Force Sensitive: Black Ops / special "forces" class ??

OlBuzzard

There's obviously been a lot of thought put into this, but Bioware's already explored most of these ideas. The Agent story has:

* A Force sensitive operative in Imperial Intelligence who does not use a lightsaber and only has a few Force tricks (Raina Temple)

* Another Force sensitive operative in the SIS who is an ex-Jedi (Ardun Kothe)

* An Intelligence agent doing ops in the military (the Agent on Corellia and in the mission vs. the Star Cabal)

And:

* There's already a black ops team of Jedi (the Sixth Line, who were tools of the SIS and fully trained Jedi)

* Every character, Force sensitive classes or not, has access to several Force abilities via Heroic Moment's legacy skills, provided they've completed the appropriate classes. One could easily head canon an agent with marginal Force sensitivity from that

So I'm really not trying to shoot down your ideas, because you have clearly spent a lot of time on them, but I do think Bioware has already gone here.

There's obviously been a lot of thought put into this, but Bioware's already explored most of these ideas. The Agent story has:

* A Force sensitive operative in Imperial Intelligence who does not use a lightsaber and only has a few Force tricks (Raina Temple)

* Another Force sensitive operative in the SIS who is an ex-Jedi (Ardun Kothe)

* An Intelligence agent doing ops in the military (the Agent on Corellia and in the mission vs. the Star Cabal)

And:

* There's already a black ops team of Jedi (the Sixth Line, who were tools of the SIS and fully trained Jedi)

* Every character, Force sensitive classes or not, has access to several Force abilities via Heroic Moment's legacy skills, provided they've completed the appropriate classes. One could easily head canon an agent with marginal Force sensitivity from that

So I'm really not trying to shoot down your ideas, because you have clearly spent a lot of time on them, but I do think Bioware has already gone here.

To a degree... you are on the right track. The SIS in particular has been mentioned through out most of SWTOR. So have several mentions of operatives. All of those have a very limited amount of interaction with the SIS. In fact on the LS different characters are enlisted to help the SIS on numerous occasions. What I am suggesting is that the SIS has finally seen the need to take the next step and establish a specialized group of covert operatives. IMO this would be the next step to take.

However, there is to date no available SIS Operative (or Sith Empire counter part) available as a playable class. It is my suggestion to take this to the next level and begin the SIS Covert Operative Class. ( Hmmm come to think of it.. that name might work better).

In order for the class to be a viable class one does not resort to the common place or even copy and paste parts from the other classes over to this one.

I'm quite certain that this still needs work. Hey .. I'm older and a bit slower than the rest of you. But we'll get there !

BTW.. thanks ! This simply gives me a reason to keep working on this. If needed .. some of this may need to be hammered out again! That's cool ! I'm always willing to listen. And if something needs more work..... then I just have to work that much harder.

To a degree... you are on the right track. The SIS in particular has been mentioned through out most of SWTOR. So have several mentions of operatives. All of those have a very limited amount of interaction with the SIS. In fact on the LS different characters are enlisted to help the SIS on numerous occasions. What I am suggesting is that the SIS has finally seen the need to take the next step and establish a specialized group of covert operatives. IMO this would be the next step to take.

However, there is to date no available SIS Operative (or Sith Empire counter part) available as a playable class. It is my suggestion to take this to the next level and begin the SIS Covert Operative Class. ( Hmmm come to think of it.. that name might work better).

The Imperial Agent IS a covert operative for Sith Intelligence. They already have a class that does this. The IA also goes undercover as an SIS operative and can change sides officially to perform that role further.

The SIS also did already have an official black ops/covert operatives group - plenty of undercover agents including Kovach, the IA if they switch sides, and the Sixth Line Jedi, who all died out on Ziost unless Master Surro was saved. That wasn't Theron's group; it was an SIS group that he illegally borrowed (and was severely punished for borrowing).

And what would the mirror class for this be since there's already an entire story about a Sith Intelligence operative covering all of those points? They could not just do a Republic-side class.

I admire the tenacity and efforts you've made to work on this, but as I said, I really feel it's already been covered in the game.

The Imperial Agent IS a covert operative for Sith Intelligence. They already have a class that does this. The IA also goes undercover as an SIS operative and can change sides officially to perform that role further.

The SIS also did already have an official black ops/covert operatives group - plenty of undercover agents including Kovach, the IA if they switch sides, and the Sixth Line Jedi, who all died out on Ziost unless Master Surro was saved. That wasn't Theron's group; it was an SIS group that he illegally borrowed (and was severely punished for borrowing).

