Concealment Op PVP guide from POTF Ops.

AngelofCain

SO as the title says this is a thread for lvl 50 on concealment ops in ranked and unranked warzones. This is my gear set up, rotations, and some observations made by me and a few other operatives from server POTF.

Enjoy.

Just some thoughts on Op PVP. Some people asked for me to write a guide or strongly hinted at it. If you see an issue to it post or bring it up to me in game. I don't do this for a living. So this is a crude attempt.

Concealment Operative pvp:

Gear:

Armorings 3 PVP and 2 piece PVE, split however you like. you want that 15 percent crit off of it for almost 70 percent crit on Backstab.

Nitty gritty details:

My Pvp Build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZMIMkddkdGRZhr.2

With this build Debillitate's Cooldown is exactly as long as explosive probe. (use it to make someone's day bad)

Ryanreagans Pvp build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401McZG0rkddRdGRZhM.2

This gives kolto injection a Tactical advantage.

Basic Rotation: (from stealth)

Acid Blade, Hidden strike, Shiv, Debillitate, cover, probe, back stab, lacerate lacerate, shiv, whatever required to win after that.

You want at least 1 Tactical advantage to get the 2% dmg buff.

Now we as operatives know that stealth is our biggest Advantage in any war zone, but in my opinion it is also our greatest weakness. As a operative you should be as comfortable fighting out of stealth as opening from stealth. What you are insane Hallow!!! damn right I am. Just take a few days, do warzones only stealthing only when you need too. Learn to use your debillitate and probe together as a opener in mid combat with Backstab with Acid blade to set it off. Plus without stealth it forces you to use your Defensive cd's better otherwise you will die fast and horrible. Use Cloaking Screen only as a last resort. Challenge yourself to be better.Now that's just my basic Idea for learning to play the operative.

Rotation: (opening out of stealth)

Debillitate, Probe, Backstab, shiv, continue from lacerate.

Every class has a weakness.

Assassins: Can be a pain, but if you have learned to fight unstealthed it's fairly straightforward from there. ( Side note: (just learned this cause I am special) Overload Shot works through Force Shroud. When they go all Fabulous!!!!( shiny yellow or whatever) just overload shot and Boom!!! 2k crits continues.)

Marauders: Evasion is your best friend, wait for their stacks on you to be full, pop evasion and continue kicking ***. (sidenote: Toxin scan removes their dots. Mine is macroed to shift spacebar)

P/ts: Shield probe first and Toxin scan is your friend. they still hit really hard if you aren't careful.

Juggs: see above for p/ts.

Mercs Interrupt their grav rounding whatever and it's easy mode from there.

Snipers: this one can be a bit tricky, if they are entrenched, But otherwise evasion if your best friend.

Healers: mmmmm, my bread and butter. There are always healers claiming to be unkillable and that is fine. Just remember if you keep hurting them, interrupting their heals, preventing them from healing their team, that is a win in your column not theirs. For a operative, ego should not be in the way. You are mathematically not going to push the numbers of other classes, but you can be the most annoying god awful thing to run into ina warzone. Let the healers think that you can't kill them, cause let's face it with our energy regen sometimes you can't. But you can keep them occupied so their team mates get torn to shreds. THis is especially true in rateds.

Use the field to your advantage, if you can't do 2v1 wait for someone to get careless, or eager to join the fight. They usually end up getting antsy guarding a node. Strike then strike hard and strike fast.

Sever tendon: (sidenote) Talent sever tendon works through resolve, they can't move for two secs, and typically when people can't move on the field they think they are stunned. So continue kicking ***. I love using it to pin people in fire pits the debillitating them. if the fire is going to go off, wave good bye to them and continue on your way.

Double CC and choosing cc targets: So I don't usually double cc a single target but ccing someone for a 2v1 is a helpful idea. Now from experience and watching a lot of people ccing or trying to cc, don't seem to realize that ccing a tank, who has guard on a healer, will have their cc broken when said guard takes damage. I watch a lot of fights that start out in favor of the stealthy, but then have their cc target disrupted by their choice in cc targets. Yes it's a tank, yes it may take a few moments, but cc the healer kill the tank, and interrupt the healer when their resolve bar is full. Win the fight if possible, when the cc is finished on the healer, usually by this point the jugg tank in this instance will have shoved you away from node, flashbang him and get to work on the healer. Sin tanks are harder because you have to find them. Concept is the same but sometimes you have to just let the sin tank open on you, cause in the beginning its not going to hurt much, just blow your ccs and defensive cd's, just keep hitting the healer. Dps and healers can be easier or harder depending on the dps and how fast you can kill the dps or healer.

Tips: From RyanReagan

1v1: Sleep Dart and immediately drop Orbital Strike. This will force them to either a) use CC breaker or b) eat your orbital. If they use the CC breaker you can play with them a bit for their resolve to drop and then flashbang and drop the orbital strike again and use the root to keep them there.

Your speed burst is available whenever you are out of combat just by stealthing/exiting stealth. Unfortunately, stealthing causes you to slow down so get out of stealth asap if you're trying to be speedy.

Wait for acid blade to wear off before you attempt to flashbang. Then just heal yourself up. If you have the TA talent, you just gave yourself a TA or two to use when they come out of that flashbang.

Plenty of your abilities are available from cover. Get used to going into cover before trying to cap a door/node/etc.

The head and chest are the most expensive PvP armorings, so that is a good place to use your PvE Shells. Just put in the mods/armorings from EWH Enforcer Bracers.

61 level 39 power/crit is better than 63 level 13 power/crit.

The power of respec is your friend. Don't be afraid to go heal or run a spec with Sedatives if you are solo guarding.

Don't stand near the spawn gate and then stealth if the other team can see your gate. Else they know you are coming.

