Why I hate 70% of Sith Players

TriggerBlade

I'd prefer if people actually read the entire post before commenting so they don't ask questions where the answer is in the thing they are quoting. Also this is all personal experiences of myself and my trusted players. Finally I will not respond to post that ask questions that are answered in this post

Okay if you are actually reading this then I'll tell you my reasoning. This all happened on EbonHawk

Okay I'd like to state that I know people can have their own form of RP and their own opinions, but when it comes to people judging and stating that someone is a poor excuse of a human due to IC interactions you know there's a problem. Well anyways these are some of the actions that make Sith players look bad and half of them stupid and hypocritical. I also know /ignore is a option, but this borders on ridiculousness and people can still teabag you to piss you off.

Edit: Original #1: "Illogical Racism" no longer seems to be a issue.

1. The total dismissal of Sith guidelines. rules and decrees.

Most Sith run around ruining everyone's day ICly and OOCly. They assault, extort and even try to force themselves on people in ways that the forums won't let me post. I get the whole Sith are evil and can be monsters thing. Though the Sith have always followed some form of guidelines so people don't see them as psychopathic squirrels on crack. I have seen the above actions happen multiple times and every time someone tries to fight back or call them out the Sith calls them traitors to the Empire demanding OOC that you let them perma kill your character because you insulted a Sith. If you say no and tell them to screw off, they trash talk you for about 20 minutes, then put you on ignore and file a complaint, trying have Bioware send you a warning mail(Which they don't). If you pay even the slightest attention to the first couple cut scenes of either the Inquisitor or the warrior you can see them clearly state the rules and guidelines that ALL Sith must follow, aside from the council and there is a quest on Dromund Kaas that informs you no matter what your class is that even full fledged Sith can not kill lower members such at acolytes and apprentices without reason. If you get them in trouble you are informed they were executed by Imperial Security(Not other Sith so normal people do have the ability to kill them) without trial or investigation. The Empire takes these rogue Sith VERY seriously. Like it or not people no matter what you say the Sith must behave or the the council will have them put down. It is plastered all over the game and it is clear as day.

2. The demand of over the top OOC and IC respect due to being level 50 and having the Darth title.

Normally when people demand this I tell them to screw off and if they have a problem with it go cry to their mothers.

I refuse to respect someone just because they got a title and spent time leveling up a character. Most of my characters hate Sith, even the good RPing ones. It's all their personal experiences that cause this. One was horribly wounded, another had her parents killed by a Sith. So yeah you won't get respect from me OOC for your stupid title. IC depends on the situation and which character.

Edit:

3: People dressing like slave dancers and getting mad at others when they think they are slave dancers. I've noticed that A LOT of Sith are wearing the slave outfits from the social vendor and Cartel Market. Sith go around wearing dancing bikinis with their light sabers unequipped and get pissed when people don't assume they are chaste noblewomen of the Sith. Normally magically equipping robes and pulling out light sabers from a pocket dimension. I have literally been told that it is an "evening gown". Say what you want, but if you dress like a hoe, act like a hoe, and talk like a hoe... Unless you're a undercover cop or something, you're probably a hoe.

So a message to these Sith:

You can go ahead and ignore clearly stated lore and IC rules and enjoy your wetdream of being a Sith, but please do not try and intervene and RP with others who are having a fun time. I doubt anyone will want to RP or even speak to you if you're going to come up streaking, screaming like a lunatic and spamming duel.(BTW personal experience)

So that is why I hate 60% of Sith players. The rest are pretty cool. Yes there are good and even great Sith RPers out there. I'm just tired of the large amount of idiots.

Now before you go ragging on me this is all formed from personal experiences of myself and a couple friends, even some strangers. It's a opinion backed with actual experiences that helped it form.

I would ask YOU for your opinion.... no not you, the pretty one. Post a story about your experience with a stupid Sith. Try to defend them or go westburos church on them. I don't care, just share your thoughts without attacking me.

Edited by TriggerBlade
Updating and spelling issues

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which server you on?i live on the begeren colony....and usually,all the schadenfreuds are confined to the republic side

of course sometimes it gets boring sitting on dromuund kaas,korriban,or the fleet and listening to players jaw on about pvp strategy...anything else pvp....or how attractive certain npc are..or giving directions

but you go to tython on my server and the place is filled with beggars,people talking about pop music and what there kids do all day...talking about irl politics...talking about irl work and what there favorite flavor of cheese is.....

on the begeren colony server it seems we got the opposite situation from the op,most of the more mature people are on the sith side...and on my server even to the point of talking,rarely do people talk unless it has something to do with pvp...or killing jedi (this is on the imp side)

:o It's racism. I mean, not that it's spelled wrong, that it's... always illogical?

