when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

watermelonfan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point i think this thread is just a troll, seriously no-one makes this much of a fuss on such a minor visual bug.

And in the off-chance that you aren't trolling, do you know how hard it is to fix bugs in mmo's? literally some code from last year could be causing this and they have to look through it all.

In a Star Wars game, light sabers changing colors when used is not a minor visual bug. It's a major one.

But that's just it. I would find it hilarious that you found it necessary to whine for 1000 pages over something that is so minor, it can hardly be considered an "issue." Especially not to the level (game breaking) you love to claim it is.

How can this be minor? It is very very very noticeable. Therefore, it is a major issue, not a minor issue.

You clearly don't know what a spam is. This is a very very very serious thread. If they delete it then I will just remake it.

No it really isn't a serious thread, you are the only one making it serious. Also if you re create the thread after they remove it you will be sanctioned and unable to make any threads. So then what will you do then?

Temporary solution if you have one: a white crystal seems to stay white most of the time. It's pretty rare it changes to anything else, dispatch being what usually does it. I was using green before, and that was turning all sorts of colors often.

Unfortunately I don't care for the color white. And for me it turns white about 50% of the time. all the other times it turns other random colors.

No it really isn't a serious thread, you are the only one making it serious. Also if you re create the thread after they remove it you will be sanctioned and unable to make any threads. So then what will you do then?

I will keep emailing them until they let me make threads again. Its quite simple.

While you may believe in your own mind (and it's your right to do so), that the colour change on the lightsabers is a major issue, please understand that Bioware and/or EA will only see this as a minor issue, as it does not affect the actual gameplay within the game (in that, the ability works, hits its target as intended, and so forth). There are no major issues associated with the bug (as in, does not cause the client to crash, does not cause enemies to despawn/evade, etc.). The only thing you can do is simply, wait. Whether patiently, or impatiently, is entirely up to you, but they will fix it, when they fix it. No sooner, no later. It may be next week, it may be another month, and it may need another year before the issue gets addressed. There's really nothing you can do about until then. You can keep harping about it and wasting your breath on the forums, you can unsub, or you can simply play the game, and simply try to ignore it. that's it, that's all. There's no silver lining here, other than, just wait for them to fix it.

I also consider it really bad service for an obnoxious graphical bug like this to go unfixed for 3 months and for no bioware employee to respond to it. The fact that I keep going on about it shows how upset I am. Because of me many people have commented on this thread about how much they hate this glitch. Bioware should send me an exclusive in game item to compensate me for the terrible service they are providing me right now. They should send me an item such as a black-cyan or black-white crystal (black core and white on the outside). That would buy my silence if they did that. At that point they wouldn't even have to fix this glitch. If they would rather do that I could overlook this glitch. Otherwise they need fix this glitch very soon.

While you may believe in your own mind (and it's your right to do so), that the colour change on the lightsabers is a major issue, please understand that Bioware and/or EA will only see this as a minor issue, as it does not affect the actual gameplay within the game (in that, the ability works, hits its target as intended, and so forth). There are no major issues associated with the bug (as in, does not cause the client to crash, does not cause enemies to despawn/evade, etc.). The only thing you can do is simply, wait. Whether patiently, or impatiently, is entirely up to you, but they will fix it, when they fix it. No sooner, no later. It may be next week, it may be another month, and it may need another year before the issue gets addressed. There's really nothing you can do about until then. You can keep harping about it and wasting your breath on the forums, you can unsub, or you can simply play the game, and simply try to ignore it. that's it, that's all. There's no silver lining here, other than, just wait for them to fix it.

unfortunately you are probably right about this. But I don't like to give up. I am going to keep fighting because I consider it very unacceptable to let this bug go on for 3 months, Unless Bioware gives me a heck of a deal to make up for it.

I highly doubt it and I wouldn't hold your breath on it. Bugs are bugs, this is a thing across all MMO's major and minor. They happen, this is a simple fact. They get fixed, when they get around to it. As it stands, you're also in a position to make a decision here to, based on two options. Play, or don't play. It doesn't get any more cut and dry than that. Fact is, they have more important things to worry about (and Christmas season is also upon us which is going to delay things for a little bit) before they address something like this, which, they would see as minor.

And believe me, having been here since beta (with the exception of a timeframe between Mach and now, which I re-subbed only a week or so ago), addressing bugs as vocally as you are on here, really gets you nowhere. Many other people have tried, and have been given the same unresponsive cold shoulder as they're wont (sp?) to do. But that's not to say that the issue won't get fixed. It'll just get fixed when they decide that it fits into their bug fixing agenda. It's not like they aren't fixing bugs, and you have to admit, even for yourself, that they've been doing a decent job (maybe not outstanding, but decent), at getting rid of some of the problematic areas of the game (Anyone remember Eternity Vault Pylon puzzle when the pylons would no longer respond?).

Anyways, I hope, as a fellow player, that this bug gets resolved sooner rather than later, but I prefer to take a realistic and more conservative approach, in that this kind of bug, so long as it doesn't cause multitudes of players the inability to actually play the game (immersion is not included in this). Which approach you take, is your right. That's about all I can give. it's not exactly positive, but I hope that I don't come across as negative either, I just prefer to remain on the realistic side of things, and not let the littler things like this bother me. (My opinion only)

Am I the only one that, at this point, hopes they never fix the "issue" so that this topic can continue on ad infinitum?

I'm hoping they don't fix it because I've grown to to like it.

If they fix this then they have no reason not to fix Kallig's Countenance.

It's hardly noticeable (unless you're looking for it), and doesn't effect gameplay in the slightest. It's minor.

Its obnoxiously noticeable. Anyone that does not notice it is either blind, color blind ,or very unaware of their surroundings. If your that unaware then you should not be playing this game because this game requires you to be aware of your surroundings. If you can't do that then you will not perform well in this game.

And BTW this glitch doesn't only affect a lightsaber when thrown. It also makes the companion T7's lasers turn white 100% of the time no matter what color crystal he is using. I'm sorry but, Anyone that has not noticed that glitch should not be allowed to breed. Edited by watermelonfan

It's hardly noticeable (unless you're looking for it), and doesn't effect gameplay in the slightest. It's minor.

I never had to look for it to notice it. The first time I saw this glitch I thought it was someone else's lightsaber and thought my lightsaber didn't get thrown.

And this is not a minor glitch. It is extraordinaryly noticeable and annoying. anyone that is half blind and half aware of their surroundings can see it.

Edited by watermelonfan

If they do that then I can make a new email which won't go to their junk mail. You see, there are usually work arounds. I'm a very smart person.

Yeah that did not sound arrogant. I'm much smarter than a major corporate company and I can find ways of doing their own system engineers can't. Seriously dude that is kinda lame.

• 3 weeks later...