Our Next Double XP Weekend (Make Good) and KDY XP

EricMusco

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. And was under the (obviously mistaken) idea we were having a civil conversation. I guess not. Congratulations, you are the inaugural member of my ignore list.

I do believe the civilized conversation went out the window when you unsubbed because of something that happens less than 10 days every year.

As for your comparisons, it would be more proper to compare it to paying a membership to a movie club and a few times every year they have a movie marathon of romantic comedies and you don't like that. You could either watch the movies anyway, or you could opt out.

Instead, you decide to end the membership and forego the movies shown the other 300+ days of the year.

Because, you know, "a statement needs to be made".

You are lying when you are saying that you cannot play during double xp weekend.

You can, you just don't want to.

You deflect the questions on whether you have lvl 55 because you know that is an alternative, but you want to play the way YOU want, not any other way.

You unsubbing won't make a difference whatsoever to BioWare.

Especially considering double xp brings in more subs. There are plenty of people who sub up again because of Double XP weekends.

Enjoy your little protest. It will only hurt you. :rolleyes:

KDY is pretty good experience on a normal play day and I remember getting double xp during the end of the flashpoint after killing the boss. If it was borked up, I didn't even notice! But thank you for the make good just in case it was in fact all fubar'd.

Also, since we got you here. When will we see the Rakghoul Event come around again?? I'm DYING to get attacked and blow up with goo.

So if your employer decides that he's only going to pay you for 4 days a week, but want's you to work 5, that's ok? After all, you are still getting paid for 4 days? No, of course you wouldn't.

If you went to the petrol station and payed for 50 litres of petrol, but only got 45 litres, thats ok? After all, you got 45 litres. Nope. Didn't think that would fly either.

You paid for a Turkey sandwich, but got chicken instead? That's ok, the sandwich still has still has bird meat in it. (This one may or may not be understandable. Here, turkey is significantly more expensive than chicken. Dunno why, chicken is better imho.)

So I'll ask for the 3rd time, if I can't play, why should I pay?

It would be nice if BW actually responded to this sort of discussion, or even the direct PM's that I sent, but so far there hasn't been a peep. I guess that's is what has me so up in arms, is that a paying customer is being ignored when they have a problem. If they can't do it, some sort of response saying why they cant do it would go a long way to my understanding the problem. And no, the bog standard "technical difficulties" is not satisfactory.

A lot of companies operate their customer services along the lines of "ignore the problem long enough and it'll go away" Unfortunately, I'm the wrong person to have that attitude with, as I tend to dig my heels in....and I can be VERY stubborn.

Cheers

Bruce

I sure hope you are aware that most working people in the states (and the rest of the world) actually have to work several days without pay each year because their bosses ask them to work overtime and in this economic climate they often ask them to do so "for the good of the company" without getting paid?

Unpaid overtime is rampant in our society.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10666369/Employees-rack-up-640m-of-unpaid-overtime-a-year.html

So stop whining about "not being able to play the game" for a few days. It's the definition of a first world problem.

I never understand the 'I hate 2 xp! I quit!' people.

Me either. I actually wish we had more of these weekends. I leveled my first 8 toons (back in the day long ago) via the long and hard road. No dbl xp, no boosts, no guild boosts, no money, no presence, a complete newb, etc. Now that I'm working on level 55 19-22 (I've got 18 55s atm), i look forward to dbl xp weekends. During those I stick with my guild, grab a toon who needs leveling, pop a boost and (now-a-days) run KDY until it's coming out of my ears.

All the nay sayers have to do is go play a 55 for those two-three days. *sigh* I swear, no one is EVER happy.

No one cares if you don't appreciate the tone.

It always amuses me when people say that. It's the Internet.

That's a non excuse for the attitude displayed by some members here. There wouldn't be any forum rules if discussions were allowed to degrade into insults and open hostility. IMO a mature and civil person would never insult a stranger over any given medium.I at least was brought up to be polite towards people who have differing opinions from my own.