Thanks to SIndeni, Kati, Banshi, Ates, and all those others who chimed in and let me know how wrong some of my information is. Thanks guys, hate you all but thanks.

And thanks to ryanreagan for his helpful post.

Edited by AngelofCain

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right I mention ranked: When ranked came out and P/ts were FOTM, my records still stands at 2147 rating, 149 wins :17 losses as concealment. Since that time, pts have been nerfed and smash juggs can only smashed when they are not stunned. So... take everything as you will. Have fun good luck, and enjoy some 6k crits, on soft war hero sorcs.

Always good to have a nice overview. But does the BiS setup really include willpower mods? Since you list " 2 Force-mystic gloves For Power mod", and the mods certainly don't have our main stat.

I probably messed up. its power enhancement, i wrote this up when ewh rifles were just out. I was doing alot of mixing and matching.

thanks fixed.

Edited by AngelofCain

Nice guide, thank you.

I only am wandering how you could possibly think to win x tank+healer combo. As you can't. Or do you mean you + xx other players taking on them.. ? :)

Actually you can. Sleep the healer, kill the tank when healer comes free, flashbang the healer keep killing tank... IF you cannot kill the tank before the healer, the either A) die, or B) learn to kite those mofo,s so the tank los's the healer. use sever tendon to pin a healer in place, vanish sleep the tank, you can win. If you think You can win against a average healer tank team, then you probably can, if nothing else you can kill someone before you die.

When you continuously hit Powertechs, and juggs for 4.5k + you can kill a tank healer team easy.

I'm curious as to why the one point in Scouting or Survival training was more important than having the 100% chance for a TA in Tactical Opportunity?

someone asked me this on POTF, For me this build is more balanced than the 100% TA. Most things die by the first backstab anyways. So this is my personal preference.

Nice guide, may make use of it when I hit 50 for my Concealment Op (COP!). I have always seen people talk about how its so UP and worthless so its nice to see someone understanding and using a class properly rather then whining.

Nice guide, may make use of it when I hit 50 for my Concealment Op (COP!). I have always seen people talk about how its so UP and worthless so its nice to see someone understanding and using a class properly rather then whining.

play what you love. If you can turn what you love into a Killing machine, then be Batman.

Gear:

16 War hero pieces not including your enforcer armorings.

3 wh Field tech pants for Power mod

3 Wh Weaponmaster gloves for Power enhancement

2 Force-mystic gloves For Crit enhancement.

3 enforcer boot for crit mod.

Several mistakes here but overall a good guide. Id recommend Bold/underline/enlarge the text titles for different topics.

Edited by Luchidor

I didn't know that little tid bit when tanksin get the "golden glow" like bruce leeroy. Great info in the post. Also the part about fight unstealthed, great. It will help you learn what to do when someone helps you out by closing the gap by either pulling you or leaping to you. The latter is more dangerous while the "pull" is truly helpful most of the time. This will change you saying "Oh S--- he just pulled me, oh noes what do i do" to "Did they just pu...OH HELL NO, now you must perish" (the "OH HELL..." isnt what I normal say, I didnt want a bunch of dashes in quotes thats all).

I didn't know that little tid bit when tanksin get the "golden glow" like bruce leeroy. Great info in the post. Also the part about fight unstealthed, great. It will help you learn what to do when someone helps you out by closing the gap by either pulling you or leaping to you. The latter is more dangerous while the "pull" is truly helpful most of the time. This will change you saying "Oh S--- he just pulled me, oh noes what do i do" to "Did they just pu...OH HELL NO, now you must perish" (the "OH HELL..." isnt what I normal say, I didnt want a bunch of dashes in quotes thats all).

Usually. it's oh hey you pulled me eat a flashbang while I change directions whilte I look for a place to LOS.

So how does the set piece bonuses work with you taking mods from all different places? I read that you should have 2 set bonus from Field Tech and 2 from Enforcer and PvE 2. Buying all those same pieces satisfy that req?

Still confused about how the set bonuses would work

So how does the set piece bonuses work with you taking mods from all different places? I read that you should have 2 set bonus from Field Tech and 2 from Enforcer and PvE 2. Buying all those same pieces satisfy that req?

Still confused about how the set bonuses would work

Personally I don't worry about the field tech bonus. I just went enforcer pvp and enforcer pve pieces. No it will not. THese pieces are the min/max for your mods and enhancements, not your armorings.

Opinions:

I don't agree with stacking Power, but in the end the difference between the two is very small.

I prefer 5/31/5. The extra debilitate isn't very useful compared to getting TA's from offheals. I also talent into the endurance/defense instead of the movement speed/stealth.

Tips:

1v1, Sleep Dart and immediatly drop Orbital Strike. This will force them to either a) use CC breaker or b) eat your orbital. If they use the CC breaker you can play with them a bit for their resolve to drop and then flashbang and drop the orbital strike again and use the root to keep them there.

Your speed burst is available whenever you are out of combat just by stealthing/exiting stealth. Unfortunately, stealthing causes you to slow down so get out of stealth asap if you're trying to be speedy.

Wait for acid blade to wear off before you attempt to flashbang. Then just heal yourself up. If you have the TA talent, you just gave yourself a TA or two to use when they come out of that flashbang.

Plenty of your abilities are available from cover. Get used to going into cover before trying to cap a door/node/etc.

The head and chest are the most expensive PvP armorings, so that is a good place to use your PvE Shells. Just put in the mods/armorings from EWH Enforcer Bracers.

61 level 39 power/crit is better than 63 level 13 power/crit.

The power of respec is your friend. Don't be afraid to go heal or run a spec with Sedatives if you are solo guarding.

Don't stand near the spawn gate and then stealth if the other team can see your gate. Else they know you are coming.