Companion Legacy Buffs Not Workin

OeSan

So, I recently noticed that you can get permanent stat buffs from maxing a companions affection and completing conversations...

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/22/companion-gifts-and-crafting-bonuses-for-1-2/

and did so on two of my 5 so far on my smuggler, corso (+1%max hp) and Risha (+1 crit%)

However I did not see either stat increase at all, the legacy window shows these two companions as unlocked, ive relogged, unequipped everything etc. Nothing doing.... Anyone else notice this?

Quick update, unlocked bowdaar too and did not get any increase in crit. So it is my understanding that the legacy buffs from companion affection/quests are not working at all. wasted so much cash on gifts. oh well.

they only work for the first companion of that type you unlock

Yes you only get the increase for the first one but its legacy wide isnt it? I have kira and nadia I got Nadia to max first so I only get her increase not Kiras but i should get the increase to all my alts in my lagacy.

A small clarification, cause I got confused on this also. When you Unlock those Companion Legacy buffs, they buff YOUR stats, the character, NOT the companion. Cause I did them on mine and I got the 1% surge one for example and my surge, my main character, is now at 51% (Am full tank gear and tank spec so no surge on my equipment)

Hope that helps clarifies some things cause it confused me as well :p

Edited by tasmic

Yes you only get the increase for the first one but its legacy wide isnt it? I have kira and nadia I got Nadia to max first so I only get her increase not Kiras but i should get the increase to all my alts in my lagacy.

I do not think it is legacy wide, but regardless this is a new toon on a new server and the first in its legacy. I should have seen a stat increase.

I have them all unlocked on SI and work on all the legacy chars , also rerolled on top EU server unlocked them all with SW and still working you maybe missing something like doing all the conversation in your ship maybe?

I do not think it is legacy wide, but regardless this is a new toon on a new server and the first in its legacy. I should have seen a stat increase.

If it's a new character on a NEW server, u won't get it. Legacy is ONLY server based, so you'd have to start a COMPLETELY new one on the new server.

You guys are not paying attention, the new character, on the new server, with the new legacy IS the one in which I have unlocked these companion's legacy buffs. The companion has full affection, all convos and quests are complete, and in the legacy window it shows as unlocked AND stats I should have the buffs... which I do not. Wow. Reading 101. Edited by OeSan

I'm getting the stat increases from the companions I've unlocked, and seeing by this thread, other people are as well.

Try a repair, and if that doesn't do it, /bug it. It should be working; if it's not for you, something's wrong. Reporting it here won't get it fixed.

Perhaps you had already unlocked the companion before you checked your stats. I had a similar problem with Lord Scourge.

Negative affection points are not working correctly. Lord Scourge gives tons of negative points to a light side jedi and I would see it move my affection levels down on the bar but there would still be new conversations opening up. I actually ended up unlocking him and completing the conversation line at around 6000 affection, far below max.

Hover over the companion icons in the legacy window. It says nothing about crit etc buffs.

You get cooldown& duration buffs for your Heroic Moment ability (once for each companion type) and +10 presence, which stacks for total companions unlocked.

I think the buffs the Dulfy article describes were scrapped before 1.2 actually came out.

Edited by ViciousFett

Hover over the companion icons in the legacy window. It says nothing about crit etc buffs.

You get cooldown& duration buffs for your Heroic Moment ability (once for each companion type) and +10 presence, which stacks for total companions unlocked.

I think the buffs the Dulfy article describes were scrapped before 1.2 actually came out.

No, for each "type" of companion you do get a stat increase to surge (melee dps) , crit (range dps), accuracy (melee tank), healing received (healer of course) and max health (ranged tank).

First line of the tooltip in fact says: "Grants a bonus to your xxxx". Then it goes into the spiel about cd reduction and duration extension of heroic moment.

To the op, as others have said the stats are showing up for me as well. I have no idea why yours is not.

No, for each "type" of companion you do get a stat increase to surge (melee dps) , crit (range dps), accuracy (melee tank), healing received (healer of course) and max health (ranged tank).

First line of the tooltip in fact says: "Grants a bonus to your xxxx". Then it goes into the spiel about cd reduction and duration extension of heroic moment.

To the op, as others have said the stats are showing up for me as well. I have no idea why yours is not.

Thanks. Well, I did have a cust service rep come in game and spend 45 min with me doing... whatever he did. He said it would be fixed if i logged out for 30 min and logged back in. It wasn't.

Thanks. Well, I did have a cust service rep come in game and spend 45 min with me doing... whatever he did. He said it would be fixed if i logged out for 30 min and logged back in. It wasn't.

Since it's legacy wide, make a new toon and see if the starting crit % is at 7.5%. The you can narrow down between just the smuggler or if it's your account. Actually I have no idea if that is pertinent info, but I (as in me personally) would check it solely out of curiosity.

Edited by mokkh

it is broken, they said they would finish fixing it within an hour and email, then they sent me this;

Greetings [Character Name],

I am Protocol Droid K3-C1, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding not receiving the correct Legacy unlocks for your companions.

Unfortunately upon investigation of this case we encountered further problems and were not able to fix the issue as anticipated in our earlier chat. I apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

Your report has been forwarded to our development team, who will investigate further. Please be aware that when a ticket is escalated for such an investigation, it will no longer be visible to you through the in-game helpcenter.

We regret that we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes related to this issue.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid K3-C1 (aka Kim)

Star Wars ™ The Old Republic™ Customer Service

Greetings everyone!

We appreciate your report and your patience! This is currently on our Known In-Game Issues list by Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: May 25th, 2012

Legacy

• Unlocking the Legacy Reward for Risha does not properly grant the intended stat modification.

We appreciate your patience and again, please know that we are working on it!

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Could we get some clarification on this issue please?

I'm referring to two matters:

1) If I unlock Corso as a ranged tank, gaining the increase to max health stat bonus, does this mean that if I unlock other companion characters of the same role-type but on different classes, I wont receive another bonus to max health? I.e it's not cumulative?

If not, this kinda makes the whole point of maxing out your affection with different companions on different classes kinda pointless, except maybe for some weird bragging rights...

2) If the answer to the above point is that unlocking multiple companions of the same role-type SHOULD give you stacking increases to certain stats, is this supposed to have been fixed? I ask this, because as of 22:00 MDT this evening, it still does not appear to be working for me.

Could we get some clarification on this issue please?

I'm referring to two matters:

1) If I unlock Corso as a ranged tank, gaining the increase to max health stat bonus, does this mean that if I unlock other companion characters of the same role-type but on different classes, I wont receive another bonus to max health? I.e it's not cumulative?

If not, this kinda makes the whole point of maxing out your affection with different companions on different classes kinda pointless, except maybe for some weird bragging rights...

2) If the answer to the above point is that unlocking multiple companions of the same role-type SHOULD give you stacking increases to certain stats, is this supposed to have been fixed? I ask this, because as of 22:00 MDT this evening, it still does not appear to be working for me.

1) correct, you will only get the health bonus from one tank, you will however get 10 presence from each companion you get maxed

2) working as intended

Edited by Skodan