Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

LadyKulvax
07.31.2014 , 03:16 AM | #571
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
This is probably it.
We're allowed to pick our own point system, though Beni recommended one, I like this idea a bit more
Exactly, zero points were given to posts that were later countered and only posts with viable and genuinely advantageous parts were rewarded.

Calling me bias is like calling the whole system biased, an arbiter in any tally system is forced sometimes to choose themselves between arguments that stone walled each other.

The scenario itself as always was only ever meant to be one version of events.

Even if I took ALL posts into account Selenial would have won 21-18.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

tunewalker
07.31.2014 , 03:27 AM | #572
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Exactly, zero points were given to posts that were later countered and only posts with viable and genuinely advantageous parts were rewarded.

Calling me bias is like calling the whole system biased, an arbiter in any tally system is forced sometimes to choose themselves between arguments that stone walled each other.

The scenario itself as always was only ever meant to be one version of events.

Even if I took ALL posts into account Selenial would have won 21-18.
you did catch the part where the Space station was disallowed right and didnt count any of the points about its existance? I know it was in the scenario, but as far as rules put forth in the middle of this Kaggath by supreme arbiter beni it was out and not an asset the RR or the WA could pull on..

I am cool with Sel winning I expected she would have, honestly I expected more points on both ends with her being higher honestly especially with how many people I was fighting on the end. I dont expect to win this Kaggath at all never did... just want to make sure the rules are being followed I am sorry if you took offense I meant no harm by it.

LadyKulvax
07.31.2014 , 03:45 AM | #573
I caught everything and disagreed with Beni for one reason:

Stripping away any advantages any Kaggath member gets because you yourself decided which planet to make the BG is like insta-gimping one person's faction, it would straight up not be fair, in the past two Kaggaths we saw assets on or around planets be given to their owners, Selenial has every right to Keylander Station and I find it very unfair to strip her of it, there are already disadvantages that will hit her like a brick on the ground.

Even if you remove the station, all Selenial will lose is one point and most of her fleet stays intact, you should be glad, Dodonna went down in a blaze of glory and I allowed you a whole bunch of marines and staff as well as Horn and his squadron to survive.

The station ended up being an advantage not a game breaker.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

tunewalker
07.31.2014 , 03:47 AM | #574
I caught everything and disagreed with Beni for one reason:

Stripping away any advantages any Kaggath member gets because you yourself decided which planet to make the BG is like insta-gimping one person's faction, it would straight up not be fair, in the past two Kaggaths we saw assets on or around planets be given to their owners, Selenial has every right to Keylander Station and I find it very unfair to strip her of it, there are already disadvantages that will hit her like a brick on the ground.

Even if you remove the station, all Selenial will lose is one point and most of her fleet stays intact, you should be glad, Dodonna went down in a blaze of glory and I allowed you a whole bunch of marines and staff as well as Horn and his squadron to survive.

The station ended up being an advantage not a game breaker.
Moving this to appropriate thread.

tunewalker
07.31.2014 , 03:51 AM | #575
Ok since now it is clear that it wasnt a joke....Moving on to ground battle...

LadyKulvax
07.31.2014 , 03:59 AM | #576
I'd suggest starting with how your forces were just supplemented.

45 Naval staff.
5 Naval Officers.
80 Marines.
Corran Horn.
14 Pilots.

These are the people who survived the crash landing and made it to your territory.
Jedi Order

tunewalker
07.31.2014 , 04:05 AM | #577
Ok my honest thoughts on this.

With the Fleet competely destroyed the WA has no way of getting supplies to the planet or disrupting supplies for the RR.

Further more the Hutt's are housed on Makeb allowing for a lot of instant extra armament from them. With out the extra supplies from Soro Suub, the WA will have a hard time getting their needed Anti-air or Anti Vehicle weapons to arm the Wookies or the Antarian rangers with.

Also as the RR has the Hutt's they know the secret entrance into the base that Saba is staying at with their infiltrators it would be fairly easy for them to sneak in there and set explosives to kill her. While the inflitrators wont actually be able to "infiltrate" a unit because 1 is wookies the other are Jedi ad the Final are the highly exclusive Antarian Rangers..... it is highly unlikely for them to actually pass for one of those groups, but they are still masters of stealth tactics and could get into the thrown room.

While normally the Wookies can use the enviroment exceptionally well there isnt much of an "enviroment" on makeb making it difficult for them to really utilize one of their primary strengths

With Dodonna Dead, there is little to truly lead the ground forces. Tactically the RR has Jace Malcom Exceptional Spec forces leader and capable of powerful Strike team tactics. In addition to this we have Revan's Precog, and Meetra's Battle Meditation once again rearing its head and creating the already disorganized and Demoralized WA to become even more so.

The vast majority of the WA vehicles are also "grounded" with the enemy having fighters still in the system the WA will be able to do little with the Ornithopters and Heavy Speeders they will still attempt to clear out enemy Anti-air and when that is done call in a quick air strike from the Ornithopters and Heavy speeders before again landing them under the cover of the AAC's anti air, but with out resupply, with Revan's Precog and with Meetra's battle meditation this will quickly go ary.

I am sure there is more points i could cover but I do wish to leave some for Aurbere and Sel.

tunewalker
07.31.2014 , 04:12 AM | #578
Things I would like to argue, but am scared of getting laughed out of the forums about.......

Corran Horn and Saba vs Revan and Meetra, or even just 1v1's

NJO knights vs Revanites.....

Selenial
07.31.2014 , 04:22 AM | #579
Calling me bias is like calling the whole system biased, an arbiter in any tally system is forced sometimes to choose themselves between arguments that stone walled each other..
I'd just like to highlight this.

I don't think anyone's currently appreciating the monumental task that me, Rayla and Aurbere signed up for here. Everyone leaped at the idea of becoming an Arbiter, but I don't think any of you actually thought it through.

We have to stay active in any Kaggath that we're asked to Arbitrate, and stay as active if not more than those actually competing. Staying neutral is a lot harder than most think, and of course, sometimes due to timetables you end up fighting more for one side.

Even on top of that, reading through 580 posts of pure numbers, opinion and tripe takes a lot of time and effort, and most of us do it in as few sittings as possible to not give multiple points for one argument.

All in all it's a time consuming job, and every conclusion an arbiter comes to is fair, run passed Beni and well thought out. If you think someone isn't doing their job well then you can do it yourself, or leave. No one's forcing you to stay here, or to enter these tournaments.

Rayla's verdict was fair.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

LadyKulvax
07.31.2014 , 04:29 AM | #580
8 E-Wings, 2 K Wings and 5 Gunships made it back to WA territory unhindered btw.
Jedi Order