Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

enoax

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of funny then as how the Dark Radiance internal proc relic is currently set as the 1.4 (1.5 included since no new armor) BiS relic. Someone may want to correct mmo-mechanic here. I guess it would just be switched to the elemental one then since it's not affected by armor.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-826-page-28.html

yeah. dont think anyone has discribed the proc mechanics till just now. I'll make an account post there anyways.. i lurk there often anyways.

edit: Heh someone beat me too it!

Created a ticket to get my internal relic refunded or exchanged for the elemental version. Would suggest other to do the same and post here if they are successful or denied.

Edited by enoax

Yeah I just read the last post in that thread also. I've just been reading threads for the last hour or so i got tired so I didn't get to the end before I posted here lol.

Good thing I haven't spent my 1000 daily comms yet!

Edited by Fireswraith

yeah. dont think anyone has discribed the proc mechanics till just now. I'll make an account post there anyways.. i lurk there often anyways.

edit: Heh someone beat me too it!

Created a ticket to get my internal relic refunded or exchanged for the elemental version. Would suggest other to do the same and post here if they are successful or denied.

Ya thats my account there jaywalk lol. I sent a ticket as well. Gonna be mad if they screw me over. I have 0 comms and grinding the stupid comms is extremely boring/annoying

Using dummy and Dread guard relic of dark radiance

Slinger with internal proc relic (DG)

-> his ranged crit rate is 41% (tech is 40%). Relic critted 43%.

http://www.torparse.com/a/57367

Sage with internal proc relic (DG)

->melee crit rate 21.28% (force crit rate 37%). Relic critted 15%

http://www.torparse.com/a/57392

Is the overall DPS loss so great to mandatory change the relic? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only seems to be a difference of 8-9 dps...

Edited by Deedrah

Is the overall DPS loss so great to mandatory change the relic? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only seems to be a difference of 8-9 dps...

Every bit counts. I have been and im sure will be again in a situation where that little bit is the difference between a wipe or not regardless of how rare this will occur

My relic only provides 45-50dps anyways. Might as well leave the slot empty!

Seriously though... this is for min/maxers. But it's BS that a hidden mechanic makes one item better than the other, however big or small the difference is, with no way to know based on patch notes or item description. Collecting 300 daily coms is no quickly completed nor enjoyable feat.

The difference for the Sage would be more than just 8-9 points, since a balance sage has more damage ticks per second because of his dots than a gunslinger. So the relic will proc more often for the sage given its 30% chance to do so per damage tick.

The average damage per tick for the gunslinger listed is 334.14. Much more than the 233.42 for the sage.

Edited by Vanarion

Which relic would you recommend for a sorc, the elemental or energy relic.

Elemental damage in not mitigated by armor.. so for us and most dps classes it is better than the energy EVEN in the presence of full armor debuffs. The only exception is trooper/BH who use the armor penetrating stance.

The difference for the Sage would be more than just 8-9 points, since a balance sage has more damage ticks per second because of his dots than a gunslinger. So the relic will proc more often for the sage given its 30% chance to do so per damage tick.

The average damage per tick for the gunslinger listed is 334.14. Much more than the 233.42 for the sage.

While I dont agree with your initial statement, the reasons you posted are incorrect. Assuming you're referring to the slinger and sage parses i posted in this thread.. the main reason the slinger has a higher average proc hit is the crit rate discussed in various posts in this thread. If i had posted a sage parse with the elemental version of the relic the average hit rate would have been more in line (assuming equivalent surge/crit ).

While dots specs will probably get more out of the proc relics then non dot specs the actual difference would be actually quite small imo. Someone has parsed lethality vs MM for snipers and the proc was better for the 'dot' spec but only by 4 dps. I would expect similar results with the balance/madness vs. tele/lightning specs as well.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-826-page-34.html - first post page 34

Edited by enoax

Elemental damage in not mitigated by armor.. so for us and most dps classes it is better than the energy EVEN in the presence of full armor debuffs. The only exception is trooper/BH who use the armor penetrating stance.

In which case you would recommend..........????

