cross server LFG system

i don't know if anyone else feels this game needs this bad. I mean even Rift has this feature. it eliminates the old days when we need to spam for groups or maybe get in a guild that are not all trolls to get geared. This game seems to not care about the Flashpoint and Operation systems being that most people play it for pvp and play other games for raiding. i was just wondering if anyone knows if they plan on implementing this into the game. please leave your thoughts and feelings on this thread....trolls welcome :)

MANY people feel as you do, and many people disagree with you; There are dozens of similar posts floating around here already :)

I've already posted on a previous one, so I'm going to be useless here and not give my opinion. :)

Apart from saying one thing: I was struck by your comment about how most people seem to use the game for PvP... I always thought it was the other way around! From my experience I've seen loads of people on the forums who raid/run Ops/don't PvP on SW:TOR.

Interesting to hear from someone who has a completely opposite view to me on this; I guess it just shows how varied different people's experiences can be! :)

(I for one actually do raid on a different game... but mostly because all my friends and fellow 'other-game-raiders' don't play SW:TOR anymore /cry)

MANY people feel as you do, and many people disagree with you; There are dozens of similar posts floating around here already :)

I've already posted on a previous one, so I'm going to be useless here and not give my opinion. :)

Apart from saying one thing: I was struck by your comment about how most people seem to use the game for PvP... I always thought it was the other way around! From my experience I've seen loads of people on the forums who raid/run Ops/don't PvP on SW:TOR.

Interesting to hear from someone who has a completely opposite view to me on this; I guess it just shows how varied different people's experiences can be! :)

(I for one actually do raid on a different game... but mostly because all my friends and fellow 'other-game-raiders' don't play SW:TOR anymore /cry)

I've noticed that swinging the other direction, now. Dunno if HC raiders are gone or not, but my PvP guild (and the two other biggest pvp guilds on my server) have recently started branching out into raids post 1.2, due to lack of X-server queuing and ranked WZs. We're all simply sick of WZing the same 22 reps in the 50 bracket who pvp. Liking raids so far, though.

I've noticed that swinging the other direction, now. Dunno if HC raiders are gone or not, but my PvP guild (and the two other biggest pvp guilds on my server) have recently started branching out into raids post 1.2, due to lack of X-server queuing and ranked WZs. We're all simply sick of WZing the same 22 reps in the 50 bracket who pvp. Liking raids so far, though.

That sounds like a smaller population server. Fatman feels more PVP oriented. I see far more people wearing PVP armor than PVE. Granted some of them like the design more (me), but I'm willing to bet most just PVP. The lack of a dungeon finder really is a step backwards when it comes to completing PVE content. My brother and I had to reroll a tank + healer combo to get the PVE content completed because it's always a PITA to find one or another. I'm hoping for a dungeon finder before we hit 50 so that it becomes easier to gear via flashpoints. I really don't want to spend a couple weeks getting wrecked in warzones to build out a battlemaster healer set.

I will unsubscribe the moment this game happens. Ironic? Yes.

I have seen how cross server grouping has killed social interactions among the server community in other games. I will therefore help kill it all the faster by unsubscribing if it goes this route.

Legacy should do a bit more to inspire players to create alts. Perhaps make some legacy options permissible only with 2, 3, or 4 characters, not just legacy level.

This way there will always be people looking for groups.

Other than that; try to find groups at your server's peak time. You should have success.

Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of LFG and Dungeon Finders, we will be closing this current thread.

This topic was also recently covered in our weekly Community Q&A Blog for February 24th.

deusBAAL: Will you be providing a LFG tool? What will be its features? How will it be intended to work and when can we expect it to go live?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Writer): We are hard at work on a much more robust LFG functionality that will quickly help put groups together while still offering the flexibility to decide how you group and what sort of people you want to be grouped with. We’ll release more details as we get closer to release.

We thought you might be interested in James Ohlen's Feedback request regarding a Group Finder. We encourage you to visit and leave your feedback!

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

Have a great day!