Ranked WZs/Kick-ball

Expostar

I would argue that 1v1 potential is important, especially since it promotes player knowledge towards other classes. Especially since in many wz's players end up in the position where they need to guard or attempt to assist a person who was guarding and is attacked. So if you run in and get killed in 4 seconds, it doesn't matter how good of a support player you are, you just did a large disservice to your team

1v1s are important in wzs but only in certain situations aka node guarding/capping node and in a team fight if you can take out someone important in a team fight quickly it can turn the tide in your favor, but ultimately IN MY OPINION it is better to have a team that has played with each other for months than a team of 1v1 all stars. That being said people that are amazing duelists can win a game and pull a lot of stress relief from the team to get a win.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a problem jinx , i'll put the pug rankeds on hold for now unless someone else wants to get them going and when you guys get tired of sitting on your thumbs waiting for ranked pops let me know we'll fire the pug rankeds back up , wouldn't want the health or moral of your guild to worry you lol.

Does this mean ld-50 is queing?

You don't have to be good at dueling to know other classes well or be able to stall. A bad dueler can sap twice while help arrives. If played correctly, you'd be surprised at how few 1v1s actually occur. The goal of any good team should be 0.

Also, is there a point in bragging about being good at duels, when a large portion of it is class/spec? Some classes are suppose to do well in duels by design. Same in any mmo. When someone does well in duels with an unorthodox dueling class then I'm impressed.

On the flip side I've seen some great duelers do terribly in team play mainly because they sought out the 1v1s instead of the priority at the time.

This is in no way judging vasyel's skill level, but rather speaking generally on the topic.

You don't have to be good at dueling to know other classes well or be able to stall. A bad dueler can sap twice while help arrives. If played correctly, you'd be surprised at how few 1v1s actually occur. The goal of any good team should be 0.

Also, is there a point in bragging about being good at duels, when a large portion of it is class/spec? Some classes are suppose to do well in duels by design. Same in any mmo. When someone does well in duels with an unorthodox dueling class then I'm impressed.

On the flip side I've seen some great duelers do terribly in team play mainly because they sought out the 1v1s instead of the priority at the time.

This is in no way judging vasyel's skill level, but rather speaking generally on the topic.

1v1 is great too but Vasyel is very objective based and he knows it. Also a scrapper like him can pull 800k in a warzone is impressive then dot dot spec no offense Nebu. You are good at your class too. But besides Vasyel being my boo he is a great scoundrel.. I have yet to meet anyone who can be on his level besides Jackzz. 1v1 has purpose too in a ranked but it also depends on the map:)

#alwaysright

1v1 is great too but Vasyel is very objective based and he knows it. Also a scrapper like him can pull 800k in a warzone is impressive then dot dot spec no offense Nebu. You are good at your class too. But besides Vasyel being my boo he is a great scoundrel.. I have yet to meet anyone who can be on his level besides Jackzz. 1v1 has purpose too in a ranked but it also depends on the map:)

#alwayswrong

It was only a matter a time until you came to Vasyel's defense when I specifically said what I said did not apply to him. You are entitled to your opinion, but lay off the Don King trip you're on. It is very annoying.

Guess I'l chime in with the 1v1 stuff.

So far Neb and Toth have been closest to my opinion.

As far as I'm concerned I Couldn't care less how good people are at 1v1 as it is better to be more effective in team play.

However, for example lets say I'm guarding a node solo and Vaysel opens up on me, I'm not even going to attempt to win a 1v1, so far as I'm concerned all i need to do is survive as long as possible, if that means abusing LoS and CC's, knockbacks, roots , slows etc then so be it, so long as I give my team enough time to be able to send backup. As far as I'm concerned that's what I do, which sometimes annoys people who then might /say and call me a little kitty shall we say lol.

And that it why i feel 1v1s aren't very relevant, why roll the dice in a 1v1. Who cares about killing the other guy if you can kite/cc/root etc him until the end of time/ when help arrives.

Xil