CXP and Daily Areas throughout September

KeithKanneg

• Dev Post

Hey all,

Recently, we have had more maintenances than normal. This was compounded by our update issues last Thursday which led to over 10 hours of maintenance. Thursday’s issue along with the extra downtime have impacted all of our playtime, and they especially are bothersome when you consider how much XP and CXP you lost from the Double XP/CXP event was running along with the over the top CXP for Daily Areas. So, to make sure your characters can take advantage from both, here’s what we going to do:

• Since the Double XP/CXP event ended on Tuesday, we’ve decided to bring it back earlier than planned. That is, we had scheduled to make it available in December around the holidays, but it’ll return with the launch of Game Update 5.5. That will give you another full week to benefit from the event.
  • The Daily Area bug is also going to stick around for a few weeks. As Eric mentioned in another post, our plan was to fix it next week in another patch, but we’ve decided to hold off any changes until Game Update 5.5. I’m personally leveraging this as a means of playing my other toons and raising their Command Rank to 300. Honestly, it’s been a lot of fun seeing so many other players taking advantage, too.
    • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Again, I want to thank you all for your patience the past couple of weeks.

Keith---

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

I still think you guys should leave them where they are right now. It's bringing people back to the content the same way credits and the alliance system brought people back to the Heroic 2. The level scaling system made it so that we don't steam roll the content.

If you're going to do anything, look at scaling the Section X Heroic 4 down to Heroic 2 so people can solo it with a companion properly instead of slogging through Heroic 4 mobs and then ignoring the bonus boss.

Hi Keith,

I finally got one of my 18 alts to 300 and I can compare the fun with the holocron grind in SWG. A waste of time and a totally unfun and way too repetitive process.

The late bugs and bonuses made the process a bit less tedious.

That being said it was great to see people on those areas and also grouping with random people. For once the game felt an MMO.

Before leaving, thanks for the plaster, though we still have a hemorrhage to treat.

Edited by Deewe

Please, please, *please* don't add an RNG element to it like the current highlighted activity. Being able to plan things for guilds is important, and the RNG makes it impossible to get groups going for activities and monopolize or even run proper events.

Be it a weekend ops marathon (but what if the day after ops are the highlight?) or organizing an RP event or other stuff people would normally be down for but cancel so they can grind warzones or something else that's highlighted. The random nature really screws with guilds/communities.

I still think you guys should leave them where they are right now. It's bringing people back to the content the same way credits and the alliance system brought people back to the Heroic 2. The level scaling system made it so that we don't steam roll the content.

If you're going to do anything, look at scaling the Section X Heroic 4 down to Heroic 2 so people can solo it with a companion properly instead of slogging through Heroic 4 mobs and then ignoring the bonus boss.

I'll tack on a rider to this, ALL the heroic 4s....

It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Keith---

I'm very pleased to hear this Keith...thank you!!! I hate that it'll end ever, but I appreciate that you're extending the "bug" a little while longer - it has been the best thing to happen to the game since 5.0 dropped...and that's saying a lot from me because I really appreciate the Ops bosses and the new FP...but this is bringing players back, something the other two things didn't.

I'm far from a power player and I can solo those heroics with either my merc dps or my soc healer and a companion. The fights are tough but at least enjoyable.

Hey all,

Recently, we have had more maintenances than normal. This was compounded by our update issues last Thursday which led to over 10 hours of maintenance. Thursday’s issue along with the extra downtime have impacted all of our playtime, and they especially are bothersome when you consider how much XP and CXP you lost from the Double XP/CXP event was running along with the over the top CXP for Daily Areas. So, to make sure your characters can take advantage from both, here’s what we going to do:

• Since the Double XP/CXP event ended on Tuesday, we’ve decided to bring it back earlier than planned. That is, we had scheduled to make it available in December around the holidays, but it’ll return with the launch of Game Update 5.5. That will give you another full week to benefit from the event.
  • The Daily Area bug is also going to stick around for a few weeks. As Eric mentioned in another post, our plan was to fix it next week in another patch, but we’ve decided to hold off any changes until Game Update 5.5. I’m personally leveraging this as a means of playing my other toons and raising their Command Rank to 300. Honestly, it’s been a lot of fun seeing so many other players taking advantage, too.

Keith---

Thank you! GREAT move from your part and hope to enjoy SWTOR now :D

It can be soloed with a companion. I have done it on my sage and scoundrel.

Unfortunately, I no longer believe you, Keith. The past few months, you were adamant on not removing the grind although players begged you to remove it, and now you suddenly changed your opinion? Sorry, I'm not buying it, I think you're not telling us the full truth.