While I'd never unsub over this I'm a firm supporter of adding an opt out myself. Forced double XP events are especially unfair to new players. We had a lot of new people joining our guild during the last event and a lot of them complained about overleveling content they were experiencing for the first time. When you're running through the game for the first time and you're actually enjoying said game, it's not unreasonable if you want to do at least every class and planet quest and maybe a few bonus series as well without whole planets greying out on you.

Hey folks!

You may remember back when we ran our last double XP weekend that there were a lot of forum reports around that Kuat Drive Yards was not issuing double XP. Once we realized that, as a “make good” to the issue, we would do another double XP weekend so you can all reap that sweet, sweet double XP in KDY. Well I am here to give you some good news, our “make good” double XP weekend will be next weekend, from April 11th – April 13th.

Now, let’s talk a little bit about KDY. After the bug was reported we sent our QA folks deep into the double XP – KDY world to find the issue so that we could get it repaired and back to you. They ran into a strange issue, they couldn’t find a problem. In every piece of testing they did, they were always being awarded double XP in KDY. Now at this point there are two possible scenarios:

1. KDY is actually awarding double XP and there is some confusion around how much XP players should be receiving.
  2. KDY is experiencing issues when awarding double XP, but for some unknown reason it is only manifesting on the live servers (outside our testing areas).

Let’s talk about number one. First off, there are two issues which did impact experience completely that were fixed after the last double XP weekend in 2.6.2. Both of these issues would cause a player to receive no experience at all and have since been fixed:

• Resolved an issue that prevented Flashpoint group members from getting experience if grouped with someone outside of the listed level range of the Flashpoint. Now, defeating level-appropriate enemies will grant experience regardless of group.
  • Resolved an issue where enemy levels were being incorrectly colored as green instead of grey, to indicate that no XP would be gained from killing them.

Next, I thought it would be good to explain a bit about experience gains during double XP. If a player is playing a flashpoint when they have rested experience, they will be earning double experience from all mob kills. Meaning if you play mainly within rested XP, a double XP weekend may not appear to have any affect at all. Here are some examples of experience gains at levels 15, 30, and 50 in KDY.

It is a little long so hit the spoiler tag to see the full math. This list assumes you are not in a guild:

Level 15

Normal(No Boost)

Standard – 103

Strong – 315

Elite – 787

Boss - 3151

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 124

Strong - 378

Elite - 945

Boss - 3781

Rested/Double XP(No Boost)

Standard – 207

Strong – 630

Elite – 1573

Boss - 6300

Rested/Double XP(w/Boost)

Standard – 249

Strong – 756

Elite – 1888

Boss - 7560

Level 30

Normal(No Boost)

Standard – 178

Strong – 540

Elite – 1350

Boss - 5406

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 214

Strong - 648

Elite - 1620

Boss - 6484

Standard – 357

Strong – 1078

Elite – 2700

Boss - 10798

Standard – 429

Strong – 1296

Elite – 3238

Boss - 12958

Level 50

Normal(No Boost)

Standard – 278

Strong – 840

Elite – 2100

Boss - 8427

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 334

Strong - 1008

Elite - 2523

Boss - 10084

Standard – 557

Strong – 1680

Elite – 4198

Boss - 16800

Standard – 669

Strong – 2016

Elite – 5038

Boss - 20160

That should give you a pretty good idea of what experience numbers will look like when you are playing next weekend! Now, onto number two. Every now and again we can see issues manifest in very strange ways. It is possible that double XP is in fact completely borked in KDY, but only on our live servers when we run the event.

So, no matter if it is 1, or 2, there is only one solution… more double XP! Please jump on next weekend, and let us know your results, we will be looking at it as well. If it seems that KDY is functioning correctly, then may many experience points rain down upon thee. If it ends up that there is an issue and things are not working, we will hit that drawing board again and get to the bottom of it.

Thank you all for your patience, I am looking forward to seeing you all in game. Let’s get some levels, friends.

