The party leader must reset

Fix this bug, its gotten on my last nerve today, we shouldnt have to sit infront of black talon for 40minutes trying to rotate party leader, log out, log in, sacrifice a friggen cat just so we can start our hard mode rotations.

This is beyond ridiculous, how does this not get into game update 1.1 as a fix, you guys are adding new flashpoints but not fixing the same old tired bugs.

We cant even group up because we only get the option to reset the invite, or decline it, this is just stupid.

And if you tell me to put this in the general section i am just going to repost this, time to fix serious bug and stop doing stupid crap like fixing emotes on mounts.

Bumping this myself, I'm getting the same problem with my Boarding Party flashpoint, been trying several times to enter that flashpoint but I can't because all groups I join will get the message to Reset all active instances.

We've done everything in the book, still no dice.

Won't even let me access as solo... It says i've got an active flashpoint and that i have to reset it. When i do so, nothing happens. I've tried to abound the mission and take a new one. But I still get the same message and won't let me in. Edited by BirkLionheart

I think I know what the problem is, and Bioware needs to read this effing ASAP:

The problem seems to be with the possibility that, when you choose a daily, that is not the same as choosing the mission for the first time. So there'll be a phasing conflict.

Same problem, if the above is not the issue, but different parameters: It may lie with the possibility that ALL players need to take the quest at the same time so that everyone participates in the GROUP DIALOGUE from the start.

In other words, if one player already has taken the Flashpoint mission and is ready to enter, then he needs to abandon the mission so that everyone can participate in the dialogue. I wasn't able to confirm this, because some people in my group refused to abandon their quests - or they did it but retook it outside of group dialgue.

This is a total mess. And some of those people even mentioned quitting SWTOR if the problem kept up.

Please FIX THIS, Bioware. Thanks.

I think I know what the problem is, and Bioware needs to read this effing ASAP:

The problem seems to be with the possibility that, when you choose a daily, that is not the same as choosing the mission for the first time. So there'll be a phasing conflict.

Same problem, if the above is not the issue, but different parameters: It may lie with the possibility that ALL players need to take the quest at the same time so that everyone participates in the GROUP DIALOGUE from the start.

In other words, if one player already has taken the Flashpoint mission and is ready to enter, then he needs to abandon the mission so that everyone can participate in the dialogue. I wasn't able to confirm this, because some people in my group refused to abandon their quests - or they did it but retook it outside of group dialgue.

This is a total mess. And some of those people even mentioned quitting SWTOR if the problem kept up.

Please FIX THIS, Bioware. Thanks.

I too have this problem. We tried what Zoroth suggested, all of us dropped the quest and started from the beginning together. We still could not enter the Flashpoint after that. I figured out I was the problem and could not even enter flashpoints by my self. So when someone has this issue, it may just be 1 person in the group thats having the problem.

Originally Posted by hammerhanded

Our Group got this bug so I thought I would share how we got rid of it.

Every time we changed leadership of the group the leader would get the bug. You could tell because when they were out of group they still had the little Phase option to reset all instances. We could consistently pass the bug between us, by passing leadership of the group.

So I passed the bug to my teammate and then logged out, created a new character, let him pass the bug to that new character and then deleted the him. Bye-bye bug. For a step by step follow below.

1. Identify who has the bug: they will have a phase option when right clicking on their picture.

2. Someone else needs to create a new character.

3. Person with the bug invites that new character to group

4. Pass leadership to the new character

5. leave that group

6. verify that the phase option is gone from everyone but the new character

7. delete the new character and the bug

8. log back into your main character

9. re-group and have fun

This took a while to figure out so hopefully it saves someone else some time.

we fixed it by doing (same as above but without creating chars )

1. identify the person with the phase reset bug

2. have them leave group

3. have them invite a random person not part of your group into a group

4. have them pass the person leader

5. have them leave group.

6. confirm phase reset option is gone

7. reinvite to group of 4 and away you go.

Bump yet again. I grouped up with some people last night and we had the same issue trying to do Mandalorian Raiders and Cademimu. We all tried abandoning, changing leadership, resetting, etc. This went on for about 45 mins before we just gave up. Next time I'll try one of the suggested fixes above but ultimately, Bioware needs to get this fixed ASAP! If they're going to tell us that having the group leader 'reset all active flashpoints' is supposed to fix it, then make sure it does!

I really do enjoy the game but too many issues like this one that actually prevent you from doing quests, missions, flashpoints, etc will definitely sour the community from wanting to continue playing!!

We had the same problem earlier today attempting to load into Man Raiders, but in addition to that bug we found another issue with the person who had the reset bug; they didn't seem to get the group invite. What we attempted to do is disband the party, then everyone see if they could enter the instance, and then try to reform with someone in the instance. Logging in and out did not fix the issue for the bugged person.

