blue to purple

Bobinstein

You have to craft and RE the blue.

In the case of tiering items, you could craft and RE the green to learn a DIFFERENT blue. (up to 3 different blues total) Each of which you could then craft and RE to learn 5 different possible purples based on that blue*.

(Note: One of the purples doesn't actually appear to exist. redoubt blues can only be RE'd into 4 possible purples)

If you don't understand, then read the sticky on RE.

Please note not to waste money ;)

You need 50+ craft skill than the item you want to research.

You need high affection.

For success on the up to first three tries on RE you need exceptional (etc) crafted blue.

None exceptional Blues sell them. Is better way to raise funds to send the guys to missions and try for more exceptional/crit blue crafted.

Following that rule of thumb, I even make a profit, while at 31 I am getting level 33 purple armour schematics.

You need high affection.

For success on the up to first three tries on RE you need exceptional (etc) crafted blue.

None exceptional Blues sell them. Is better way to raise funds to send the guys to missions and try for more exceptional/crit blue crafted.

Following that rule of thumb, I even make a profit, while at 31 I am getting level 33 purple armour schematics.

This entire post is covered in wrong-sauce.

You can RE anything that you can create - how else would anyone hope to RE level 49-50 gear with rank 400 in their crewskill (items often require at least 380 skill to create)? There is no requirement to be 50 pts higher than the item - it *may* help in RE'ing lower level items, but by the time this strategy is useful, you've out-levelled the item.

High affection only effects how quickly your crewmen complete tasks - it has nothing to do with reverse engineering.

The presence of a CRIT (exceptional/superior/etc) on a crafted item does NOT effect how it reverse engineers.

- it *may* help in RE'ing lower level items, but by the time this strategy is useful, you've out-levelled the item.

Actually I think the opposite is true. I find it harder to re items that I have greatly outleveled, yet when I craft for points I always re to get the mats back and usually learn a blue within 1-8 tries.

At level 400 artifice it took me over 30 tries, multiple times, to learn blue recipes for a level 10 offhand. I figured it would be easy, but after a couple of hours I abandoned my idea of learning every blue for every level 10 offhand.

At level 400 artifice it took me over 30 tries, multiple times, to learn blue recipes for a level 10 offhand. I figured it would be easy, but after a couple of hours I abandoned my idea of learning every blue for every level 10 offhand.

I happen to think it's just really random, and really streaky.

With lower level items, (and linear items) tending towards being easier. (not lower level relative to your level, but just lower level in general)

RE is so up to luck.

Usually, I make 25 greens, and then RE all to get blue schematics.

If you are lucky, you will get all 3 blue in 10 REs.

If not, you probably get 1 from all 25 greens.

If I were you, I will wait for 1.2 to release.

They say that they increase the rate in 1.2.

System Dev points out that currently RE rate is *NOT* what they original design.

System Dev points out that currently RE rate is *NOT* what they original design.

Minor clarification: They said RE isn't working as intended. Which doesn't neccessarily mean it's not what they originally designed. The "intent" could have been that a low research rate would be result in a system that the player base thought was fun/challenging. Must of us seem to consider it frustrating. So it could be working exactly as designed, just that the intended effect of the design failed to be realized.

You need high affection.

Haha, wow.