Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Sage Healing

Kgaroo
08.19.2014 , 09:11 AM | #21
Incredible guide, thanks Oderken.
Assassin
Krennix
Sentinel Kgaroo/K'garoo Marauder

dipstik
08.29.2014 , 12:54 PM | #22
so with the changes, the rotation will have to change a bit right?
right now there are some consecutive sacrafices, which should be spaced out in order to best take advantage of the off gcd aspect of the changes. part of the problem is we only have a few spells that cause a gcd. i think most notably these are: bubble, instant dark heal, cleanse and overload. im not a huge fan of bubbles other than burst and raid wide damage, so i cant think of being able to use consume off gcd very often due to it having to line up with a cleanse, overload or bubble (if they reduced the force cost of instant dark heal i might consider using it).

questions:
what will the new "rotation" be? as in operation hps:
Static Barrier|Force Armor
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Dark Infusion|Deliverance
Overload|Force Wave
Revivification|Salvation
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Consumption|Noble Sacrifice
Unnatural Preservation|Force Mend
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Revivification|Salvation
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Overload|Force Wave
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Revivification|Salvation
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Overload|Force Wave
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Revivification|Salvation
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Dark Infusion|Deliverance
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Overload|Force Wave
Revivification|Salvation
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance
Resurgence|Rejuvenate
Innervate|Healing Trance

#2. what are the tradeoffs of using the pvp set bonus? you wont have to waste gcds healing yourself up (i consider using consume to be negative hps).

Darth_Dreselus
08.29.2014 , 04:38 PM | #23
From what I have been testing on the PTS, I just replace the NS with a Force Armour and keep the rest of the 'rotation' the same.

The instant Benevolence is interesting, it still costs a lot to cast so not really a part of the rotation but it gives another highly reactive ability to play with when Force imbalance is up. Will likely lead to a lot fewer oh **** moments.

And the trade off from getting the PvP set is massive, right now just having a bubble on you is almost enough to keep your health steady and it will be even easier with a non-GCD Force Mend. Having a shorter cd on Trance massively outweighs the benefit of not sacrificing health, not to mention the WP lost. Basically you will be lowering your own output just to deal with something which is not even a real issue now (PvE wise).

The PvP benefits on the other hand are significant. It's almost back to pre 1.2 Sage healing in PvP.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

dipstik
08.29.2014 , 04:59 PM | #24
with the ops hps rotation i calced a 195 hps drop from the wp loss (without changing innervate cd), but that may have been off. its hard without a new "rotation" but what is the health cost of consume... like 4.5k at 40,000 health or something, and that is used 1 time every 7 seconds or so... so thats 643 hps loss from consume... so it seems to me that you come out ahead... but that is not factoring the cd reduction. innervate says 10353 healing average per activation. without the set bonus you get 1380 hps from the ability. with the pvp armorings you lose 148 willpower which bring innervate to 9 second cd and 10201 heals to give 1133 hps. the difference is 247 hps.

so even if you add 195+247 it still doesnt add up to the 643 hps consume without the pvp bonus costs. this is a quick napkin calc, which overestimates since it double counts the hps lost due to 148 less willpower (pre buffs). what would be required is a post mitigation extra damage form the lower armor rating to be more than 201 dtps in order to make the pve armorings worth it.

but again, i would appreciate orderken doing a thorough analysis.

rmetcalf
09.29.2014 , 06:42 PM | #25
So theoretically i should be pulling 7k HPS?, I'm almost min maxed and i only heal 3-4k HPS depending on fight so I must be doing something wrong

KeyboardNinja
Yesterday , 01:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by rmetcalf View Post
So theoretically i should be pulling 7k HPS?, I'm almost min maxed and i only heal 3-4k HPS depending on fight so I must be doing something wrong
Or maybe your group just isn't taking damage.

HPS is hilariously situational. Basically no fight in the game will really push you in current gear levels, since everything has been nerfed. Pre-nerf, council first phase did a decent job of wringing HPS out of healers (and doing dumb things like solo healing NiM CZ still achieves this goal), but that isn't an option anymore. Rather than going off of HPS, try to concentrate on how you used your tools (how much bubble, innervate, reviv overheal, etc) and go off your memory of how well you felt you were responding to damage. In my experience, when you're healing well, it feels like you're riding right at the edge of what is possible but never really losing control. When you're healing poorly, you either spiral out of control or things just feel lulzy and boring.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

Orderken
Yesterday , 07:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by rmetcalf View Post
Today, 3-4k HPS can be sufficient for all content with a customary raid composition. The one exception is Nightmare Council 16 with only four healers.

As I wrote in the second topic under "PVE" > "Playing Like an Expert", since your HPS can usually double the share of raid DTPS that you must heal, a skilled healer focuses instead on triage, efficiency, and coordination with his co-healer.
Orderken, <Hates You>, Prophecy of the Five
Guides for Healing - Sorcerer / Sage
Models for PVE Healing - Sorcerer or Sage / Mercenary or Commando / Operative or Scoundrel