We need more moneysinks, please.

Caelrie

Inflation is getting out of control. Armor sets that were 5 million credits 6 months ago are now 20 million. Sets that were 20 million are now 35 to 40 million. Unstable sabers are going for the price of a guild flagship. I myself could buy a handful of flagships without blinking. People have too much money (me included) and it's driving crazy inflation.

Please do something, Bioware. Remove some of this money from the game through sinks. When even simple things cost 1 to 2 million credits on the GTN because people have so much money, it makes everything that much harder for the preferred and F2P players with their piddling limits of 250 and 350k. Raising their limits isn't the solution, since it does nothing about the crazy inflation.

You COULD do cheesy MMO things like increasing fuel costs, nerfing mission payouts again, increasing repair costs, etc. but why not go the other way and just give us cool things to spend credits on? The main reason I have hundreds of millions of credits in the first place is because there just isn't anything to spend them on. And even if I buy expensive things on the GTN, that just moves credits around. It doesn't remove them from the game.

I'd like to use this thread to come up with ideas for sinks that players would like, and would actually work. Here are a couple of mine:

1) Personal flagships. Let me have my own star destroyer, maybe with some functionality that helps solo or group players instead of guilds.

2) Offer some cartel market items for credits, direct from vendors. Maybe sell the 2nd tier of desirable items. I know you don't want to give up the cash cows like black dyes, but what about selling white dyes from vendors for 3 or 4 million credits each? Ziost sabers for 5 million? White/black saber crystals for 5 million? Reusable dye packs for 20 million? I dunno. There are lots of things you could sell players.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagreeing in-fact I am finding it the other way round, sets that were 20-25mil are going now for 12. Such as havoc set. was 20-25mil few months back. Had mine listed for 15mil for 3 weeks. then dropped to 14, then 13, then 12. Did sell at that but half what it was. Same go's for most sets I have sold from the gold packs which I had lots off which were selling very high. The only items I personally have seen skyrocket as in gone up in price, are the two animal companions which both are more recent in any case. I also expect both to come down soon as anyone who is willing to pay that would have already.

Just because an item is listed at 25mil or whatever does not mean it will sell. Very often items don't sell, players re-list them for less and less until they do sell.

Oh and BTW, I really don't care all that much if F2P cannot buy the high end rare items. You say you have hundreds of mils. Well then you list items cheap for F2P accounts.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Just because an item is listed at 25mil or whatever does not mean it will sell. Very often items don't sell, players re-list them for less and less until they do sell.

I've had no problem selling RReborn sets for 35 million and unstable sabers for 40 million.

I've had no problem selling RReborn sets for 35 million and unstable sabers for 40 million.

Whoopee, two items one of which is from the last pack. Plus reborn set was 50mil a few months back so already dropped by 15mil.

Other sets that have dropped by half or more are

Revanite's puruer's

Shae Vizla's

Rohlan Dyre's

Ajunta Pall's

Xuxaan's sets

Believe me I know had multiple copy's of all these sets from the gold packs.

So your arguments holds no water what's so ever. Also now, you as you claim, have hundreds of millions you want BW to put in credit sinks to stop other player's getting credits because you'll be OK regardless?

OK, yep really sorrty but you not going to get all that much support on this. Sure you will get some but not all that much.

Your justification is complete nonsense IMO.

I play the market daily. The plethora of Chance Cubes are flooding the market with items from all previous packs.....driving prices of many Cartel Market Items down significantly in price. There are of course always a few highly desired and still rare items that remain high demand and hence high price, but the majority of items (many of them older items from prior packs) are selling at deep discounts. Hence, it is a buyers market right now, and I am buying and storing items for later resale.

Just type in "Armor Sets" in the GTN and see many tens of pages of armor sets and most are older sets that are much desired, yet selling for under 500K. Or rummage the dye listings on the GTN, which frankly are some of my best items on the GTN to buy and hold for resale later. So many dyes selling for well under 100K that will resell later on for multiple hundreds of thousands. That said.. you have to know what you are doing and what is highly desired in general.... because not all dyes or armor sets will resell well later.

I could go on and on.. but the point is.. it's a buyers market right now, even on servers other then Harbinger.

Whoopee, two items one of which is from the last pack. Plus reborn set was 50mil a few months back so already dropped by 15mil.

The point is that he's wrong that these high-ticket items aren't selling.

Your justification is complete nonsense IMO.

I play the market daily. The plethora of Chance Cubes are flooding the market with items from all previous packs.....driving prices of many Cartel Market Items down significantly in price. There are of course always a few highly desired and still rare items that remain high demand and hence high price, but the majority of items (many of them older items from prior packs) are selling at deep discounts. Hence, it is a buyers market right now, and I am buying and storing items for later resale.

Let's take a different tack here... What are you actually DOING with all these credits? I have nothing to do with mine except make more credits. I already have everything off the CM I want.

Edited by Caelrie

Removing money from the game is how you fix inflation. MMO econ 101.

Except the OP complaint is not really about inflation, it's about the high cost of super rare items in a player driven GTN marketplace. No amount of credit sinks in game would address this given we are 4 years in now. It's pure supply/demand in a mature MMO market place.