And what would the mirror class for this be since there's already an entire story about a Sith Intelligence operative covering all of those points? They could not just do a Republic-side class.

I admire the tenacity and efforts you've made to work on this, but as I said, I really feel it's already been covered in the game.

Respectfully ... I think you are missing the point.. particularly with the SIS... there is nothing available as a playable class at all.

As for the Imperial agent.... I'll do some more research. My initial thought is that the Imperial Agent is not the same counter part of the SIS that we are speaking of. And the abilities are totally different!

Respectfully ... I think you are missing the point.. particularly with the SIS... there is nothing available as a playable class at all.

As for the Imperial agent.... I'll do some more research. My initial thought is that the Imperial Agent is not the same counter part of the SIS that we are speaking of. And the abilities are totally different!

I don't think I am. I've read what you've written. I understand that you want a new class, but the IA already exists (and in terms of abilities, depending on the advanced class you play, IAs can have knives, poison, and use sniper rifles, not huge weapons, some ACs can roll quickly on the ground, and cannot use cover). Imperial Intelligence and its successor, Sith Intelligence, are absolutely meant to be the Empire's counterpart to the SIS.

If you haven't played through the IA story (perhaps several times to see the many varied paths the IA can take - they have more endings than any other class in the game) and read Annihilation I would respectfully suggest doing so, because you will likely find that what you want already exists and has been covered fully.

Which of course isn't meant to deter you in any way from continuing to design your own special class, if you still personally interpret it as being different in some way. There are so many wonderful builds and head canoned classes people have developed over the years, and designing those things can be really enjoyable. So I do wish you the best of luck with it.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I don't think I am. I've read what you've written. I understand that you want a new class, but the IA already exists (and in terms of abilities, depending on the advanced class you play, IAs can have knives, poison, and use sniper rifles, not huge weapons, some ACs can roll quickly on the ground, and cannot use cover). Imperial Intelligence and its successor, Sith Intelligence, are absolutely meant to be the Empire's counterpart to the SIS.

If you haven't played through the IA story (perhaps several times to see the many varied paths the IA can take - they have more endings than any other class in the game) and read Annihilation I would respectfully suggest doing so, because you will likely find that what you want already exists and has been covered fully.

Which of course isn't meant to deter you in any way from continuing to design your own special class, if you still personally interpret it as being different in some way. There are so many wonderful builds and head canoned classes people have developed over the years, and designing those things can be really enjoyable. So I do wish you the best of luck with it.

The part that you are unquestionably correct about" The Imperial Intelligence and the SIS counter parts to each other ! Yes.. agreed ! A basic understanding of the lore established between the two has that established.

Here is the part I believe that you are over looking..

The Imperial Agent you are referring to: That person MIGHT be a good candidate for the position we are looking at for the Empires counter part to the SIS special divisions class. That candidate would be eligible for training in this new class.

The trooper ( ie Havoc Squad ) : the Imperial Agents counterpart might be a good candidate for this new class as a trainee.

So what is different? :

1. Weapons mastery (a specialized weapon unique to this class)

2. Special tactical agility (similar to what we might call a Ninja in today's world) This would definitely affect certain combat proficiencies both offensive and defensive.

3. No class that I'm aware of uses speed and agility as well as the weapons we have discussed. Most (if not all) require at least in part a "standing" or "kneeling" position to utilize certain skill sets.

I know that there is something ... several things I'm overlooking or still undecided upon.

1. As a covert op .. how about stealth abilities... Do we even go there ?

2. How about hacking or other data processing skills ? How is that introduced or used in game at all ? I'm certain that it could easily be incorporated in game... but how far does this go ?

3. Do we request to introduce the use of "master of disguises" ... how would that work? If at all (frankly I'm not so sure about this one ... but maybe ?)

Again.. still a lot of questions and more work to do ! We're not done yet !

:D

Let's review where we are with this, although this will be my take on that review and I might miss a few points or change a few things. The intent here is to push the discussion back toward being on track.

First up, the primary idea is some kind of Force-sensitive non-Force User class that I shall hereafter refer to as an FSNFU. That is, like Raina Temple, the character is capable of wielding things like the Jedi Mind Trick (JMT), but no lightning, no rock-throwing, no balls of Force Energy. If the FSFNU wants to "Open the Blast Doors", he can't do what the Consular does(1), and must revert to slicing the lock, blowing a hole in it, or finding a different route to the other side.

