.

The planets that do remain as alliance members however wouldn't rename the Eternal Empire as the Eternal Alliance without making a change in political structure. So why the Dark side character is called the Emperor or Empress doesn't make sense.