There is no real/persistent inflation in this game. In fact, in some ways... the Cartel Market items flooding the market causes the appearance of disinflation in many cases, as does gatherers and crafters flooding the markets. There are plenty of people sitting on fat wallets for sure, but that alone does not = in game inflation. GTN inflation is driven by player demand vs supply. Rare or extremely hard to obtain items will always carry high premiums on the GTN.... but for a 4 year old MMO.... in game currency is not driving this.. it is player demand. Right now... with this latest pack and it's chance cubes, the broader GTN market is deflating in many categories.

There are plenty of credit sinks in this game as it stands. If there were not, people would not be complaining about them on a rather constant basis over time .... most especially when an expac drops and a new grind begins.

Edited by Andryah

Except the OP complaint is not really about inflation, it's about the high cost of super rare items in a player driven GTN marketplace. No amount of credit sinks in game would address this given we are 4 years in now. It's pure supply/demand in a mature MMO market place.

I'm the OP. It's about inflation. Prices are able to BE that high because players can afford to pay them. There's simply too much money in the game.

There are plenty of credit sinks in this game as it stands. If there were not, people would not be complaining about them on a rather constant basis.... most especially when an expac drops and a new grind begins.

What are these sinks that can compare with being able to make a million credits a day as a casual player running heroics in groups?

Edited by Caelrie

What are these sinks that can compare with being able to make a million credits a day as a casual player running heroics in groups?

casual runs through heroics =/= millions of credits per day. Hard hitting runs on heroics for hours on end does, but most peoples eyes bleed after a few days of that.

But to answer your question.... gear gear gear. You can live off drops to level cap, but once there, you will spend millions to properly re-equip a character with current level gear. Which is why there are so many complaints about the cost of applying augment slots and augments to gear every time they raise the level cap. Just adding augment slots to gear soaks out 30K per slot... that is actual credits returned to the game. And lets not forget the appearance tabs... which also soak out credits, and then there is normal wear and tear on gear, items purchased from vendors, etc. etc. etc.

The fundamental problem with a 4 year old MMO, is that adding more and more credit sinks discourages newer players who are not yet sitting on fat wallets. An MMO thrives off of a blend of veteran and newer players. If you raise the pain level of credit sinks notably, then you inhibit or discourage new players joining the game.

Here's an idea... how about we let Bioware and their data warehouse monitor, analyze, and adjust the economic knobs as they determine is best for the overall game and population. ;)

I'm the OP. It's about inflation. Prices are able to BE that high because players can afford to pay them. There's simply too much money in the game.

Sorry pal.. but you being too poor to buy items listed on the GTN flies in the face of your claims of too many credits in the game. And not all items listed for ridiculous prices actually sell for those prices. The market sorts itself out, and Bioware manages the global credit in/out knobs. If they see an imbalance, they adjust knobs.

But hey... by all means... start a campaign to raise the fees for repairs, installing/removing mods, augments, etc. etc. That will surely go over well with the player base (who by the way has always claimed these sinks are too high "as is")

Besides, every time a wealthy player retires from playing the game... their fat wallets of credits get locked in stasis, perhaps forever. Couple that with the Chicken Little Doom threads in the forum... and we have too many credits being sucked out of active play in the game.

Edited by Andryah

casual runs through heroics =/= millions of credits per day. Hard hitting runs on heroics for hours on end does, but most peoples eyes bleed after a few days of that.

Kinda sounds like you don't know how the bonus objectives work. A full group of 4 running heroics together belts them out crazy fast and at the same time nets about 75-100k per player per heroic mission.

Making a million credits a day that way is EASY. Casuals are doing it no sweat. And those sinks you listed? They're peanuts compared to what players are making. 1 day of playing and the average player can augment an entire set of gear, and then you don't need to do it again. Repair costs are negligible if all you're doing is running these heroics. Travel costs have been reduced to nothing.

The money going out isn't matching the money coming in by a long shot.

Sorry pal.. but you being too poor to buy items listed on the GTN flies in the face of your claims of too many credits in the game.

Really? You didn't even read the post before replying...

No wonder you're having trouble understanding the thread. I'm not poor. I can buy anything I want. The problem is that I have TOO MUCH money, and so does everyone else.

Edited by Caelrie

The money going out isn't matching the money coming in by a long shot.

Nor should it. If it did.. we would all be perpetually broke in game. ;)

I get it.. you don't have enough wealth to buy all the pretty items you crave. Well, if you want credits, you have to earn them one way or another. Yet your answer is to bring every ones resources down to your level. :rolleyes: Up your game, or downsize your item cravings.

Edited by Andryah

I get it.. you don't have enough wealth to buy all the pretty items you crave. So your answer is to bring every ones resources down to your level. :rolleyes:

Dude, you're embarrassing yourself. Go back and read my posts. You didn't even bother to read the original post if you think I'm poor and my solution is to up maintenance costs. It states flat out that SHOULDN'T be the solution.