I had this bug happen to me lastnight when grouping to do hardmode false emperor... i was unable to join so i leveled an alt for the rest of the evening hoping to let time resolve the issue (maybe an internal timer that resets it). when i logged in the next morning it seemed fixed so i prepared for our operation that evening. well lo and behold i couldnt enter the operation cause the bug decided it wasnt gone. I had tried to invite people and pass leader around and would get a message that I was not the leader of my group even tho i was solo... yay...

This bug occurs if you partially complete a flashpoint, and then leave that flashpoint , and try to enter a new one or with a new group. Abandoning or resetting the flashpoint via the mission log does not work.

This is easy to reproduce :

Just go into esseles, and kill a mob , then go outside and reset the mission/abandon quest and re take the quest. Go back inside, and you will see the instance was not reset.

###

To properly reset an instance, you must right click your char portrait, there will be an option "phase" if you have an existing flashpoint instance. Click this and select "reset all active flashpoints"

If successful, the option "Phase" will be gone from your portrait.

If "phase" remains , then you have a ghost flashpoint that is not in your current log, and not being properly reset via the phase menu.

This ghost flashpoint bug is contagious and is passed to the group leader, if you leave the party.

###

To cure a ghost flashpoint error, you must first find out which flashpoint (that you dont currently have in your mission log) is the culprit.

Then you re-take that flashpoint mission and re-enter/exit that flashpoint. Now you will be able to use the "phase" option to reset it properly.

Generally this is a trial and error process, but at lower lvls the culprit is usually the esseles.

My friends and I have worked around this problem numerous times by creating level one alts.

If one of us has the reset bug.

1. We identify who has the bug.
  2. Whoever has the reset bug would leave party, while one of us would log on to our level one alt.
  3. The person with the reset bug would invite the level one alt to a party.
  4. Pass group leader to the level one alt.
  5. The person with the reset bug would leave group.
  6. Confirm 'Reset All Active Flashpoints' option in the right-click character portrait menu is gone.
  7. Invite person back to group.
  8. Dominate flashpoint.
  9. Receive loot.

This ensures that:

• If the bug is contagious, you don't need to worry if you pass it to a level one alt, unless you plan to level it.
  • You don't have to worry if the level one alt has an active flashpoint or not.
  • Level one alts do not have the required level for all flashpoints so passing them lead 'should' remove the bug entirely until you catch it again.

Edited by InfiniteShift

My friends and I have worked around this problem numerous times by creating level one alts.

If one of us has the reset bug.

1. We identify who has the bug.
  2. Whoever has the reset bug would leave party, while one of us would log on to our level one alt.
  3. The person with the reset bug would invite the level one alt to a party.
  4. Pass group leader to the level one alt.
  5. The person with the reset bug would leave group.
  6. Confirm 'Reset All Active Flashpoints' option in the right-click character portrait menu is gone.
  7. Invite person back to group.
  8. Dominate flashpoint.
  9. Receive loot.

This ensures that:

• If the bug is contagious, you don't need to worry if you pass it to a level one alt, unless you plan to level it.
  • You don't have to worry if the level one alt has an active flashpoint or not.
  • Level one alts do not have the required level for all flashpoints so passing them lead 'should' remove the bug entirely until you catch it again.

While that workaround probably works, that is completely ridiculous for people to perform to get into a flashpoint, especially when pugging. People come and go all of the time and are constantly passing the bad flashpoint around.

A single FP should not affect another FP. When we're going into Black Talon, that should be the only thing the system is checking for, not all flashpoints and operations. In addition, when I invite someone, their status in a flashpoint should not be passed to me. The system should just take the leader's status on the flashpoint and go, and reset if necessary.

Again, this is so *********** stupid I don't understand why there is no update on it. It literally ****ed up the ability for a group of us to play last night and try to fix it. After spending an hour on it, we gave up and I just logged because it was a complete waste of time. I appreciate the post on this workaround, but I'm not doing all of that work to get a group of four people into a flashpoint.

Edited by Humble

[*]Level one alts do not have the required level for all flashpoints so passing them lead 'should' remove the bug entirely until you catch it again.

It doesn't remove it. It stayed on my lowbe jedi (visible through the Phase Entry when right clicking on the char portrait) unti the servers were reset and stayed contagious.

Also since it is contagious, the person being stuck with it might very well be in no position to use the regular fix to try to guess and enter the correct flashpoint to end the ghost instance because the correct flashpoint is not even accessible for him.

This is a game breaker and I will definitely cancel my sub if it doesn't get fixed with priority. And "highly important" stuff like speeders working indoors for a few seconds being fixed atm does show very well they don't care! So bye bye when my sub runs out!