It explains itself if you read further. People RP racism in ways that make real racist sound logical. They are litterally do /ignore to non human and purebloods that RP sith.

It explains itself if you read further. People RP racism in ways that make real racist sound logical. They are litterally do /ignore to non human and purebloods that RP sith.

Ah, taken in that context, yes, that's bizarre. Unless they're roleplaying someone who literally can't perceive other species... An interesting concept, but I doubt that's the case.

This was middle of the day during school hours so unless some kid stayed home sick, I was dealing with some no life guy that lives in his basement.

If you were on at that time also, which one are you? Sick kid or no life guy?

To joke around twice I said "Well so am I." On both times th person raged on me. This was middle of the day during school hours so unless some kid stayed home sick, I was dealing with some no life guy that lives in his basement.

Not only have you declared in your post that all RP must conform to what you want but with this statement you've insulted every worker who works 2nd and 3rd shift as well as anyone living in a time zone other then yours! Since you declare that any person on at that time was some kid skipping school or someone living off his parents which one are you?

Not only have you declared in your post that all RP must conform to what you want but with this statement you've insulted every worker who works 2nd and 3rd shift as well as anyone living in a time zone other then yours! Since you declare that any person on at that time was some kid skipping school or someone living off his parents which one are you?

Um no I havn't declared that all RP must conform to what I want. I havn't in anyway done that... My problem is that these people talk to me as if it's fact that Sith are evil psychopathic monsters that can do whatever the hell they want and the council can't do anything about it, which is simply not true. For the second part. I meant the way they acted. They raged at me like a immature 13 year old kid(Not all are like that, but most I've met) or they raged like a no life fanboy who rages at the slightest smallest thing they don't like. I never meant any offence to others that play at that time or have work. It was the way they acted that I was pointing out. Also since people asked, I am neither. I'm home because I'm taking care of my aging grandmother.

OP got burned.

I'd like to point out all of this is was written when I was in a very pissed off mood. Even though I realize this, I still stand by my OP. Yes typos and what not, but all of this was personal experience. I am VERY opened minded, like a lot of RPers I know and am friends with. Though this is unexseptable. A level 11 Sith running around half naked saying he's The head of the Dark Council. I would understand and even laugh and give the guy a pat on the back if he was joking or trolling, but he was dead serious. Which is bad RP. Some people say "Oh that's just what you think is bad." No it is fact that if you RP Reven or the Exile and are just time travelers you are disrespecting lore other players and are being a snowflake. I swear that I have seen people RP this. Those that say "there is no bad RP" Are the ones that in MY experience the ones that are doing this crap. Now I ask that we return to what this forum post was about. Defending Sith or sharing a story of a messed up one you have met, and NOT post something attacking me.

now, I'm actually glad I am not on an RP server ! :p

How come? This stuff only really irritates you if you RP, and there's plenty of good RP out there anyway.

Agreed there is plenty of great and fun RP. There are even great RPers that are really good with lroe and know how to make things fun and educational if you're not big on lore. Even if you don't RP you can just log on and watch people RP. Think of it as a cutscene but other players are the NPCs.

Ouch, some of those Sith sound like nightmares. I've been on RP servers in other games, and I know just how bad RP can get (especially godmodding, ugh, don't get me started on one guy who said he was the general's son). I basically rolled on a PvE server to avoid this, and I find my server (The Shadowlands) very fun, if you ignore the trolls. Hmm, i'd suggest rolling a Republic character, watch the RPing (if you haven't done all this already) and see how it goes. Even if a Knight or a Consular took their codes too far, it would just mean they couldn't RP a romance :)

1. Illogical Racisim.

I understand that human and pureblood Sith would act snide and elietest towards other races and nonforce users. Though not on this level. I see people activily ignoreing Twi'leks, Zabraks and and Rattikai because they are choosing to RP Darths or anything other than basic force sensitive. by now the in the STWOR world other aliens have proven themselves to be worthwhile. They are still looked down upon but are given the chance to become agents, soldiers, scientist and Sith. It baffels me, because the inquisitor advanced trainer is a Twi'lek that doesn't even speak basic(A.K.A English or whatever language you have set on)

Actually, this is false and sounds more like you blending IC/OOC and getting mad when someone's character disrespects yours for being an alien (just guessing). Racism is alive and well in the Empire. Aliens may be allowed to train as Sith and serve in the Imperial military, but by no stretch of the imagination are they viewed as equals with humans and purebloods. The word "alien" is used in a derogatory way throughout all of the Empire questlines, and your character often expresses surprise when an alien has a high station in a quest.