Edited by Caelrie

The point is that he's wrong that these high-ticket items aren't selling.QUOTE]

So now you are contradicting your self. If these items are not selling that does not quell to much credits in-game. No the reason why some items are not selling, is because I may well have 50mil does not mean I am going to buy an item for 25mil, if its only worth 10mil. Players will just wait for a item to go back to what that player thinks its worth. Most items listed on GTN are not worth the asking price. Which is why the cost range of the some items has such extremes form lowest to highest.

Such as Havoc set, It was going for 25mil and I am sure the odd set did sell for that. Most of us know it was just not worth that, full stop. It had nothing to do with if we had the credits or not. I sold mine for 12mil and personally I did not think it was worth that. I just put it on GTN for the same as the lowest one on there which was indeed 25mil, then dropped it by 1mil until it sold. I would not have paid 1mil for it myself. It's cosmetic and not even that nice to look at.

Your lightsaber may well sell for 40mil now, 4 months from now don't think so, because it not worth that. So only the few hard-core collectors will pay that cost. Once those have got it the price will drop same as any other sort after item from cartel, since cartel items have been sold. This is nothing new and nothing to do with how many credits are in the game. Same was happening 2-3 years ago.

So you think you have to many credit so want to stop other getting to many credits? OK!

Dude, you're embarrassing yourself. Go back and read my posts.

No, you are stuck on your position and not open to discussion. So basically this is a solo complaint/demand thread, and comments that do not agree with your views are unwelcome?

I have over 600M credits, and about 200M in held items (and there are thousands who are wealthier them me) You could soak the game to the ends of time and it would not affect me. I have personal skin in this discussion, but your point of view definitely is worth of some rebuttal. The only party that can even assess, much less actually control, the credit float in game is Bioware, and 4 years in, they have done a pretty good job keeping the credit float under control.

Edited by Andryah

No, you are stuck on your position and not open to discussion. So basically this is a solo complaint/demand thread, and comments that do not agree with your views are unwelcome?

Here, I'll help you out since you refuse to go actually read the OP...

I wrote:

You COULD do cheesy MMO things like increasing fuel costs, nerfing mission payouts again, increasing repair costs, etc. but why not go the other way and just give us cool things to spend credits on? The main reason I have hundreds of millions of credits in the first place is because there just isn't anything to spend them on. And even if I buy expensive things on the GTN, that just moves credits around. It doesn't remove them from the game.

Why would you be opposed to BW putting cool things in the game for you to spend your millions on?

Edited by Caelrie

Ummmm, I said they ARE selling.

unnnnnn. No your quote was

The point is that he's wrong that these high-ticket items aren't selling.QUOTE]

Maybe you meant ARE but you put AREN'T

As for BW putting cost in game?

Well cost for skill advancing is really the only thing BW should never have taken away. This would not have the credit sink you are looking for. Fuel cost for moving from planet to planet has been made mainly pointless because of the quick travel heroic option.

Besides going on BW last attempt to do anything such as the companion power level. You know full well what any credit sink will do. Don't you?

As for having things to spend credit on, well this I think most will be OK with because anything you CAN spend credits on will be optional.

Why would you be opposed to BW putting cool things in the game for you to spend your millions on?

I'm not. And... it's one of the worst ways to go about it IMO because cute shinnies appeal to some, but most will not actually spend credits to get them... so the return on effort would be poor for the devs.

And I agree with you.. your ideas are "cheezy" and would really do little to nothing to address your issue.

Look... they tweak prices around all the time for actual credit sinks. Sometimes up, sometimes down.... depending on what float point they are working to. It wasn't all that long ago that they DID raise fuel prices.... and boy did the forum have a melt down when that happened.

Now, if it really bothers you to be too wealthy in game... then walk your talk... go spend your wallet on expensive items on the GTN... then Delete the items. Your personal wealth issue is solved. As for every other player.. let Bioware manage the credit float IMO.

Edited by Andryah

I have over 600M credits, and about 200M in held items (and there are thousands who are wealthier them me) You could soak the game to the ends of time and it would not affect me. I have personal skin in this discussion, but your point of view definitely is worth of some rebuttal. The only party that can even assess, much less actually control, the credit float in game is Bioware, and 4 years in, they have done a pretty good job keeping the credit float under control.

I think rather then conventional money sinks, a better approuch would be to bring in a limited time vendor that soild some stuff that would have high demand to sink it. much like they did with the saber crystal vendor. cause that's what they need to do, get people sitting on insane amounts of credits to spend those credits. and ideally take them out of circulation.

I

Now, if it really bothers you to be too wealthy in game... then walk your talk... go spend your wallet on expensive items on the GTN... then Delete the items. Your personal wealth issue is solved. As for every other player.. let Bioware manage the credit float IMO.

That just moves credits around. It doesn't remove them from the economy.

I think rather then conventional money sinks, a better approuch would be to bring in a limited time vendor that soild some stuff that would have high demand to sink it. much like they did with the saber crystal vendor. cause that's what they need to do, get people sitting on insane amounts of credits to spend those credits. and ideally take them out of circulation.

YES! That's my idea exactly! So let's brainstorm. Got any ideas for such items?

Edited by Caelrie