Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

LadyKulvax
07.29.2014 , 04:17 AM | #261
However in the KotOR CG it states that Darth Revan's favourite naval strategy was dropping out very close to enemy vessels, instantly trapping them all and taking the opponent out completely, it's how the Republic Navy got trashed so badly early on.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

tunewalker
07.29.2014 , 04:18 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
However in the KotOR CG it states that Darth Revan's favourite naval strategy was dropping out very close to enemy vessels, instantly trapping them all and taking the opponent out completely, it's how the Republic Navy got trashed so badly early on.
And that was a tactic used by the Empire at times. I also remind that they see me, they warp in, I see them I warp out..... My ships are faster... I get out...

Selenial
07.29.2014 , 04:21 AM | #263
Can't find Atton, but here's Visas...

http://youtu.be/Wf0FdUAIGXA?t=12m5s
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

LadyKulvax
07.29.2014 , 04:22 AM | #264
No this is different, most imp ships did not have GWPs, nearly 3/4s of Revan's fleet here does.

The Empire's version of the strategy was literally stick one Interdictor SD or Immobiliser in a fleet and use that, Revan's idea was to use all his ships as a net.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

tunewalker
07.29.2014 , 04:23 AM | #265
No this is different, most imp ships did not have GWPs, nearly half of Revan's fleet here does.

The Empire's version of the strategy was literally stick one Interdictor SD or Immobiliser in a fleet and use that, Revan's idea was to use all his ships as a net.
still my ships warp out faster then they can warp in to create said net.... The Majestics espcially were noted for an EXCEPTIONAL spin up time much faster then the others of its time. My ships are gone before the net can be cast....

Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 04:24 AM | #266
Beni I do hope you agree with my rulings, Interdictors were bumped up to 30 due to being Cruisers.

However I did not agree to the nerf on HBDs given Tune's evidence.
I would not class the Interdictor as a light cruiser, I mean lets not forget that it effectively served the role of an SD during the Jedi Civil War. It was a powerful warship, the mainstay of the Sith Fleet, and it was designed to pack a punch.

I can see your reasoning here, if the HBDs were to be classed as light cruisers, so would the Interdictor. But this merely highlights the issue here, and demonstrates how that ruling with be erroneous because it messes up the whole system, and makes little sense in terms of how they were actually used. Let's just go over the classes for a moment:

Lets just remember, the Acclamator-class is the example given for Heavy Cruisers, would we really put Interdictors and HBDs on a lower register? I wouldn't. In fact in comparison I'd say the Interdictor and HBDs are advanced heavies.

So yes, altogether I'd like to stick with that is currently in the OP.

Any further discussion on this matter should be take to the Rulebook.

Selenial
07.29.2014 , 04:26 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I would not class the Interdictor as a light cruiser, I mean lets not forget that it effectively served the role of an SD during the Jedi Civil War. It was a powerful warship, the mainstay of the Sith Fleet, and it was designed to pack a punch.

I can see your reasoning here, if the HBDs were to be classed as light cruisers, so would the Interdictor. But this merely highlights the issue here, and demonstrates how that ruling with be erroneous because it messes up the whole system, and makes little sense in terms of how they were actually used. Let's just go over the classes for a moment:

Lets just remember, the Acclamator-class is the example given for Heavy Cruisers, would we really put Interdictors and HBDs on a lower register? I wouldn't. In fact in comparison I'd say the Interdictor and HBDs are advanced heavies.

So yes, altogether I'd like to stick with that is currently in the OP.

Any further discussion on this matter should be take to the Rulebook.
If the Interdictor is a heavy cruiser, the HBD Is a bloody Star Destroyer.

The Battle Dragon has twice the weaponry Beni, the Interdictor is definitely a Light Cruiser by galactic standards.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

tunewalker
07.29.2014 , 04:26 AM | #268
I dont even know what we are back to now.....

Well Sel, this is going to be interesting... I am deffiniately going to bed now we will sort this mess out tomorow lol.

Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 04:27 AM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I can't for the life of me find any videos on it, but does anyone else remember killing people in the Nar Shadaa docks, and Atton remarks how he doesn't know why he did that, he didn't want to do that but whenever the Exile does something he has a compelling need and want to follow her?

And then you gain Influence with him?
Exactly, KOTOR II is filled with crazy moments like that.

Also remember when Brianna left her sisters and joined the Exile, betraying Atris in the process? Yah.

EDIT: When I have time I'll try and gather together some sources.

Selenial
07.29.2014 , 04:27 AM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
still my ships warp out faster then they can warp in to create said net.... The Majestics espcially were noted for an EXCEPTIONAL spin up time much faster then the others of its time. My ships are gone before the net can be cast....
You're invading my Supplier world, my fleet would already be there.