False Emperor - HK-47 on hard mode

Our group is currently trying for HK-47 in The False Emperor on hard mode, but he always gets us with his assassination protocols near the end of the fight, with no means of stopping or reducing damage... only thing I have found to work was blade wall, but sometimes that just allows HK to go to another target after first AP.

Any info on how to deal with it besides bearing it?

We haven't really had problems with it, as a Sniper (read: Glassiest Cannon ever) I haven't been onehit either - just try activating defensive cooldowns, onehits should not occur, other than that keep everyone maxed on HP. Surprisingly this is one of the few unbugged well-working encounters (now that the Turrets work properly).

All I can tell you is "bear it".

- Ecc

An additional problem we found, was that he could pretty much 1 shot whoever no matter what when he was in that stealth mode the 2nd time around. Additionally, seems like the longer he is actually in stealth, the more people he might kill. So a good question would be, any way to reduce how long hes in stealth? First time seems normal, based on a video we watched, but 2nd time hes gone for twice the length.

And it is 1 hitting people, even if we healed, or it switches targets, he 1 hits them. If we could only have 1 person die during 2nd assassination, or its timer wasnt so long, we could drop him even shortly after enrage, but its the delays and extra deaths that kill us.

Edited by CaedesPlerique

We just did this today, And how we survived was the tank got stabbed first, which was lolz.. like no damage. The 2nd time we have a jugg tank so we interceded the target for 20% less damage, they lived..

Ignore the turrets and just burn him. I don't think there is a way to avoid the stealth, Just hope its on your tank.

It's not difficult to counter once you've figured it out.

Once he disappears, he will briefly reappear behind someone before disappearing and splitting them open. As soon as you see him blink behind someone, channel an aoe on the location you saw him. Any hit done to him will flush him out of stealth and cancel the channel.

If you do it right, sometimes he won't even get a single tick off after the initial stun hit.

That was something closer to what I was thinking, but sometimes hard to confirm. Well try that, and see if we can survive the first two APs, but now we know how to break his stealth so he doesn't continue doing it to us.

Thanks for the info. I'll reply again whether we succeeded.

• 1 month later...
Been wiping on him for nearly an hour now, no matter what we do the person cannot survive it unless it is the tank, we have tried intervening, defensive cooldowns, damaging him before he restealths, AoE'ing him when he stealths. Nothing seems to work :(

HK has a pretty short enrage timer. If you can get him past this point before he enrages he shouldn't be one-shotting people. Lay out any ground target channeled AEs as soon as he enters this phase and you should be fine.

If he's enraged during this phase, he's going to one-shot whoever he hits.

He also enrages regardless at about 5% which means have your healers blow everything they have, put up defensive cooldowns etc etc. ignore the turrets, and all out burn on him through the encounter. If you wipe to the turrets after he's dead, no loss as you respawn in his room and collect his loot.

Yea my group was having a problem with this one as well. We figured it was just a dps check and if you don't have the dps then your not going to get it done. One thing that we learned was that the healers can cleanse the dot he puts on you that hits for 8k. Then we also learned that you can break him out of stealth with aoe. The bad thing was with the dps being so slow we can't get him to a decent hp before he enrages and kills the party leaving me the tank to work off the remaining 30-40k.

When he turns invisible we all run to the center and huddle up, then we all use a ground targeted AoE (well, those of us that have them), if you only have mob targeted AoEs then you need to target HK as soon as he appears and hit him with something. That is not a gaurnteed method, but if your DPS is good you can still finish him off.

Ok this fight is pretty rough until you get the hang of it...

When he goes stealth you need to get some aoe skills going to pop him out of stealth. The best thing to do is have people group up very close to him during this stage of the fight. This way everyone is bundled and can hit aoe abilities surrounding the group.

The backup plan to this is to have a good healer with a dispel. It is very possible to dispel the dot. Now I am not an elitist who thinks its easy and that people who can't do it in time are noobs. I am a sage and I must say you need to be very quick. I recommend everyone huddle up and that people zoom in their view so they can see the animations well.

Also note that this boss does have an enrage timer. I was in a group with some undergeared dps and we wiped a dozen times. I thought I was the worst healer in the world until someone finally realized he was enraging and not hitting people with poison. So make sure your dps is getting the job done.

Edit:

I will also note that this is not a heal intensive fight. If you are hitting the enrage timer there is no reason the healer shouldnt be able to throw dps into the mix. The first half of the fight is nearly no damage and even when the turrets spawn they don't really stress the healer much. Keep dots refreshed and throw up your most efficient dmg spell when you can. The extra 20-40k damage a healer can put out over the course of the fight makes the difference when the dps can't pump it out.

Edited by IThrowRocks

The key to HK in FE is cleansing. He has two things that need to be cleansed when he goes invis. One is the bleed that does 8k dmg and the other is the poison grenade he does. Both are highly lethal and need to be cleansed asap. That is where most of the dmg is coming from. They can kill you in a couple ticks so the window is small. You can also try the aoe tactic, but it never really worked for me personally.

The enrage is tight if you're only geared in lv 22 blue mods. First time I did it it was newly digned sent/shadow tank, aoe spec gunslinger - dunno what that is and a scoundrel. We only wiped till we figured we needed to break him out of stealth. Sure, dps was really tight but once we ignored turrets he went enrage at around 10% and easilly died.

I would say make sure you pack, make sure you aoe and make sure you go with players that have a clue about their DPS rotations, not perfect but a clue.

As a mercenary healer, I found that the DoT isn't placed when HK comes out of stealth. In fact, the DoT itself isn't all that powerful and is really easy to spot and dispel. Back to the stealth though, it appears that he does 2 ticks of damage, one that stuns, and one that does a whole crapload of damage. All I had to do was put Kolto Shell on the party member that got stunned and they only took about half as much damage than when they didn't. This only ocurred one time, so I still need to test my theory, but I hope this helps -- Lamentz@Juyo.

Our group is currently trying for HK-47 in The False Emperor on hard mode, but he always gets us with his assassination protocols near the end of the fight, with no means of stopping or reducing damage... only thing I have found to work was blade wall, but sometimes that just allows HK to go to another target after first AP.

Any info on how to deal with it besides bearing it?

When he goes stealth, huddle up and everyone do their AOE attacks. Something that does AOE damage for more than one hit like inquisitors force storm is the best.

You need to hit him out of stealth and then hit him before he stabs someone, or someone will propably die. This is pretty much the only important part of this encounter, otherwise its a DPS check.

At a certain point he will do stealth two times in rapid succession so be on your toes.

The turrets do very little damage so they can be ignored for the most part. Kill them only after Hk is dead so you dont miss the train on enrage timer. Their shields are taken down by the Ion blast that targets a random team member.

Edited by Karkais