However, faced with a Force User Moment in a conversation, the FSNFU gets options, as Temple did, to JMT people. The initial Pubside archetype of who the FSNFU is would be someone *like* Raina Temple, but recruited covertly by the SIS rather than being, in some way, 'on the run' from the Sith like Raina is.

I think part of the problem in this thread is that people have been getting hung up on the narrative comparisons with the Imperial Agent. The FSNFU is not a mirror of the current Imperial agent, but a completely new class. One suggestion noted early in the thread is whether it should have a new weapon type (citing as examples the FN F2000 among others). I can see how that could be interesting, although I would have cited the similar FN P90 instead, but more generally a submachine gun. (No, not a Sten!)(2) Perhaps a machine pistol instead of a larger submachine gun (the distinction rates a line from DSJ: "it's fuzzy"...).

Anyway... One of the obvious sticking points is how to integrate an Imperial mirror of this class into the existing game lore, especially given the difficulties encountered by Raina Temple because she has some level of Force sensitivity but has deliberately avoided Sith training. I can't emphasise strongly enough that I don't off the top of my head have a good answer for this, except perhaps for appealing to things like the Imperial Science Bureau referenced in Dr Lokin's class-companion story.

In any event, I think it would add something to the lore of the game, offering a way to explore the fuzzy area that's hinted at in more than one way(3) between full Force User people (Jedi and Sith, as well as various others like Voss Mystics and the Order of Shasa) and "ordinary" people like the four existing gun classes. We just need to avoid wandering too close to things like the Sixth Line - they are actual Jedi, so full FU types rather than FSNFUs.

(1) In The Junction on Taris if memory serves, where the Consular goes to rescue workers who are being poisoned by gas released by someone. The Consular uses the Force to open the door in a dramatic and definitively permanent way.

(2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sten The Sten gun (properly just "STEN") was a low-cost and highly unsafe submachine gun chambered initially in 9x19 Parabellum, and used extensively in World War II. Not really a good choice for a "service weapon" for an intelligence agent.

(3) The two most obvious examples are Raina Temple and Guss Tuno, but the conversations with Master Oteg in the missions surrounding the Taral V and Maelstrom Prison flashpoints are also interesting.

• Thanks 1

Let's review where we are with this, although this will be my take on that review and I might miss a few points or change a few things. The intent here is to push the discussion back toward being on track.

First up, the primary idea is some kind of Force-sensitive non-Force User class that I shall hereafter refer to as an FSNFU. That is, like Raina Temple, the character is capable of wielding things like the Jedi Mind Trick (JMT), but no lightning, no rock-throwing, no balls of Force Energy. If the FSFNU wants to "Open the Blast Doors", he can't do what the Consular does(1), and must revert to slicing the lock, blowing a hole in it, or finding a different route to the other side.

However, faced with a Force User Moment in a conversation, the FSNFU gets options, as Temple did, to JMT people. The initial Pubside archetype of who the FSNFU is would be someone *like* Raina Temple, but recruited covertly by the SIS rather than being, in some way, 'on the run' from the Sith like Raina is.

I think part of the problem in this thread is that people have been getting hung up on the narrative comparisons with the Imperial Agent. The FSNFU is not a mirror of the current Imperial agent, but a completely new class. One suggestion noted early in the thread is whether it should have a new weapon type (citing as examples the FN F2000 among others). I can see how that could be interesting, although I would have cited the similar FN P90 instead, but more generally a submachine gun. (No, not a Sten!)(2) Perhaps a machine pistol instead of a larger submachine gun (the distinction rates a line from DSJ: "it's fuzzy"...).

Anyway... One of the obvious sticking points is how to integrate an Imperial mirror of this class into the existing game lore, especially given the difficulties encountered by Raina Temple because she has some level of Force sensitivity but has deliberately avoided Sith training. I can't emphasise strongly enough that I don't off the top of my head have a good answer for this, except perhaps for appealing to things like the Imperial Science Bureau referenced in Dr Lokin's class-companion story.

In any event, I think it would add something to the lore of the game, offering a way to explore the fuzzy area that's hinted at in more than one way(3) between full Force User people (Jedi and Sith, as well as various others like Voss Mystics and the Order of Shasa) and "ordinary" people like the four existing gun classes. We just need to avoid wandering too close to things like the Sixth Line - they are actual Jedi, so full FU types rather than FSNFUs.

(1) In The Junction on Taris if memory serves, where the Consular goes to rescue workers who are being poisoned by gas released by someone. The Consular uses the Force to open the door in a dramatic and definitively permanent way.

