Help with saboteur/engineering

XxSameedxX

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but engie is, imo, the weakest in pvp out of the three specs (still doable, just weak in comparison to the other specs). You are better off with mm or lethality.

The newest guide I can find is Awetgomk's 5.10 guide on Vulkk.

I used it as the basis for my most recent Engineering build, intending to self-update my build after reviewing the subsequent patch notes. However, I did not really see much that needed changing from a PvE perspective.

Obviously it is missing any information about Tacticals, and based on my initial review of the field there, it looks like the two options are Ruthless Interrogation for single-target damage (but if you are focussing on ST damage, why not use a MM spec?), or T0-R0 Ionic DIscharge, which would significantly change the AOE rotation in the published guide.

I have not spent enough time running rotations through a parser or analysis to make any recommendations there... otherwise I would have written a guide :p

That clearly is all about PvE, and for PvP in 6.1 I am not sure I would use Engineering. MM seems to be more competitive, but I spend a lot less time PvPing than I do PvEing, and outside of team PvP I personally prefer the single-target focus that I get from MM. Engineering's AoE can be awesome in team PvP, but in my recent experience it is too situational to be a primary focus.

• 4 weeks later...
I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but engie is, imo, the weakest in pvp out of the three specs (still doable, just weak in comparison to the other specs). You are better off with mm or lethality.

Are you sure about this I use saboteur and I am able to do alot of dmg not to say I have more slows meaning more utillities which allows me to do more plays and survive aswell.

Saboteur is so much fun to play. i just leveled a scoundrel and an operative to 75 using the middle spec and it was the easiest leveling ever, lazy-man style.

I like to call it "the annoying spec".

I get a lot of hate in PvP from opponents due to this spec. And it works fine in sub-75 content, which is nearly all of the game. It works fine in both vet and master mode flashpoints.

It doesn't have the highest dps, and on any other metric it doesn't show up so well either. Except this, it is fun and wild and annoying to others, and practical enough to function. Re-experience the joy of playing and give up worrying about if you can eek out another 0.37% to your lethality parse.

Captain Eo

• 2 weeks later...
Saboteur is so much fun to play. i just leveled a scoundrel and an operative to 75 using the middle spec and it was the easiest leveling ever, lazy-man style.

I like to call it "the annoying spec".

I get a lot of hate in PvP from opponents due to this spec. And it works fine in sub-75 content, which is nearly all of the game. It works fine in both vet and master mode flashpoints.

It doesn't have the highest dps, and on any other metric it doesn't show up so well either. Except this, it is fun and wild and annoying to others, and practical enough to function. Re-experience the joy of playing and give up worrying about if you can eek out another 0.37% to your lethality parse.

Captain Eo

You seem to be confusing Saboteur and scrapper.