Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chryptyk
08.21.2017 , 06:15 PM | #31
Will the new cartel pack be delayed as well?

HKtheindomitable
08.21.2017 , 06:19 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Does Gree event still start from tomorrow?
Answer: Those start automatically.

Analysis: Each event starts without the need for a patch, unlike a certain Sci-Fi space game.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

Kaizersan
08.21.2017 , 06:27 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Retort: The problem with that logic is that the meatbag thinks there should never be bugs ever because *every* possible cause can be accounted for at all times always.

Revelation: This is the real world. Things don't work that way. That's the way it is. Deal with it.
this is not a normal bug this is a game breaking bug those are two different things so sorry droid but you should get your logic circuits checked.

HKtheindomitable
08.21.2017 , 07:06 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
this is not a normal bug this is a game breaking bug those are two different things so sorry droid but you should get your logic circuits checked.
Response: It doesn't matter what kind it is. The logic of "it should have been ironed out long before and not made it to the final build" still does not stand.

Query: Know why?

Answer: Because they don't always show themselves early on.

Statement: That is why testing is done the whole time, not just before release. If testing was not done the entire time, major bugs would not all be caught.

Cautionary: Don't think for a second that major bugs never show up at the last round of testing for anything ever.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE

Kaizersan
08.21.2017 , 08:34 PM | #35
Response: It doesn't matter what kind it is. The logic of "it should have been ironed out long before and not made it to the final build" still does not stand.

Query: Know why?

Answer: Because they don't always show themselves early on.

Statement: That is why testing is done the whole time, not just before release. If testing was not done the entire time, major bugs would not all be caught.

Cautionary: Don't think for a second that major bugs never show up at the last round of testing for anything ever.
This type of bug would have shown itself before the final build and due to the fact that testers I have talked to told me they had reported it during testing so there is no excuse when such a bug was reported months ago.

HKtheindomitable
08.21.2017 , 08:49 PM | #36
This type of bug would have shown itself before the final build and due to the fact that testers I have talked to told me they had reported it during testing so there is no excuse when such a bug was reported months ago.
Disagreement: I'm sorry. But that's not reality.

Scenario: But lets say it did show itself earlier. They have to recreate it. There's also a long list of bugs to go through. If they managed to only be able to recreate it today, or have only been able to get to that bug in the list of bugs, it still wouldn't have been ironed out in an early build. Especially if there were far more important things to get taken care of.

Conjecture: This bug most likely is a simple fix, but the result of the bug is huge. Without being there, it's hard to say for sure.

Addendum: Your claim to inside information is nothing but hear-say. I could make the same claim, but it would hold no weight. Real or not, what has been stated above still stands, as well as my previous replies.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE

Kaizersan
08.21.2017 , 09:14 PM | #37

Scenario: But lets say it did show itself earlier. They have to recreate it. There's also a long list of bugs to go through. If they managed to only be able to recreate it today, or have only been able to get to that bug in the list of bugs, it still wouldn't have been ironed out in an early build. Especially if there were far more important things to get taken care of.

Conjecture: This bug most likely is a simple fix, but the result of the bug is huge. Without being there, it's hard to say for sure.

Addendum: Your claim to inside information is nothing but hear-say. I could make the same claim, but it would hold no weight. Real or not, what has been stated above still stands, as well as my previous replies.
You do realize that once a bug is made public the knowledge of said bug is no longer covered by NDA so those who have tested it can talk about it and it is not hard to find people who have access to testing which is every iinfluencer as the last few content patches they released operations boss fights before the patch release and those influencer have to publicly state they are to cover themselves so as you can see it isn't that hard.

Kaizersan
08.21.2017 , 09:16 PM | #38

Also game breaking bugs are given top priority in most game companies except it seems Bioware.doesn't.

commanderwar
08.21.2017 , 09:40 PM | #39
You do realize that once a bug is made public the knowledge of said bug is no longer covered by NDA so those who have tested it can talk about it and it is not hard to find people who have access to testing which is every iinfluencer as the last few content patches they released operations boss fights before the patch release and those influencer have to publicly state they are to cover themselves so as you can see it isn't that hard.
really, according to another influencer kidlee cannot talk about anything that was in the PTS, and I could get proof of him saying that,
but If not then it would be fine and easy to show proof then, or this info has the same value as your other claims on reddit
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

Renata_Roselli
08.21.2017 , 09:53 PM | #40
Figures. Always a delay.