(2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sten The Sten gun (properly just "STEN") was a low-cost and highly unsafe submachine gun chambered initially in 9x19 Parabellum, and used extensively in World War II. Not really a good choice for a "service weapon" for an intelligence agent.

(3) The two most obvious examples are Raina Temple and Guss Tuno, but the conversations with Master Oteg in the missions surrounding the Taral V and Maelstrom Prison flashpoints are also interesting.

You sir have in this brief, but VERY accurate summation have just bridged the gap in a way that I was searching for to provide legitimate answers that IMO others who have been following this deserve. From a writers stand point of view I'd like to borrow a runners term " hitting a wall " to best explain where I was at. I'm certain many of you who have experienced either one know exactly where I'm at.

We still have a lot of work to do .. OH ! One thing that does come to mind that I can hopefully shed some light on:

The weapon. Truthfully I'm focused on a machine pistol type as much as anything. With one major difference: accuracy. And in my way of thinking since we are looking at blasters (not projectile styled weapons that depend upon longer barrels with riflings ) for accuracy. The Mac 10 and 11 (and a couple of others) come to mind in this area as well as the one you mentioned (FNP90).

Hmmm that reminds me: we should have an advanced ability (on the last level of the achievement list) something as an option for "additional power cells" or "overcharged power cells" That IMO might really be interesting if the programmers who do this wouldn't object too much!!

And yes... I see the point you are making with the use of the "force". IMO ... this is where we need to be a bit careful. I'm really not looking for a hybrid class. But IMO... in the Star Wars setting and the established lore that we have... even someone like Maz understand the force. Though she may or may not have any direct connections (that part was never really made clear to me personally) she believes in the relevance of the force and prefers to stand on the path of the light side.

With that thought in mind IMO... there are people who would have certain specialized skill sets that would be close to the force .. but certainly not trained and possibly simply choose to walk away from the path of the Jedi (light side) nor want to become a Sith (DS).

In any event... thanks again sir. I believe we are back on track now !

As of this afternoon I have updated many of the ideas presented thus far. I am reworking this again to clean it up into a more viable and smoother reading of this idea!

look for this color text throughout the thread.

I appreciate all of the input. I really do believe that this new class has merit.

Best Regards

Ol Buzzard

Edited by OlBuzzard

• 2 weeks later...

As promised ... I will make an attempt to consolidate some of this information. Some of it will be copy and paste. Some of it will be revised or perhaps even removed. Hopefully though it will help clean up the over all concept into an easier read.

First of all I would also like to make it clear that a thread like this is purely subjective and still in the hands of the development team. The items posted here are intended to be guidelines. I respect their final draft. That said .. There are a few items that I will try to point out as items that probably should not be messed with too much. I realize that there is a lot of work and programming that goes into a project like this. However... it is IMO well within the realm of possibility... particularly at this juncture in SWTOR. The time could not be better.

I. Possible Class Name :

A. Republic : SIS: CMI-3 / SIS: Covert Military Intelligence : Division 3

Introduction of the new class: The SIS has consistently seen the need for greater intelligence gathering and incidents occur that has required operatives with greater skill sets and specialized training. The prelude to the incident on Ziost brought the matter into a more definitive review by only a handful of top SIS officials including Theron Shan.

Shortly after the defeat of the Republic by the Eternal Empire key figures inside the SIS saw opportunity to push through a plan to set aside additional funding for the specific purpose of creating a new division of the agency. That division would be equipped better in every way:

(1.) Advanced weaponry.

(2.) Appropriate armor

(3.) Utilizing only personnel that qualified with above average talent and requisite skill sets: "force sensitive" preferable.

(4.) Advanced training that optimized those skill sets into speed / agility / effectiveness

B. Empire: Dark Council: / ICS:O6 Imperial Council Security : Order #6

The Empire had already began the use of this sort of agent... But like wise saw the need of a more specialized team of experts to achieve more specific goals in a more dynamic fashion with a more precise result when needed. With the fall of the Eternal Empire the Dark Council under the direction of its new leader wasted no time pouring whatever resources were requested into a new division specialized in intelligence gathering or executing the orders from their superiors as needed.

C. Other specifications:

(1. ) Male or Female

(2.) All playable races (as far as I can tell for now)

II. Attributes of New Class

A. Force Sensitive (AKA: FSNFU)

(1.) Please note that this is not a "force user".. As pointed out by SteveTheCynic earlier: FSNFU. I do believe that the introduction of this class might also help to explore that fuzzy area that has come up a time or two and could add to the lore of the current flow of things. IN short it would add to the game... not take away from it.