I ran the dailies a few times last week and it was a horrible experience. When there were other players in the area, I invited them to group so we wouldn't have to fight over quest objectives, but they all declined and would rather wait for the respawns. It showed me how much harm 4.0+ has done to the community, where players can solo everything and no longer need to group up, and it made me so sad I'd just log off.

You write that high CXP is motivational, but why exactly should I level my alts to rank 300? Even with the increased CXP, it is still RNG. The optimal path to get gear continues to be VM ops for 242 gear and then PvP to 248, or just straight up crafting 246 gear.

The 5.0 goal of "play whatever you want and get rewarded" is once again ignored. I like dailies, in the right dosage. Running all dailies for multiple days on multiple alts is not fun. Meanwhile, other activities don't give nearly as much CXP, so there's no point doing anything other than dailies for CXP.

Once again, my raid group is keeping me subscribed to the game, but if it weren't for them, I don't think I'd continue sticking with SWTOR. It's not fun anymore.

Edited by Jerba

Hey all,

Keith---

Thanks hey what about the respawn times to 15secs of daily items :) going back and seeing some of the respawn timers are killing me lol.

Overall CXP rate should also be increased alongside allowing us to purchase Tiers III, IV, Dark and Light gear with Command Tokens. (There are way too many currency types in game.)

Remove the hourly Dark vs Light update fanfare. The server selection page should indicate which servers are Light or Dark with a CXP Buff awarded to players whose share that server's side of The Force side.

Below is CXP Command Rank CXP Tier Table provided to Dulfy upon 5.0's release last December. Note upon reaching Tier II the player needs > 4000cxp just to reach next rank. Then at Tier IV the players needs ~5000cxp for new random gear pack.

CXP Command Rank Tier Table: http://i.imgur.com/WzdoZ9c.jpg

Even with Summer Event's two event rates (Double what is is now, almost Quadruple the initially released rate) there will still be some grind unless 100% boost tokens are used.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Thanks Keith this is awesome news.

I have had a lot of fun doing stuff I haven't done for years and perhaps shame on me some of those planets I have never done. (Still haven't done Zoist!) Unlike what some other people have said here I had no trouble grouping with others and it is great that the bottom part of CZ is instanced.

Positives:

Much less grindy

Doing content that I haven't touched for years

Doing some new content (for me)

Seeing other players

Grouping with other players

FINALLY the game is a bit more alt friendly :D

Negatives:

It will end :(

I have to say Tier 2 has definitely been underwhelming so far. Same crap, different tier.

Anything I've got has been a marginal upgrade at best. Out of maybe 20 crates, I'll be on tier three before I get anything worthwhile at this rate.

The bug mitigates this slightly as at least it's a shorter wait between eye rolls.

I ran the dailies a few times last week and it was a horrible experience.

Yep every day past week you get some muppet not willing to wait their turn and just ninja the quest objective. Even had some guy shout at me insisting im using exploits when im just standing there waiting for an item to respawn so i can complete a daily - And thats after I waited until midnight to do the damn things hoping everyone had gone to bed!

I despise dailies that have open world objectives. Make the objective instanced or permanently spawned. Otherwise all they do is generate toxic environments for everyone.

Adding another "event" I do not see as compensation for my downtime my main alts are all 300 so it means nothing to me - Adding a week to my subscription time I do see as compensation!

Thank you so much, Keith! This cxp increase has been the most rewarding experience (aside from running around with my guild) I've had since the game launched. I can set and achieve clear goals this way unlike the slow grind that preceded it. It actually fuels my desire to play the game because, you know REWARDS lol.

Idea: You want people to do old content. Have a group finder for flashpoints/ ops/ WZ's where the rewards are the crazy high level that they are for the dailies right now. Think of it as like.. mercenary moshpit from Call of Duty games. You queue up and it puts you in a queue for something entirely random but gives insane rewards.

I think it has already been stated but it bears repeating, just leave this be, it's a good bug that doesn't need fixed.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Unfortunately, I no longer believe you, Keith...

Yea, I’m coming around to this way of thinking…

...Even with the increased CXP, it is still RNG...

The RNG isn’t “exciting”

Getting an extra 10, 50 or even 160 crates* is still crappy RNG junk. The RNG percentage at 300 is so #$%@ low and pathetic, it – well, it’s beyond insanity at this point.

*yea, I had 2 tabs full of T4 crates saved up for when the cxp bug and double cxp event was going to end so I could enjoy opening them when the crap cxp was back. Sheesh!

Hey all,

Keith---

ty ..you guys rock ..i can rock a couple of my story character through now ..ty again my friends