Furthermore, you are totally discounting the fact that individual people could have highly racist characters. If my character loathes all aliens and refuses to address them as equals... it's RP. It's IC. I don't expect someone to be mad OOC because my character does not like aliens, lol.

As for the non-Force user thing... of course the vast majority of Sith are going to look down upon non-FS. The Sith Empire is ruled by Sith with an iron fist. A Rattataki bounty hunter is barely above a slave in the eyes of the dark council and Sith as a whole. I have never understood why people get upset OOC about playing on the evil faction's side, when said evil faction is clearly biased and believes themselves superior to species/social status lower than them. If an alien attacks a human in the Sith Empire, the canon sentence is death.

2.Everyone is Darth Zashes apprentice.

This goes with the don't RP your class' main story rule, but I no longer see this anywhere other than the Inquisitors. Every other class I've seen has wised up, but not the Inquisitors claim to be Zashes apprentice. To joke around twice I said "Well so am I." On both times th person raged on me. This was middle of the day during school hours so unless some kid stayed home sick, I was dealing with some no life guy that lives in his basement.

Agree people shouldn't take their class stories IC but disagree with your analysis of the person's real life for all the reasons posters above me did.

3. The total dismissal of Sith guidelines. rules and decrees.

Most Sith run around ruining everyone's day ICly. They assault, exort and even try to !>-****-<! other players. I get the whole Sith are evil and can be monsters thing. Though the Sith ahve always followed some form of guidlines so people don't see them as psychopatic squirrels on crack. I have seen the above actions happen multiple times and everytime someone tries to fight back or call them out the Sith calls them traitors to the Empire demanding OOC that you let them perma kill your character because you insulted a Sith. If you say no and tell them to screw off, they trash talk you for about 20 minutes, then put you on ignore and file a complaint, having bioware send you a warning mail. If you pay even the slightest attention to the first couple cutscenes of either the Inquisitor or the warrior you can see them clearly state the rules and guidlines Sith follow and there is a quest on Dromund Kaas that informs you no matter what your class is that even full fledged sith can not kill lower members such at acolytes and apprentices. If you get them in trouble you are informed they were exucuted by Imperial Security without trial or investigation. The Empire takes theses rogue Sith VERY seriously. Like it or not people no matter what you say the Sith must behave or they get put down. It is plastered all over the game and it is clear as day.

I agree halfway. Sith don't go around just slaughtering everyone, but at the same time... Sith kill other Sith when they can get away with it. It's literally constant in both the Warrior & Inquisitor questlines. It is risky and can have consequences if the Sith aren't smart about it, but it still does happen. Some of this also seems to blur IC/OOC again. If someone plays an incredibly aggressive, hostile character, it doesn't mean they OOCly are an idiot and don't understand canon. Maybe it's their character.

Furthermore, the Sith are intended to be the evil antagonists of the game/Star Wars universe. They don't have a fair, logical governing body that is concerned if a Sith "misbehaves." Sith can pretty much do whatever they want until it comes to killing another Sith--openly. I'm pretty sure if a Sith killed an agent for backtalking them that nobody in the Empire would bat an eye.

I also have literally never heard of Bioware sending people warnings for the outcome of RP fights.

4. The demand of respect due to being level 50 and having the Darth title.

Yeah, that's dumb.

Basically, I see a lot of this post as blending IC & OOC. I understand that bad RP can be frustrating, but everyone's opinion of what bad RP is differs. You will be much, much happier in the long run if you simply relax and if something bugs you, go somewhere else rather than coming here and ranting about it, and insulting people who may have put a lot of time into their characters who have logical IC reasons for behaving the way that they do. Of course, this doesn't apply to trolls--but some of your examples sound like actual RP and not trolling. If you don't like racism against aliens, play Pub-side. <3

Also, 70% is a really precise number.

1. Illogical Racisim.

I understand that human and pureblood Sith would act snide and elietest towards other races and nonforce users. Though not on this level. I see people activily ignoreing Twi'leks, Zabraks and and Rattikai because they are choosing to RP Darths or anything other than basic force sensitive.

Are you implying there is logical / appropriate racism? ;)

I haven't seen this behaviour. It would seem appropriate to RP an attitude as a pure blood sith against non pure-bloods but I hope it isn't being done to the point people are feeling left out.

