Sugestion to improve Crafting System

FoxPT

The crafting system ingame its really annoying to manage, here some sugestions to a revamp the Crew Skill System. Give your opinions and add more to it to see if in a near upgrade we can have BW to improve this.

More Information regarding the items

- Like if the item to craft is still possible to reverse engeniring to get a new item or not. Since the organization of the list its not very good some times its hard to see if we already get the improved version of that item or not.

- Information about what we get in the improve item, should't be necessary to search for info about items stats in web..

- In the list of the items the level Grade of the item could appear below the name of the item and not be necessary to pass the mouse over it to see. How many times people are sending crafting pets during small breaks of ops or FP's.

Better organization of the items and not this extensive list of EVERTHING

- Items could be organized for groups for example (Dont show in the post but the second and third item is indeted below the first one)

xx Compact Medpac (Green Item)

xx Prototype Compact Medpac (Blue item)

xx Reusable Compact Medpac (Purple Item)

This is an exampla for Biochem but regarding other crafting skills this lack of organization its worst to see

Mission Crafting

- We should be able to buy missions in the crew skill trainers for the mission skills. The mission trainers are one time use give them things that need people to get to them. For example sometimes we only have one mission available in list of mission for some type of items give the oportunity to go buy a extra mission at the trainer mission crew skill. Dont need to be with extra things like the mission schematics that drops but simples ones one time use for a fair price.

So this is some of my ideas give yours.

Edited by FoxPT
speling

A few good ideas here. I think most crafters can agree that the crew skill window can definitely use some more ways to organize the big list of items. But some ways are already available that I don't think you are using. You can organize the list by item level, quality, and difficulty. Those choices may put items into relevant groups that you wanted.

I suggest that we get a list of all available schematics or atleast all normally available schematics (regular REing of schems and items bought from trainer). Every entry is blacked out and nothing can be read or discerned from it when you first start to craft. But as you craft and RE and learn schematics, that list is populated. If you want to know if you already know how to make a specific item, look at the list. If you don't have it, you know to reverse engineer.

But I don't think we should know what we can get if we RE an item. That info is already available online for those who want to know. The list is just a simple, in-game way to keep track of what you already learned.

Buying regular missions from the mission trainer is an idea, though I'm not sure it's an effective one. You can reset the missions you have by loading a new instance and you can load a new instance easy and quickly.

A problem with your idea is the potential for abusing purchasable missions. I would buy 20 of a mission, especially if I knew the yield of it. Which means I can almost constantly have a companion running it, for hours if a high grade and high yield mission. A solution would be to only display [Random] Grade x Biological Compound missions. No yield is displayed and no mission name either. The price for all missions of a particular grade is the same, or atleast the same price for missions of the same grade and same material type (biological compounds vs biological samples). And you can only buy one of each grade and material type. The mission itself can remain [Random] until you discover it, and once you do, you cannot sell it back or trade it because it'll be bound to you. And you cannot ever GTN these missions either.

To be clear, these purchasable missions are always just Moderate, Abundant, Bountiful, and Rich yield. No prosperous or wealthy missions. And of course if a particular yield is not available for a certain grade already, you cannot get that yield from a purchasable mission. For example, I've never seen a bountiful or rich yield grade 6 archaeology mission. And only moderate yield for cortosis substrates. The purchasable missions should be the same. And all other rules for missions should remain the same, like no more than one companion doing a particular mission.

• 3 weeks later...

ITS OFFICAL CRAFTING IN SWTOR IS INSANE.

In my initial post i post some sugestions how to organize better the crafting system in the game and make him more simple and organized. Now i post that this crafting system its completely insane.

Now that i have 2 chars level 50 i start to take a closer attencion to crafting so i can make some gear that i can use in alts (low level one) and take some advantage of the crafting system and not be depending on drops for mobs.

I pick my armormech and start to build the first set of gear to a vanguard so i pick up the first piece (green ones) "Fortified Assault Boots" and it takes like 6 pieces for the first crit ... it gives me a "Overkill Fortified Assault Boots" (blue one)

First problem i have to craft another of the green ones just to check if its possible to get a diferent set of stats, in this case he still say i have 20% of crit chance for another blue piece with stats we cant know so we are crafting things with blind eyes. So i take like more 5/6 pieces (if not more) to crit this new blue piece with diferent stats.

Ok then i get the crit and gives me "Critical Fortified Assault Boots". Ok it gives me critical stat instead of power but i am a Vanguard so i need shield or defense so i need to craft another piece (green) just to check if there is another diferent option, i just crafted just to check because there is no other way to know (and should not be needed to go to a database website to check this things). My suprise i have a third option of crit that first green piece. Then i start over, let see what the cat brings this time since one more time its gone be a complete suprise for what is coming.

After a load more mats i crit the third option (blue one) and it gives me a "Redoubt Fortified Assault Boots" and i am so glad after all i take the stat i need "defense".... oh great this is the boots i need. So i was wandering in start working on the blue Reboubt piece to get a improve version of this, but first i need to craft again the green one to check if for a chance there is a 4th option of critical .... there isnt ... tk good i was starting to get very poor and no play time with the char since i need the companion to play and he is busy crafting. So i get going i have the piece with the stats that i really need, lets make it better. After somo loads of more mats i crit a purple one "Anti-Armor Fortified Assault Boots" it add surge to the stats. since i send the companion make 5 in a row so i can get a fair number of pieces to crit a purple one what its my suprise the blue one after i crit the one i refer back there it still gives me an alternative to crit another piece ... oh joy of my life, i can start all over because i dont know if the next crit its better for me or not.

I start over and i get a new purple item this time a "Veracity Fortified Assault Boots" that gives me shield stat and that its a good stat for my vanguard. But guess what is still gives a crit chance for another purple piece ... i need to find what it his i cant be in the suspence so i start to try crit and i get "General's Fortified Assault Boots" wich gives me presence stat and since i am not much for pvp that piece dont mattter much to me ... bah a lot of mats and time wasted. But like in the crafting before i have a spair number of items so i get a new suprise this blue piece gives me a 4th option to crit something. i dontk know at this time what the cat gone bring this time i am still trying to crit it and i even dontk know when i criti it if there is going to be a 5th option.

The sad part of all this is meanwhile since i need to play to get the money for the missions to get crafting materials i play most of the time alone whitout companion because he is always in crafting or missions to get material and now i am level 13 ant all that bunch of pieces that i did its a level 9 i already get gear that even whitout the extra stats like the defense and shield i got in one of the purple ones i am already using a drop from esseles and probably gone get a new piece now in hammer station.

WHAT A INSANE AND PATETIC CRAFTING SYSTEM IS THIS????

So i change my suggestions from previous post to one and only suggestion ... REDESIGN THE CRAFTING SYSTEM ... this is the worst crafting system i ever see.

It lacks information about what you can craft and the options you have. i should be able to select form the first green piece the stat i want to improve and not making all of them to see if there is something there better for me.

Takes huge amount of time that we could use to play and level the char instead of beeing in the fleet waiting for companion ends the missions for mats or crafting the items. Yes because that is another stupid thing there is mats that you only can get from missions you cant find them during the playing time in the planets.

PS: At the time i was ending this text i crit the 4th option from the blue piece and gives me a purple one "Exactitude Fortified Assault Boots" with stats that i dont need for my vanguard and now i send the pet craft the blue one again because i dont know if there is a 5th option .

This crafting system is at the best boring not usable in practice of the playing time, whats the reason to have a crafting system and make thing that we dont gone use .... for fashion purposes its the only thing i make sense of this ridiculous system.