[Esseles Hardmode] ISS-944 Bugged?

I don't know why but this boss seems to behave extremely weirdly at times. For clarity's sake: I'm talking about the bonus robot boss, the one with the big sword, who you have to kite when he gains the red circle / lightning.

I've ran several groups through Esseles HM now as a vanguard tank and have killed this boss easily at times while sometimes he is insanely difficult and we keep dying on him.

Basically, what happens is that we would close back in on him after his red circle / lightning enrage effect is done and all of us would just die instantly anyway.

I think this is because the red circle effect has finished visually, but is still actually carrying on.

What was really funny, is when we were getting desperate on this boss and our healer decided to just leg it through the instance after the rest of us died, the boss proceeded to follow him around at a slow pace (similar to what he does when he gains the red circle) and we killed him after respawning from the med center, with ranged attacks while staying just outside his range.

It seemed like the true enrage timer didn't hit, but he was trapped in the red circle / lightning effect (without a visual cue).

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Watch his buffs, not the visual. The AoE damage effect buff stays up for a few seconds longer than the visual on the floor and around him.

I know, that's why I stressed that we watch the red circle & the lightning.

Basically, I had everyone wait with closing in until he regained his regular movement speed, which worked in some groups, except people still got instakilled in others.

To me, it looks like he sometimes uses his buffed moves even when they're not supposed to be present.

What was also weird was that he was actually easier to kill once he got perma-enraged as in the last group I talked about, as ranged could kill him easily due to the slow walking speed.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

I don't know why but this boss seems to behave extremely weirdly at times. For clarity's sake: I'm talking about the bonus robot boss, the one with the big sword, who you have to kite when he gains the red circle / lightning.

I've ran several groups through Esseles HM now as a vanguard tank and have killed this boss easily at times while sometimes he is insanely difficult and we keep dying on him.

Basically, what happens is that we would close back in on him after his red circle / lightning enrage effect is done and all of us would just die instantly anyway.

I think this is because the red circle effect has finished visually, but is still actually carrying on.

What was really funny, is when we were getting desperate on this boss and our healer decided to just leg it through the instance after the rest of us died, the boss proceeded to follow him around at a slow pace (similar to what he does when he gains the red circle) and we killed him after respawning from the med center, with ranged attacks while staying just outside his range.

It seemed like the true enrage timer didn't hit, but he was trapped in the red circle / lightning effect (without a visual cue).

We just kite him the entire fight cuz it's funny for no-one to ever take damage from him.