-eric

It was not about the mobs themselves but about doubling boost, legacy perk and guild bonus applied when killing those mobs.

Same character before 2x weekend with boost, legacy and guild ~ 500 Xp from mob, same character in 2x weekend ~ 500 Xp from mob... what mean there were no 2x for boost, perk and bonus.

Mats above seem to have errors

278x25% = 347.5 not 334 (all mats show that you calculate boost as 20% not 25%)

Boost over rested would mean 25% over 2xMobXp, boost over double Xp weekend has to be 2x25% over 2xMobXp and example doesn't apply that.

I sure hope you are aware that most working people in the states (and the rest of the world) actually have to work several days without pay each year because their bosses ask them to work overtime and in this economic climate they often ask them to do so "for the good of the company" without getting paid?

Unpaid overtime is rampant in our society.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10666369/Employees-rack-up-640m-of-unpaid-overtime-a-year.html

So stop whining about "not being able to play the game" for a few days. It's the definition of a first world problem.

If you work for any company that asks you to do this, you should report this immediately to your state labor department because its extremely illegal...

Boooo. So I have to find something else to do than play SWTOR next weekend.

Could I get a no XP weekend at some point to make up for all these double XP weekends?

Sounds like next weekend will be a zero xp weekend for you. You want another?

So there was a bug going on that weekend.

I had a 40s sage during that time and tried to run a lot of FPs (the later ones give a **** ton of xp plus the daily/weekly) and noticed I got 0 xp for mob kills every time. Must be the "different level, no xp" glitch.

Boooo. So I have to find something else to do than play SWTOR next weekend.

Could I get a no XP weekend at some point to make up for all these double XP weekends?

Yes, I know, it's horrible.

Your fun is being ruined by the fun of thousands of others.

Seriously, there are things to do even on a double xp weekend.

There's always elder-game where you can do Ops or Dailies or you can craft or well... alot of other stuff.

You just can't level that low-level toon you wanted to play for 3 days... oh the horror.

Yes, I know, it's horrible.

Your fun is being ruined by the fun of thousands of others.

Seriously, there are things to do even on a double xp weekend.

There's always elder-game where you can do Ops or Dailies or you can craft or well... alot of other stuff.

You just can't level that low-level toon you wanted to play for 3 days... oh the horror.

I hear Candy Crush is a fun and addictive game, and I don't believe they are doing a double XP that weekend.

Doesn't Eric shortchange double xp weekend a bit since, while your mob kills are the same whether rested of doubled, the quest XP is not affected by rested but is by 2x.

FYI:

I looked at my XP per level tab of my Google Spreadsheet (doesn't everyone have one) to compute the PTL (pigs to level - based upon the South Park episode)

It shows 15, 30 and 50 as being 7.1, 14.8 and 25 boss kills for that level. E.g. level 15 is 54,035 XP, a Boss with Rested/Double XP(w/Boost) is 7,560

This is all great information and I am making the devs and QA aware of the thread to follow information like this.

Thanks!

-eric

If this is still an issue will there be a double XP weekend on Apr 11-13 or will it be postponed until resolved?

Are the bonus reward issues and the loot drops issues going to be resolved as well?

Currently the bonus missions are level locked to 20 so doing them above level 25 or so makes them an exercise in pointlessness.

The loot also appears to be level locked to 20 and for level 55 players who would otherwise expect to see basic commendations and credit values consistent with those in the other tactical flashpoints are instead seeing credit drops in the double digits and planetary commendations for all rewards save those granted for completing the random daily tactical.

My thought on the bug last 2x weekend was it was running the same time as a bounty week,I think that was the first time that happen, could have been a interaction between both events?

