Make ALL ships suffer -100% accuracy penalty when near capital ships

Nemarus

Additionally missile-lock ons shouldn't work. Call it "targeting interference" or something from the capital ship's massive engines and shields.

This is the ideal solution.

With this, capital ships are still safe to spawn at and cannot be effectively camped.

They are still a safe point to retreat to so that you can recharge your shields.

They are not a refuge from which Gunships can deal damage while being untouchable--because their accuracy is 0%.

Waaaaaaaaaa! I want my safe space!

If you flew on my server you would know I am the last person who needs a "safe space". But my targets do. Right now once I target someone in my Blackbolt, they have no way to escape unless their allies have fortified an area with mines/drones, which eventually did happen ... but at that point their team were just trying to lose more slowly.

I like this idea.

Though the whole "gunship ball at spawn" tactic is overhyped to begin with, being more annoying than game-breaking. A team good enough to shut down any hit and run attacks from killing people in the ball is probably good enough to win outright. I've always been able to break it when the pubs have tried it on Shadowlands. And they use it a LOT.

I'm not the only one making this suggestion, but turn the cap ships into an exhaustion zone and keep the guns functioning as they always have.

You shouldn't HAVE a safe haven. It's called DEATHMATCH not POKE-AND-RUN-MATCH.

I actually don't see how that's a less complicated (and thus more elegant) solution than what Nemarus has suggested.

Though I'd increase the accuracy debuff to 1000%. There's ways to buff accuracy above 100%, and doubtless there will be more of them in the future. No reason to leave any potential holes. A "you guaranteed hit" button, if ever implemented, could provide +500% accuracy, which lets it do its job without interfering with the capital ship debuff.

Edited by Armonddd

I actually don't see how that's a less complicated (and thus more elegant) solution than what Nemarus has suggested.

Though I'd increase the accuracy debuff to 1000%. There's ways to buff accuracy above 100%, and doubtless there will be more of them in the future. No reason to leave any potential holes. A "you guaranteed hit" button, if ever implemented, could provide +500% accuracy, which lets it do its job without interfering with the capital ship debuff.

The difference is that an exhaustion zone will KILL you for going back and hiding out there. Even if you get a 1000% Accuracy penalty, the team can still run back to their cap ships for cover and avoid stalemate or force a win if they're ahead and they just stack on top of a cap ship.

The difference is that an exhaustion zone will KILL you for going back and hiding out there. Even if you get a 1000% Accuracy penalty, the team can still run back to their cap ships for cover and avoid stalemate or force a win if they're ahead and they just stack on top of a cap ship.

Both of them make stalemating nonviable, though, because non-contribution kicks are a thing.

(At least, I think they are. I've actually never run into this system, because I fly a scout.)

Seriously, if you're getting your back end handed to you, take it gracefully and learn from the experience. Get better, learn more. You learn nothing except how to hold down your space bar running to your cap ships.

No they dont they just quit they dont come back. Why would anyone play anything that they feel there going to get routed, stomped on or camped.

Both of them make stalemating nonviable, though, because non-contribution kicks are a thing.

(At least, I think they are. I've actually never run into this system, because I fly a scout.)

Killing accuracy doesn't force a stalemate. Here's the situation:

TDM score is 28 to 26. Team with 28 can force the win by stacking on their cap ship and falling asleep until the timer runs out

Killing accuracy doesn't force a stalemate. Here's the situation:

TDM score is 28 to 26. Team with 28 can force the win by stacking on their cap ship and falling asleep until the timer runs out

Wouldn't team with 28 get kicked for noncontribution?

Wouldn't team with 28 get kicked for noncontribution?

They'd have to vote themselves out, which is obviously not what they want if they're gonna hang over their ship until the battle timer runs out. I've seen teams try to do this at the 1 minute mark if they're winning and they're afraid of a come back. Being marked for non-contributing does not automatically kick you, though it may decrease winnings slightly. The teams doing this obviously don't mind losing a little requisition to gain the win, which is higher requisition anyway