(2.) Being FSNFU would be directly responsible for certain characteristics that result in a "bonus" in certain areas of the character build. And example of this might be a bonus in the area of "accuracy" or "stun" options or abilities chosen in the skill sets. My thoughts are that being force sensitive will heighten the chosen skill requisites chosen ... but NFU will prevent such skills from being included as "force leap" ( just as an example)

(3.) Please see this posting that was so graciously provided by SteveTheCynic

B. Unique Offensive weapons choice.

A new weapon that might be a larger more fully automatic blaster with a bit more punch than normal. But not the range of sniper. And certainly not the commando style of auto cannon. Probably more the the Star Wars version of the following: IWI-ACE / FN F2000 / or an AK 107.

In short: a Star Wars version of a machine pistol. This would be more comparable in size with a Mac-10 or 11 .. or perhaps a FNP-90 as we see them today. Obviously these are "blaster weapons. They are a VERY rapid firing weapon. The SOUND would almost remind you of a Phalanx. JUST the sound...

Again don't get too caught up in the weapons I have used to describe what should be used since these are only to use as a reference in the actual development stage. IMO ... here is a real opportunity for the development team SWTOR to create something truly fun to use in game. This weapon will be unique to this new class.

C. Unique Ability: To use ALL weapon skills and abilities while on the run. This class does not need to stand still / anchor / or kneel in order to discharge weapon or utilize other skills or abilities. (IMO ... this would be a deal breaker if one of the primary skills of this character which relies upon speed and agility has to stand still in order to execute any of those skill sets.)

D. Armor rating: Medium. Specific designs TBA.

One suggestion for female design:

http://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/27/b6/c927b69dc7f278ade0e0b8c801c5e539.jpg

Please note that this drawing is not mine and is the design and work of someone else. I do believe that everyone gets the idea though of SWTOR version of a special ops design. This is just a suggestion of sorts.

III . Other Specific Skill Sets (still needs work .. )

*** Force "X" (name still certain)... this is definitely NOT not force sweep ... I would prefer to see a Force Based concept that essentially has the same affect as a Kinetic discharge in ALL directions that would do damage .. and push away ALL enemy (even larger ones) into multiple directions with the player as the epicenter.

*** Force Focused Accuracy Bonus*** ...New item restricted and unique to this class. Gives a bonus to the damage being done for "X" number of seconds on certain special weapons use such as full tactical automatic.

*** Defensive Dagger Throw *** Throws or swings a "saber dagger" ( Yeah I know .. a few details to hammer out here)

*** Force Extreme deflection *** able to deflect heavy incoming blaster fire

*** Force Focused Attack *** New item restricted to this class which enhances speed and agility increasing ling term skill and ability. This is passive and is a permanent affect when achieved at maximum level ( that percentage level TBD ).

*** Speedy attack *** Class ability: allows player to move "X" amount faster in all moves and speeds up cool downs to make class more agile ( in DPS mode) and a higher threat (if in tank mode)

2. Other FSNFU Abilities MIGHT include but not limited to:

*** Toggle Grappling hook: can lock on to objects and or enemy and pull to them or them to you.

*** Toxic Dart *** small concealed weapon in wrist area (actual use of wrist armament) Disrupts and Stuns even larger targets

*** Target single shot *** Class name for single but deadly shot (not to be confused with sniper kill shots).

*** Standard Automatic clip *** Class name for ... well standard automatic rounds (AOE) Deadly... but not the damage of "Tactical Automatic". This skill fires standard automatic rounds ... not to be confused with the exceptionally high speed rounds of "Tactical Automatic".

*** Tactical Automatic *** Full VERY HIGH-SPEED automatic (considerably higher rate of fire than that of any other class using any blaster) . This is a high impact spray AOE .. no holds barred ... ( if you get caught in this circle and you're burnt toast on a stick )... you get the picture. Like spraying a target with... Only much much faster rate of speed as described earlier.

*** Class Specialized Attack target weakness *** Advanced Class Ability: targets open wounds / shield weakness / or other enemy weakness and does an additional "X" amount of damage .. and target must below 50% health.

*** Class version of "Sticky bomb" *** I'm just not sure what to call it yet !

*** Class version of ninja styled wind pipe attack..*** hits target in vital area at or near throat leaving almost any target gasping for air. For mechanical targets (droids etc ) uses stun attack affect.

This style of attack is somewhat similar to Ninja style attack.