If I remember correctly 2.7 drops Tues? I really hope they tested it with 2x,hate for a new patch and 2x to have issues.

i was a beta tester for Diablo 2 and i remember the sorc had a bug that did not show up until over 100k players were on the servers,our KDY bug might be the same ,not sure how many were on testing team but maybe it was the same kind of thing

Level 15

Normal(No Boost)

Standard – 103

Strong – 315

Elite – 787

Boss - 3151

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 124

Strong - 378

Elite - 945

Boss - 3781

Standard – 207

Strong – 630

Elite – 1573

Boss - 6300

Standard – 249

Strong – 756

Elite – 1888

Boss - 7560

I ran KDY on my level 15 Operative a few hours back and so I checked and write down Xp that I've gotten from kills.

Here is the numbers:

Level 15 First Instance (Rested XP, no Boosts)

Standard - 111

Strong - 343

Elite - 865

Champion - 2597

Level 15 Second Instance (no Rested XP, no Boosts)

Standard - 56

Strong - 172

Elite - 432

Champion - 1301

Level 16 Third Instance (no Rested XP, no Boosts)

Boss - 1827

As you can see I'm getting half the amount of XP you mentioned.

Anyway, it's really good that we will be getting another 2xp next week but I won't make a mistake like last time, I will just do my class missions and buy Legacy class mission boosts instead of FPs.

Edited by PedramIV

Thanks for the communication, though it seems like there are a number of questions / concerns outstanding specific to KDY, which IMO, shouldn't be outstanding / unanswered given the next double XP is scheduled for next weekend.

One of the concerns was that a level 51 player was earning less XP than the devs stated as the expected XP for level 50 (one would think a 51 would at least earn the same amount of XP as a 50, if not more) as well as the XP awarded per same mob type varied between scenarios over the course of the run.

The other concern is that previous explanations and math examples of double XP versus rested XP showed that rest XP was simply a bonus added to the baseline XP and any other boosts / bonuses were calculated against the base XP while double XP effectively doubled the baseline XP, with all boosts / bonuses calculated against the doubled XP amount.

This is pretty significant considering the following example based on previous explainations:

STANDARD REST XP

Base Mob XP: 100

Rest Bonus: 100

Guild: 10

Boost: 25

Legacy: 30

TOTAL: 265

PREVIOUSLY EXPLAINED DOUBLE XP

Base Mob XP: 200 (100 Doubled)

Rest Bonus: 0 (Disabled during double XP)

Guild: 20

Boost: 50

Legacy: 60

Total: 330

So either the testers are finding a flaw as double XP with boosts should be providing a significant and easily identifiable increase to total XP over standard rest XP OR double XP isn't actually working / intended to work as it was previously explained (boosts being applied to the doubled XP amount, not the normal baseline).

I ran KDY on my level 15 Operative a few hours back and so I checked and write down Xp that I've gotten from kills.

Here is the numbers:

Level 15 First Instance (Rested XP, no Boosts)

Standard - 111

Strong - 343

Elite - 865

Champion - 2597

Level 15 Second Instance (no Rested XP, no Boosts)

Standard - 56

Strong - 172

Elite - 432

Champion - 1301

Level 16 Third Instance (no Rested XP, no Boosts)

Boss - 1827

As you can see I'm getting half the amount of XP you mentioned.

Anyway, it's really good that we will be getting another 2xp next week but I won't make a mistake like last time, I will just do my class missions and buy Legacy class mission boosts instead of FPs.

If you're getting half of the normal, non-Double XP amount, it seems more like a bug with KDY itself giving half XP permanently, than being a bug with Double XP itself.

Edited by idnewton

Mats above seem to have errors

278x25% = 347.5 not 334 (all mats show that you calculate boost as 20% not 25%)

Boost over rested would mean 25% over 2xMobXp, boost over double Xp weekend has to be 2x25% over 2xMobXp and example doesn't apply that.

This is exactly what I've found, as well, and posted about in this very thread; I guess others sniping at each other got it buried.

I'd really like some kind of response to this, the boosts being something bought in the CM, and all, for real money (and, therefore, bordering on defraudment)! Seems like they would want to clear it up as soon as possible, but it seems not; even the post I made the other day in the Bug Forum isn't getting any response...