EDIT: My Inquisitor has the opposite attitude to a pure-blood Sith. You kind of have to given your companions.

2.Everyone is Darth Zashes apprentice.

This goes with the don't RP your class' main story rule, but I no longer see this anywhere other than the Inquisitors. Every other class I've seen has wised up, but not the Inquisitors claim to be Zashes apprentice. To joke around twice I said "Well so am I." On both times th person raged on me. This was middle of the day during school hours so unless some kid stayed home sick, I was dealing with some no life guy that lives in his basement.

I logged in once at lunch and remarked how amazing it was the server was full. I was informed it was anywhere between 6 and 9 pm to many of the people online. I've never once seen a fight regarding being Zash's apprentice.

3. The total dismissal of Sith guidelines. rules and decrees.

Most Sith run around ruining everyone's day ICly. They assault, exort and even try to !>-****-<! other players. I get the whole Sith are evil and can be monsters thing. Though the Sith ahve always followed some form of guidlines so people don't see them as psychopatic squirrels on crack.

No, what you suggest is not in keeping with canon. There are conservative forces within the Empire (e.g. Darth Thanaton) who believe in a strict interpretation of the Code and then there are -- I won't call them liberal -- those who are perfectly willing to bend the rules (e.g. Lord Zash). There are even radicals -- think Imperial Agent storyline, don't want to *spoil* anything -- who are willing to destroy an awful lot Imperial infrastructure and are pretty much the psychopathic squirrels on crack you refer to.

4. The demand of respect due to being level 50 and having the Darth title.

Never seen it, although on an RP server you would expect to see it.

What server are you on anyways. I haven't seen any of this behaviour on mine.

Also the server is Ebon Hawk and the spelling was due to me being pissed off at the time and typeing too fast.

We are on the same server and I've NEVER seen this behaviour you speak of. Are you sure you aren't being a little sensitive and blowing a few bad experiences out of proportion.

I have literally only met only 1 jerk on this server. Several "irritating" people, but only 1 person who did anything I would suggest worsened the overall experience of the players around them. And a friendly Level 50 stepped in and corrected the situation.

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

I've read all the comments so far and have seen that almost all of them ignore my replys and comment on things or ask questions that have already been corrected I am now going to modify the original post so people who don't read through the comments don't ask the same question people have already asked.

and even try to force themselves on people in ways that the forums won't let me post.

Woah ***? If your suggesting what I think you are that's a complete breach of the TOS and pretty much every rule of SWTOR. That is a permanent bannable offence. You report sick people who try that stuff on players.

• 3 weeks later...
I've read all the comments so far and have seen that almost all of them ignore my replys and comment on things or ask questions that have already been corrected I am now going to modify the original post so people who don't read through the comments don't ask the same question people have already asked.

I'd like to hear your response to Beltane's comments

You can go ahead and ignore clearly stated lore and rules and enjoy your wetdream of being a Sith, but please do not try and interviene and RP with others who are having a fun time. I doubt anyone will want to RP or even speak to you if you're going to come up streeking, screaming like a lunitic and spamming duel.(BTW personal Experience)

Yes I can totally see how one would be upset about people not taking the "lore" of the Nazi Space Wizards... I mean Sith, seriously.

The whole of the Imperial "lore" is completely illogical, implausible, and impossible. No society could ever survive, much less thrive following their "code". As such, people are free to make up whatever personal lore they want. It might be stupid, it might be brilliant but in a universe where logic, continuity, physics, and pretty much any other defining characteristic of a consistent reality is a joke, nothing is out of bounds.

Edited by CosmicKat

Darn man...you seem to really hate ALL Sith players. I am one such player but I do make an occasional mistake that is a little over the top but I never go over the board super serious unless it is a major issue on one of my character's defining points.

It was resolved by a slight misunderstanding nearly caused me to drop out of one RP.

I would love to see many RPs start up back...and I really do love RPing on this site and I need to get back into so I'm starting now! :):rolleyes:

Woah ***? If your suggesting what I think you are that's a complete breach of the TOS and pretty much every rule of SWTOR. That is a permanent bannable offence. You report sick people who try that stuff on players.

There is an entire guild that is infamous for that on a particular realm that shall go unnamed. They haven't done anything to them yet. Maybe people aren't complaining enough.

TBH, most the RP i see in cantina are twookers, c******s and pimps. Then the sith who like to sit around getting drunk. I see some odd crap and I chose to ignore it unless someone bothers me. It's like people became sith as an excuse for debauchery.