***Overloaded Power Cell*** Fires several short bursts of overloaded energy I can't help but wonder where this goes ... Kind of my favorite out side of "tactical automatic".

***Replace Power cell*** Self explanatory.

Please note: These are suggestions ... But I do think this helps to act as an effective guide in establishing the design of this new class.

I will continue to update this until we get it right !

EDIT:

BTW.. after watching SWTOR Kid-Lee giving a presentation about the new gearing system... MAN does this ever fit in !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

• 1 month later...

My final entry ... for a while !

I know that in some cases players have asked if there are sub classes available? My suggestions would be as follows:

Light Side Sub Class Names

1. Healer

Covert ops medical specialist. Uses one weapon only. Shield converter for off hand. Code (sub class) name: Specialist / (name subject to change). Also can use stealth capabilities with assigned boosts to insure success.

2. DPS: Ranged

Covert ops attack specialist. Code name (sub class name) : Nemesis ( name subject to change) Uses two hand held machine pistols (blasters of course). See above posts for other details.

3. Tank

Cover ops attack specialist. Code name (sub class name) : Rampart (name subject to change) .. Uses one main hand hand held machine pistol (blaster) with specialized off hand defensive capabilities.

DS Sub Class Names

1. Healer

Covert ops medical specialist. Uses one weapon only. Shield converter for off hand. Code (sub class) name: Appollyon (name subject to change). Also can use stealth capabilities with assigned boosts to insure success.

2. DPS: Ranged

Covert ops attack specialist. Code name (sub class name) : Vengeance ( name subject to change) Uses two hand held machine pistols (blasters of course). See above posts for other details.

3. Tank

Cover ops attack specialist. Code name (sub class name) : Retribution (name subject to change) .. Uses one main hand hand held machine pistol (blaster) with specialized off hand defensive capabilities.

It should be noted that if by chance the Development Team really ever reads this suggestion: My expectations are probably different than you might expect. If this sketch is too detailed... my apologies. I would expect that this class be made the way you want it to be made. Hopefully in there you will remember with kindness some of the main points:

A. Class name

B. Class weaponry that is VERY unique

C. Specialized moves and unique abilities to "shoot while on the fly".

D. A specialized system of defensive and skill set bonuses that are reflective of the "FSNFU" as described.

At any rate: enjoy !

This has been fun developing. Since I began this journey it has really been amazing to see just how often the SIS and Sith intelligence has shown up through out the game. The foundation for this class is already lain. All that is needed is to place a structure on top!

Edited by OlBuzzard

• 1 month later...

I still believe that this is doable and will fit in much better now that 6.0 is a reality !

This character could definitely be written in either pre or post KotET ! It would definitely be cheaper if POST KotET … but still workable.

I suppose you could think of the team as being a SWTOR spy network with a VERY interesting support net work !

I could only imagine what sort of gadgets the development team could come up with for use with these new class characters !

• 3 months later...

I've been working this over in my mind a bit more. Something seemed to be missing. The it dawned on me: "black ops" or covert ops … Nothing fits this description better than "stealth mode". Now before someone fills like this is an encroachment on another area... Let me hasten to say that most of these are seemingly restricted to "healer" sub-class. And there is one available in each of the afore mentioned FSNFU groups (both Empire and Republic) alike.

ALSO:

Something that really needs to be addressed is a good companion for this character. Here is where we get a little crazy. (As if this whole idea isn't just a little nuts).

Why not be able to select the following when building the specifications for the character:

**Male or Female companion

**Body type/style for companion

**Hair styles / color and a few basic modifications for the companion

Basic story behind the companion:

***Both have met previously. Companion interrupts a situation that would have cost the life of the new character (in a battle against overwhelming odds ... but intervened and provided shelter / medical assistance to and quietly left while main character is recovering.

***Being force sensitive … each recognizes the other when they are "assigned" to a new task by the new SIS department head.

***This time the tables are turned … and the character saves the life of the companion. Both seem to realize that they are an exceptional team together …. (any good writer can take things from there). FSNFU will unquestionably help make these two inseparable (if said writers chose to make it so).

I hope this suggestion is someday found to be useful.

I'm very much aware that the development team would have their own interpretation of everything mentioned. Hopefully the key points that make this character will be used.

Thanks again for everyone's patience.

I really have enjoyed putting this together !

• 3 months later...

Something I'd like to throw out to the development team on a more personal basis.

** I really do understand why so many of the suggestions that are offered like this can't and wont be used. Certainly some of the details that we've take the time to review (think over) would not be utilized.

