Kira's voice is borked now

Jett-Rinn

Companion audio in general seems borked.

Just talked to Doc on my ship and he is on the radio as well

Just had a convo with vette and i can barley hear her tell me she wants a chat

We need a character copy tool for PTS, getting really tired of all these patch day issues...

Do your companions have helmets/masks on? My Lokin speaks normally (his helmet doesn't cover his face) but Vector now talks like NPCs who have full masks, since that's what he's wearing. Kaliyo also have a full helmet on and talks like she has it on instead of before when they didn't.

So it appears they fixed it to where the companions are speaking properly according to their head gear.

Edited by KurganNazzir

Do your companions have helmets/masks on? My Lokin speaks normally (his helmet doesn't cover his face) but Vector now talks like NPCs who have full masks, since that's what he's wearing. Kaliyo also have a full helmet on and talks like she has it on instead of before when they didn't.

So it appears they fixed it to wear the companions are speaking properly according to their head gear.

Will have a look, good point as it may be where the bug is coming from.

In Docs case i have him wearing the large brimmed hat, not a full mask though.

Vette, no helmet as im low level there and when i actually spoke to her in the cantina she spoke normally, i just couldnt hear her when i clciked her and she was telling me she wanted to chat.

Either way something seems up

Will have a look, good point as it may be where the bug is coming from.

In Docs case i have him wearing the large brimmed hat, not a full mask though.

Vette, no helmet as im low level there and when i actually spoke to her in the cantina she spoke normally, i just couldnt hear her when i clciked her and she was telling me she wanted to chat.

Either way something seems up

Tested again using Kira who is wearing a headband

And yes she's radioing in her conversations....

sigh

Ah, must just be certain companions or certain head pieces that aren't using correct audio (I don't have a Knight to check).

I have Lokin in an open-faced helmet that has an eye piece and antenna (Lokin's Duratech Head Augmentation) and he speaks normally to me when I click on him. I won't have any dialogues with him since affection is maxed so not sure how he sounds in cutscenes now. I just checked my Vette and her volume/voice is the same as it always was when clicking on her (she wears the same head augmentation as my Lokin). The only companion I have with a headband is Jaesa, and she's speaking normally to me.

Do a bug report in-game, if you haven't already, so they can look into it.

So it appears they fixed it to where the companions are speaking properly according to their head gear.

Nope kira isn't wearing a helmet or Respirator .

Edit: She is however wearing a hat; take the hat off the voice is fine...so much fail. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Nope kira isn't wearing a helmet or Respirator .

Edit: She is however wearing a hat; take the hat off the voice is fine...so much fail. :rolleyes:

I would bug that giving the name of the hat since that just, you know, doesn't sound like it should affect voice. At least we now know it's not the companion bugged but rather some of the head pieces.

Elara Dorne and Aric Jorgan now speak as if they're talking through the helmet vocalizer, because they're wearing helmets.

I think it is totally awesome. This little bitty impressed me when I realized it.

GJ, BW!!!

No offence but IMO it wasnt needed and its honestly frustrating the hell out of me.

Firstly it doesnt work as intended

Secondly if they were planning on doing this we should also have had the ability to not show companion head items as we do on our character. That way those of us who find this utterly annoying (thats me lol) dont have to put up with it

we should also have had the ability to not show companion head items as we do on our character.

I have been wanting this option for so long. I know they're adding it, just don't know when. I actually keep Temple somewhat gimped because I don't want to upgrade to a piece that covers her head.

I like the altered voices but sometimes I don't want to hear it, so on my Warrior I switch between hiding his head slot and not hiding it depending on my mood (he wears a respirator). Can't wait until we can do this with companions.

I would bug that giving the name of the hat since that just, you know, doesn't sound like it should affect voice. At least we now know it's not the companion bugged but rather some of the head pieces.

Yeah I bugged it and mentioned it to Daniel Erickson on Google + I hope it gets addressed soon.

Hey I have complaints too.....I just don't spend 10-16 hours a day doomcrying and advertising for Arenanet. :/

Someone always thinks thier complaint is valid though or they'd not do it (and most likely someone also always thinks any complaint is no big deal and not worth complaining about).

It all depends on your point of view. :csw_yoda:

Edited by Goretzu

Hey I have complaints too.....I just don't spend 10-16 hours a day doomcrying and advertising for Arenanet. :/

You're doing it wrong.

You are supposed to hate everything and point to how this particular problem is indicative of why the game will fail.

Oh, and talk about unsubbing or how your guild is gone or something.

Someone always thinks thier complaint is valid though or they'd not do it (and most likely someone also always thinks any complaint is no big deal and not worth complaining about).

It all depends on your point of view. :csw_yoda:

That outhouse wisdom and five bucks will by you a small flavored coffee at Starbucks; welcome to the human race enjoy your stay.

You're doing it wrong.

You are supposed to hate everything and point to how this particular problem is indicative of why the game will fail.

Oh, and talk about unsubbing or how your guild is gone or something.

Yeah...I know I have to work on my irrational hate more. :p

No offence but IMO it wasnt needed and its honestly frustrating the hell out of me.

Firstly it doesnt work as intended

Secondly if they were planning on doing this we should also have had the ability to not show companion head items as we do on our character. That way those of us who find this utterly annoying (thats me lol) dont have to put up with it

I'd love to see a hide companion helm option added to the game, as teh helmets are ghastly and is nice to hide them sort of things if dont like them.

And id rather have no helm on a companion if its ghastly and they can jsut do without, but we should not be forced to not equip our companions just so as we can see them. HIDE HELM FOR COMPANIONS PLEASE BIOWARE.