Pedia's 1.2 PTS Thread

ThePedia

Will buffs and de-buffs be detachable from the unit frames?

Thanks

Not that I've seen. You can move debuffs so they're anchored at the bottom instead of the top, but that's all I've been able to do with them

Do you have the stats on the crafted new war hero gear for armormech?

They're oranges without any mods in them.

Edited by ThePedia

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Dodge removes the entire dot(s) or do you get the new smaller dot ?

And if you get the new dot does it break stealth.

If it does indeed apply the new dot and it breaks stealth isnt it another nerf to scoundrel/operative ? just saying :)

So, heres the deal with PvP in the next patch from what I've seen tonight:

It doesn't matter how much dps your team has, because healers + tanks work way too well together. Just did a voidstar against a team of 2 tanks 4 healers 2 dps. Our team couldn't kill anything, and they just defended the doors and capped the doors by existing. Huttball worked much the same. Can't kill anyone, just whoever picks up the ball gets the cap. CC the pedestal when the ball spawns, and you win!

Novare Coast. 3+ healers on each team. Just sat around shooting flurry of bolts at whoever tried to cap a turret because neither team was ever going to kill anyone.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5830/screenshot2012032822494.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats me doing 705k dmg in a wz with only 15 kills (the most on my team) This is a live server from a week ago. I have a feeling this is what rateds will look like. Tanks+Heals=No fun

Edited by Honier

I understand people complaining about scrappers in PVE. Our sustained dmg isn't going to match up to others like a sent. But in pvp, I don't understand how you could feel useless. We can lock down any single class no problem. There isn't a class out there that we cant 1v1 with 60-90% health left. In most cases if you know what your doing a 2v1 is usually a win, even with a tank/heals. Open on the heals, FB the tank, attack the heals then vanish and sap the tank for a 8-16 second cc on him. If you cant solo a heals in that time your playing the class wrong. Chances are you still have your DK left for the tank and its an easy win. Only exception is a good shadow tank, but use your def screen when needed, and when he vanishes you do the same and reset. Right now in champ gear your SF can hit from 2.5-5.5k your BB hits for 2.5-5k and SP and BW hit from 2-4k. Don't forget Sab charge, quick shot, vital shot, thermal grenade and charged burst. Its not hard to kill anything and help a team out. Kill their heals, protect your heals and focus targets with guildies. Right now my average huttball and alderan is 350-450k and my average voidstar is 400-550k damage done with a max damage of 705k in a void star. That was AoE on the doors when needed and the rest was single target dps.

A few tips from me.

Cover is a great way to move to and from a target fast. Especially in voidstar and huttball.

A ranged or running opponent can take 6k dmg with a sabcharge and a charged blast followed by some FoB as you pursue. This is usually enough to finish a sorc if you miss rooting their sprint.

Try and use Sab Charge as often as possible. it is great to add to your burst and can put a lot of pressure on the heals.

Don't be afraid to heal a friend if it is needed. If the ball carrier is getting focused and heals is slack, you can support your heals a bit.

I've seen a lot of Scoundrels running around in stealth waiting for the best positioning. Run out of stealth and stealth when your ready to attack. Don't run around your target, run through them and spin to open. If need be start attacking from 30m and forget about stealth. Stealth is a great tool to have but its not always required. one potential 5k hit isn't worth loosing the 15 sec it takes to get behind them.

Smuggle is a great tool to use in a wz if you know what your doing with it, and its not only for capturing a node :)

Were a very fast paced class and a lot of fun to play. I miss the 8k hits pre nerf but we are still the best 1v1 class in the game and we bring an amazing arsenal of tools to the group if used well.

I understand people complaining about scrappers in PVE. Our sustained dmg isn't going to match up to others like a sent. But in pvp, I don't understand how you could feel useless. We can lock down any single class no problem. There isn't a class out there that we cant 1v1 with 60-90% health left. In most cases if you know what your doing a 2v1 is usually a win, even with a tank/heals. Open on the heals, FB the tank, attack the heals then vanish and sap the tank for a 8-16 second cc on him. If you cant solo a heals in that time your playing the class wrong. Chances are you still have your DK left for the tank and its an easy win. Only exception is a good shadow tank, but use your def screen when needed, and when he vanishes you do the same and reset.

Haven't you ever heard of tanks using guard? Your whole tactic goes into waste. Guarded healer is hit, tank wakes up. o.O

lol, i must appolgize. It was 5 am and I was a little under the influence when I wrote my last post :). I stand behind everything I said minus the tank/heals combo. That was the reason for my first post lol. The 705k dmg and only 15 kills is because of the heals tank combo. I will say I have and will continue to 2v1 tanks/Heal combos, however that is dependent on them being baddies for the most part and it usually has to be a guardian tank. besides a bad tank/heals that is the cookie cutter 2v1 strat. Thats is what I was trying to get accross. People say they have issues in a 1v1 and I was pointing out we can effectively close down 2 people at once let alone 1v1, and that is great utility.

Im not saying that people on this form are complaning but I have seen a lot of scoundrels reroll because they believe we dont have anything to bring to the group. I agree we could use an ability to close the gaps, even if it is a use in stealth only ability it would be nice but I think we are one of the best pvp classes in the game. I never get out damaged by a melee in a wz, and I usually play my objectives and protect my heals. Every ability we throw out hits for around 3k+, its all instant and we dont have to build up any of them.

Were are the best burst class in the game at the moment and i expect to see a lot of us in rateds (assuming they dont turn into 4/4 heals/tanks.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5830/screenshot2012032822494.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats me doing 705k dmg in a wz with only 15 kills (the most on my team) This is a live server from a week ago. I have a feeling this is what rateds will look like. Tanks+Heals=No fun

Good lord...thats crazy. Only 15 kills?!? I mean, you did awesome on damage, but ya, your right. Tanks+heals = !!!!

Edited by thecoffeeguy