** This has to be YOUR baby … not mine.

** Even with those obstacles … I still believe that this is a VERY GOOD class to consider. If for some reason this ever makes it to the story board for consideration... all that I really ask is to look at the following options to make it to the top of the list for your consideration.

**** SIS (still need a good name for the division of the SIS they are based out of)

**** FSNFU … this is a must. Somewhat like Theron I suppose... only trained for special OPs.

**** Unique weapon that has been discussed … this one could really be a lot of fun to mess with ( IMO … this REALLY helps to define the class in much the same manner as the light saber does for the JK / Sith.

**** Class does not need to hunker down / remain stationary or stop to fire weapon(s). Speed and agility is vital.

**** Pick 'N choose … the best parts / abilities / skills we've roughed out in this discussion and make this a really fun class to enjoy.

I know that you have the ability to make this class really something special. If I didn't believe it … I would have let this go a long time ago.

Best Regards

I like the idea of new classes, I'm all for it. I do think it's very hard to introduce more classes if following Star Wars lore.

Concerning this specific class idea; I have noticed that you are very specific on what you would want on the republic side; a SIS agent with mild force powers. But there seems to be uncertainty about what mirror class that wouid mean on the imperial side. Most reactions to this thread are thinking about an exact mirror class and end up with the already existing Imperial Agent being an issue to a SIS agent counterpart. But please notice that SWTOR mirror classes aren't always mirrored exactly, except for Jedi and Sith the other classes aren't mirrored at all, e.g. a bounty hunter isn't a trooper and a smuggler isn't an imperial agent.

For this to work I would suggest a SIS agent on the republic side and it's mirror class to be a shocktrooper on the Imperial Side. This would solve the redundancy with the Imperial Agent on the Imperial Side. You could argue that an SIS agent / Shocktrooper would be redundant with a Imperial Agent / Trooper but their play style and class story would be different as these are from opposing factions. An proven example would be the Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior, following the same logic these could be seen as redundant, but aren't anything alike when looking at play style and class story.

I think these are the only viable classes to add to the current game. Possibly... probably without force powers. to be introduced to SWTOR at this point as it follows lore and isn't a redundancy with other classes on their respective factions.

The quick-on-your-feet no channeling abilities and new weapons could work to give these classes something new to add to the gameplay.

By the way, a melee type non-saber weapon would be something to consider. Just look at Chirrut and Rey with their quarterstaffs. :-)

By by the way, Chirrut could be an example of a force sensitive without actually being a Jedi.

Edited by DKEVINZ

For this to work I would suggest a SIS agent on the republic side and it's mirror class to be a shocktrooper on the Imperial Side. This would solve the redundancy with the Imperial Agent on the Imperial Side. You could argue that an SIS agent / Shocktrooper would be redundant with a Imperial Agent / Trooper but their play style and class story would be different as these are from opposing factions. An proven example would be the Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior, following the same logic these could be seen as redundant, but aren't anything alike when looking at play style and class story.

How could any shock trooper in the imperial military not be immediately identified as Force Sensitive and subsequently forced to go to Korriban?

I have used the one part of the formula (Republic side) as a guide... the same applies for the Empire side. I believe that also have found the division that the Empire uses. In fact the lore of the two run far deeper in the SWTOR lore than I realized (it's through out the entire story line … actually)

The fact that there are those who might not be able to server as "Sith" in the Empire but would be willing to use their "skills" to support the Sith and the Empire in the divisions we've discussed would in fact support the class even further.

The foundation for the two have been laid … and with the emergence of the past conflict with others outside of the Republic and the Empire could easily drive both sides to create the divisions we've mentioned as a special support network as an intelligence / counter intelligence network.

Republic side: FSNFU are already active and even suggested in the latest SW movie.

Empire side: Sworn allegiance to the Sith / Empire. Not as failed Sith … but as willing and eager specialists !!

I hope this makes sense.

The fact that there are those who might not be able to server as "Sith" in the Empire but would be willing to use their "skills" to support the Sith and the Empire in the divisions we've discussed would in fact support the class even further.

Except in the inquisitor slave-to-sith story, we know all force sensitives in the Empire are sent to Korriban to either become Sith or die trying.

Except in the inquisitor slave-to-sith story, we know all force sensitives in the Empire are sent to Korriban to either become Sith or die trying.

If that is the case … then this suggestion is DOA !

