Aren't there supposed to be actual items in the Renown Crates?

americanaussie

Opened my 4th crate tonight and there was an empty worthless shell (helmet) no mods, nothing. Armor 20. Nothing else. Yeah, so I guess these things can actually not give anything? Not cool because it's not like I'm earning these as fast as a kid earning candy at halloween.

Is this how it's supposed to work? You get nothing but an empty green helmet? Or is this an actual bug? I'm really not impressed with this . Really. Not impressed.. If this is the case then the 5.0 system that everyone hated was actually better because you got stuff.

At least give me some cool, orange CM armor if you're going to give empty garbage.

Screenshot in case I need to file a bug report.

Once you claim the item, random mods will be added to it. Unfortunately BioWare does not want you to see in advance the actual mods that will be applied to it.

In any case, it's always better to claim it even if you just disintegrate it afterwards for the scrap and tech fragments instead of disintegrating it in the renown UI for very little renown points.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Opened my 4th crate tonight and there was an empty worthless shell (helmet) no mods, nothing. Armor 20. Nothing else. Yeah, so I guess these things can actually not give anything? Not cool because it's not like I'm earning these as fast as a kid earning candy at halloween.

Is this how it's supposed to work? You get nothing but an empty green helmet? Or is this an actual bug? I'm really not impressed with this . Really. Not impressed.. If this is the case then the 5.0 system that everyone hated was actually better because you got stuff.

At least give me some cool, orange CM armor if you're going to give empty garbage.

Screenshot in case I need to file a bug report.

When you open the crate in the renown window it will show some items as empty shells but from my experience that updates once you move it to your inventory. So a green empty shell ends up gold because it's added mods based on my item level.

I hadn't thought about it much but it makes me wonder if you can leave those particular items in your renown stash and only move them to your inventory when your item rating is up.

So are you saying it's an empty shell even when you move it to your inventory?

Can you link the screenshot? From my experience, the items inside renown crate appear like green empty items. When you pull them out (claim) them they will fill with armoring/mod/enhancement based on your selected loot discipline. I did not try to pull them out without having any discipline selected (like when you abandon current discipline, but before you select a new one) as I would suspect it would probably make the game unable to determine what should be inside and I would end up with empty shell. Maybe that was what happened to you?

So are you saying it's an empty shell even when you move it to your inventory?

On PTS there was a bug where it did exactly that. I reported it on the PTS forum, and Eric acknowledged that it was a bug. He claimed later that it had been / would be fixed, and I didn't see it again, but like a bunch of other things (notably the case of *empty* Renown crates), the bug seems to have made it to Live.

This is the first time I've ever encountered this, the rest had mods in it already. Discipline is set. Haven't changed it.

I did collect it. I'll have to check later to see if it actually populated the mods. It did stay green though, it didn't turn into a gold item.

https://imgur.com/ApuQYCO

OK, that's how they look in the stash before you claim them, with the mods classed as "unidentified". And yes, the armour rating is messed up like that as well, because it doesn't know you to know what strength the armoring is.

It's one more thing that's wrong with 6.0 gearing. You get random junk but you don't know *what* random junk it's going to be until after you claim it. (At least the 5.X crates showed you what random junk they were going to give you before you decided whether to disintegrate or claim.)

This is the first time I've ever encountered this, the rest had mods in it already. Discipline is set. Haven't changed it.

I did collect it. I'll have to check later to see if it actually populated the mods. It did stay green though, it didn't turn into a gold item.

https://imgur.com/ApuQYCO

If the item rating of 270 on your equipped head slot is indicative of your overall iRating, then the resulting equipment would stay green. The color of equipment is now tied to it's rating level (at least with 268-306 gear). Level 270/2/4 gear is all green.

(At least the 5.X crates showed you what random junk they were going to give you before you decided whether to disintegrate or claim.)

True, but I would argue that with 6.0, the Tech Fragments you get from deconstructing the equipment are worth far more than the extra Renown you would get from disintegrating it. If one accepts this statement as true, then not being able to see the equipment stats is a bit moot.

Edited by Tohmas

True, but I would argue that with 6.0, the Tech Fragments you get from deconstructing the equipment are worth far more than the extra Renown you would get from disintegrating it. If one accepts this statement as true, then not being able to see the equipment stats is a bit moot.

Agreed, but it would be nice to make a more informed decision, even if in the end the decision is the same.

OK, that's how they look in the stash before you claim them, with the mods classed as "unidentified". And yes, the armour rating is messed up like that as well, because it doesn't know you to know what strength the armoring is.

It's one more thing that's wrong with 6.0 gearing. You get random junk but you don't know *what* random junk it's going to be until after you claim it. (At least the 5.X crates showed you what random junk they were going to give you before you decided whether to disintegrate or claim.)

Why would you disintegrate anything in renown stash it can all be claimed and turned into tech fragments to buy gear. This is why so many people in 6.0 think gearing is hard. I’m on my 5th 6 piece set I am working on with 5 306 ilvl toons.