Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Juggernaut: My very first warzone!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sith Juggernaut: My very first warzone!

TrixxieTriss
12.12.2018 , 09:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GuyverIII View Post
After reading all of the feedback I tweaked a few things and I definitely noticed an improvement! Here is how I fared in my first Voidstar game on my juggernaut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOjOYf7Mb44

The changes I made since my last WZ are as follows:
- tweaked UI as suggested so i can better manage my CDs
- used Impale as much as possible in my rotation (it made a big difference)
- kept guard up on teammates as much as possible
- focused more heavily on objectives of the map

I still have a few other changes to make with camera angles and UI adjustment, so keep the feedback coming, and I look forward to posting alot more!

Regards,

Morendai
Hereís some critique. I assume thatís what you are after . You are still to focused on death matching and not playing the objectives. In Void Star, the doors are the objectives.

1. Youíre still scrolled in too much. Scroll out more and it will be easier to see the door when defending.
2. Instead of putting guard on a team mate (as a dps Jugg), use your taunts to mitigate damage instead so you donít lose damage as fast or put pressure on your healer to keep you alive.
3. After the doors pop, donít fight in the tunnel when defending. Get through fast to stop them capping the bridge and getting over to get the next doors. THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT because that guy in the tunnel was purposely trying to hold you up.
4. Same thing, donít fight on the bridge ďeverĒ because itís impossible to stop cappers at the door at that range. Itís also why you got capped on.
5. Use your force push to push the enemy off the bridge. That way they have to respawn and it gives you time to get to the door (you can do this attacking or defending).
6. When the screen in the last room goes down, get to the bottom area and watch those doors.
7. Defensive cool downs (DCD)? I donít remember seeing you use them once. I might have missed it though.
8. Pro tip when attacking. Donít kill the guys in the tunnels, just slow them right down so your guys can cap the bridge or the last screen. This also has another added benefit, they canít respawn at the other doors before your guys get there.
9. Donít waste time trying to spam cap when an opative is stopping you. Itís pointless 80% of the time if the operative is any good. Itís better to get across the other bridge to help.
10. Try focusing more on the healers or seperate them. Juggs are great at pressuring them.
11. With your task bars, try stacking them on top of each other. I use 4 up, but you can fit everything on 3 task bars.
12. When attacking, try and draw them away from the doors, even if you need to run. Then your stealths can ninja cap or another team mate can sneak in. If you canít get them a long way from the doors, just get them to fight looking away from the doors. (Keep in mind to do the reverse when defending. Try and get in a position so you can always see the doors).

GuyverIII
12.13.2018 , 08:09 PM | #12
Technically not a Warzone, but this arena match went by quick! I mainly put pressure on the enemy healer and tried to work on bettering my damage and DCDs. Here is the latest vid of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gRqXUxOy7s

Regards,

Morendai

_Miriya_
12.13.2018 , 09:01 PM | #13
Congrs!!! Im glad we have fresh blood that enjoys Huttballs. Good luck and have fun

GuyverIII
12.13.2018 , 11:56 PM | #14
I sure do! Huttball is definitely my favorite so far in terms of warzones!

GuyverIII
12.14.2018 , 12:23 AM | #15
I sure do! Huttball is definitely my favorite so far in terms of warzones!

GuyverIII
12.15.2018 , 06:57 PM | #16
Greetings to all,

With my growing interest in Warzones and Pvp combat, I will be posting more frequently. My hopes in doing so is to play the different classes and specs that SWTOR has to offer in order to find what playstyle most fits me, and what I personally get the most enjoyment out of. I plan on exploring all of the different specs and talents of each class in order to accomplish this task and would greatly enjoy if all of you joined me on my journey.

I am currently working on my Sith Juggernaut (Vengeance spec) as well as progressing through the storyline. As I have already leveled as Vengeance, once I complete the first chapter I will be playing Rage spec next, and finishing off with Immortal spec last. Keep in mind all of this is just a guideline and anything may change. I may pick up a new class relatively soon as well just to have some perspective on what playstyle I enjoy sooner.

If anyone has recommendations on what class they would like to see content for, please feel free to chime in with your thoughts. I will be posting a new video tonight and hopefully finishing off chapter 1 of the sith warrior storyline, so keep an eye out. Thanks to all for reading this update, and may the force be with you!

Regards,

Morendai

Seterade
12.15.2018 , 07:37 PM | #17
I am so happy for you that you have finallly found pvp and found it enjoyable.

I remember back in 3.0 when I learned pvp by leveling. its quite a journey. keep it up, exp is a better teacher than any player

GuyverIII
12.16.2018 , 11:09 PM | #18
Hey everyone Morendai here!

I just finished editing this today and was very excited to post it!! I'm proud to present Tatooine arena plus Odessen Proving grounds back to back, along with my very first commentary!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWT3...bz0tDS&index=4

I will be uploading warzone videos much more frequently and testing out every class in the game. I want to finish off the Sith warrior storyline and get my juggernaut level capped, but before that I'd love to hear your suggestions on which classes you enjoy most for pvp. That will give me food for thought as to what class to maybe pick up next. I also was able to finish the entire first chapter of the Sith warrior storyline so feel free to check that out as well on my channel. That's it for now and thank you for the likes and subs!

Regards,

Morendai

DavidAtkinson
12.16.2018 , 11:15 PM | #19
You need to zoom out that camera...A lot of us are around 100% or close to it. Will give you a better view of the field.

GuyverIII
12.16.2018 , 11:25 PM | #20
I'm definitely working on the camera distance. My original camera distance was at 14%, and that's mainly because of where I was used to it being from playing through and recording the story. I've zoomed out to 28% in the most recent video and I'm doing it gradually so that I can find my "sweet spot". I have zoomed out to 100% distance and it isn't really to my liking, so I'm trying to find what works for me and make changes according to that. Thank you for checking out the vid, and I appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Morendai