From what I've seen … there was always the opportunity for the service to the sith… but if what you are saying is correct this will never be received by the RP community at all. And IMO … that means this is all a wasted effort. (Not that anyone really cared that much... but I had fun.

Either both sides are the same ( each in their own manner ) and this is balanced … or not at all.

Sith kill off everything … then so be it.

I wont take the time to delete all of this … but it's done!

Sorry … I wasted so much time.

Edited by OlBuzzard

If that is the case … then this suggestion is DOA !

From what I've seen … there was always the opportunity for the service to the sith… but if what you are saying is correct this will never be received by the RP community at all. And IMO … that means this is all a wasted effort. (Not that anyone really cared that much... but I had fun.

Either both sides are the same ( each in their own manner ) and this is balanced … or not at all.

Sith kill off everything … then so be it.

I wont take the time to delete all of this … but it's done!

Sorry … I wasted so much time.

It was a very good post, with lots of interesting ideas, not wasted at all. I'm sure they could come up with a reason why they weren't sent to korriban, something that would fit in to their stories

• Thanks 1

It was a very good post, with lots of interesting ideas, not wasted at all. I'm sure they could come up with a reason why they weren't sent to korriban, something that would fit in to their stories

I appreciate the kind words..

But .. even if I don't agree with the lore of what is established … it is what it is !

What we establish for the Republic must also have it's equal in the Empire. I suppose if you were to look at this through the eyes of the SW story itself … "There must be balance in the force". I believed at one point that there was properly established in lore.

I was wrong in regard with the Sith.

Oh well. It's all OK bud.

Pretty easy to conceive of people teaching their children to hide their force abilities so they dont get taken from them when a good portion of the ones that are taken die.

That force sensitive person growing up and becoming an agent of the Empire that uses those hidden abilities to benefit themselves and further Imperial goals, also.

Pretty easy to conceive of people teaching their children to hide their force abilities so they dont get taken from them when a good portion of the ones that are taken die.

That force sensitive person growing up and becoming an agent of the Empire that uses those hidden abilities to benefit themselves and further Imperial goals, also.

The only problem is that those whom have mastered the force .. and are "masters" can usually sense another personage in the force. On the Republic side it would be left up to the individual: a choice. That would not be the case for the Empire side (if I understand the statement made earlier). And (unfortunately) that would make sense.

The only thing that "might" work (***) would be if the Empire / or Emperor … saw an advantage to using FSNFU individuals in the special ops division this might "appear" as a viable option.

Keep in mind … these individuals would not necessarily be "strong" in the force to begin with... ONLY "force sensitive". There by utilizing this " sensitivity " to hone their skills in the areas we've laid out already.

At any rate … I think we're just chasing our tails at this point.

It's been interesting … and fun. Frankly I'm not up to snuff on the dark / empire side to be an authority on any of this.

Sooo… any ways!

Thanks to everyone who's been helping present insight and information !! IMO … it's important to do things as well as possible.

The only problem is that those whom have mastered the force .. and are "masters" can usually sense another personage in the force. On the Republic side it would be left up to the individual: a choice. That would not be the case for the Empire side (if I understand the statement made earlier). And (unfortunately) that would make sense.

I can't remember which class story it is, but a Sith does hide his force-wielding abilities from my Jedi, which I personally think is an ill-educated SWTOR writer not knowing what he's doing and winds up blowing everything out of the water as to anyone's understanding of force sensitivity ("The force is strong in that one") but you're right.

It's not all that easy for one force wielder to hide from another, and there are many other instances in various class stories in cut scenes where force sensitivity is immediately recognized (except, for some ungodly reason, my Jedi had no idea Nadia Grell wields the force until the class story progresses to Quesh, which I think was yet another strained attempt by an undisciplined/uneducated writer to concoct a plot twist without really knowing his SW universe or caring anything for it).

Edited by xordevoreaux

I can't remember which class story it is, but a Sith does hide his force-wielding abilities from my Jedi, which I personally think is an ill-educated SWTOR writer not knowing what he's doing and winds up blowing everything out of the water as to anyone's understanding of force sensitivity ("The force is strong in that one") but you're right.

It's not all that easy for one force wielder to hide from another, and there are many other instances in various class stories in cut scenes where force sensitivity is immediately recognized (except, for some ungodly reason, my Jedi had no idea Nadia Grell wields the force until the class story progresses to Quesh, which I think was yet another strained attempt by an undisciplined/uneducated writer to concoct a plot twist without really knowing his SW universe or caring anything for it).

Which in the end .. since there can be no balance with this idea .. it is failed...