In which case you would recommend..........????

Based on this thread and a similar thread in the trooper forums you should have ONE (and only ONE) of:

Dread guard relic of elemental transcendance for consulars/inquisitors and warriors/knights

Dread guard relic of dark radiance (internal) for smugglers/operatives

Dread guard relic of kinetic tempest for troopers/BH using armor peircing cell (or equivalent)

Dread guard relic of cerulean nova (energy) for no one.

Edited by enoax

Oh man, just read through this read and hope I'm understanding it correctly.

For my dps guardian, I have the internal proc relic, and as I understand the conversation here, I should have the elemental instead. Am I reading this correctly, based on melee force/tech crit chances?

As several of you have mentioned, I would hate to think I gimped myself on a 300 daily comm charge. :-/

EDIT: I think Enoax just posted the confirmation I was looking for. So.... eff. Guess I am going to send a ticket.

Edited by Kelha

Oh man, just read through this read and hope I'm understanding it correctly.

For my dps guardian, I have the internal proc relic, and as I understand the conversation here, I should have the elemental instead. Am I reading this correctly, based on melee force/tech crit chances?

As several of you have mentioned, I would hate to think I gimped myself on a 300 daily comm charge. :-/

EDIT: I think Enoax just posted the confirmation I was looking for. So.... eff. Guess I am going to send a ticket.

As far as I know what i posted is correct, however I haven't seen any confirmation for guardians. I'd test it yourself tbh. If you're seeing low crit rates (20%ish) with internal one then it would be safe to swap to the elemental one. I'm unfamiliar with guardians though.. i'm assuming they have no extra armor piercing global skill like troopers/bhs.

Based on this thread and a similar thread in the trooper forums you should have ONE (and only ONE) of:

Dread guard relic of elemental transcendance for consulars/inquisitors and warriors/knights

Dread guard relic of dark radiance (internal) for smugglers/operatives

Dread guard relic of kinetic tempest for troopers/BH using armor peircing cell (or equivalent)

You have that exactly right. But to be a bit more clear.

Dread guard relic of dark radiance (internal) for smugglers/operatives. Troopers/BH not using ArP cell or equivalent)

Edited by deadandburied

You have that exactly right. But to be a bit more clear.

Dread guard relic of dark radiance (internal) for smugglers/operatives. Troopers/BH not using ArP cell or equivalent)

Fantastic topic, and great to have (what appears to be) multiple classes chiming in.....

I play an assault spec vanguard using the plasma cell. I have points used in my skill tree to boost elemental damage. According to the guidelines stated through this thread, I will gain no benefit from a dread guard proc relic then??? Seems a little counter-intuitive for me to spec boosts to elemental and then turn around and use a proc internal damage relic. Maybe I'm not understanding

Fantastic topic, and great to have (what appears to be) multiple classes chiming in.....

I play an assault spec vanguard using the plasma cell. I have points used in my skill tree to boost elemental damage. According to the guidelines stated through this thread, I will gain no benefit from a dread guard proc relic then??? Seems a little counter-intuitive for me to spec boosts to elemental and then turn around and use a proc internal damage relic. Maybe I'm not understanding

The only way to increase your average relic damage would be to use the internal one as it's crit rate would be significantly higher. FYI, I don't believe Burnout increases the Elemental Relic's damage btw. So it's not really counter-intuitive.

Edited by deadandburied

The only way to increase your average relic damage would be to use the internal one as it's crit rate would be significantly higher. FYI, I don't believe Burnout increases the Elemental Relic's damage btw. So it's not really counter-intuitive.

Well, Demolition and burnout say they increase the damage of elemental damage in the tool tips.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/trooper/vanguard/

Well, Demolition and burnout say they increase the damage of elemental damage in the tool tips.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/trooper/vanguard/

EDIT: I just read the tooltips... relic damage is not considered periodic damage. As for demolition, even if the 3% crit affected the elemental crit from the relic.. you'd double your crit swapping to the internal relic.

Edited by enoax

Yes, you would gain benefit from the Dark Radiance one.