Keybinding cheats bots

Darkrebellord

Let take the keybinding cheat bots moves out of warzones and put everyone on the same level playing field lets see who really plays swtor war zones fairly and honestly :mad:

I assume you’re referring to macro’s, report if suspicious and move on.

Edited by Spintrec

If your talking about using macro keys on an mmo mouse, theres nothing wrong with that, it's only a problem if you get a macro program that automatically executes abilities, I guess your a clicker who is just too slow to react and ends up getting globalled?

Macroing in swtor is useless. Name a macro you would make that gives you any kind of edge over keybinding and being good.

Regardless of player skill, I can see how macros could be beneficial especially when used in conjunction with abilities that are off the GCD.

Let's take scoundrels in a raid, for example. If they were to create an opener macro with Alac Relic + Pugnacity + adrenal + raid buff + holotraverse + backblast, they would then have a very consistent opener without having to mash 6 buttons in rapid succession.

As for pvp, I think macros would be less beneficial because players don't use set rotations (unless free-casting, i guess) and are always moving around and using different abilities like stuns, roots, slows, off-heals, knockbacks, etc.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I find myself looking at my action bars far more than is ideal, but if we were forced to play by clicking?...I'd just quit. :cool:

NO CLICKING! Woof....i could not imagine. It took me FOREVER to:

1) Train the brain to be able to play each class without having to look at action bars.

2) Set up my UI so it would mimic the mouse. (I had not idea how to manipulate the UI at first)

I am going to let everyone in on a dirty little secret...lol...I was a clicker during the 8vs8 days! :eek:

Macroing in swtor is useless. Name a macro you would make that gives you any kind of edge over keybinding and being good.

Attempting to use Furious Power before any relevant attack for Jugg/Maras.

There's a handful more but yeah there aren't many.

I find myself looking at my action bars far more than is ideal, but if we were forced to play by clicking?...I'd just quit. :cool:

I used to click in WoW while reaching for the 1-4 keys to hit certain skills waaaaaay back when I was a kid......I don't know how I ever got away with pvping like that lol. Playing a fire mage probably helped a bit lol.

I bought a razer naga back in 2011 specifically for swtor and I never looked back. What a game changer that was lol.

Yes. Clicking is power.

I think basketball is unfair too - players should stop shooting 3 pointers if a rival team has low budget and cant afford snipers.

Tall people should walk on their knees to not abuse short people.

How dare you get bigger salary than me - I click in my job and I NEVER use ctrl+c to copy. I aways right click. You idiotic keybinders do not work with honor. Wanna see who can click better? I can click 350 times per minute! Hah, yea *****, run away.

NO CLICKING! Woof....i could not imagine. It took me FOREVER to:

1) Train the brain to be able to play each class without having to look at action bars.

2) Set up my UI so it would mimic the mouse. (I had not idea how to manipulate the UI at first)

I am going to let everyone in on a dirty little secret...lol...I was a clicker during the 8vs8 days! :eek:

Yeah, I am still learning. Sometimes, in moments of particular clarity or inspiration, I am able to play without looking at the action bars at all...but old habits die hard...:eek:

I used to click in WoW while reaching for the 1-4 keys to hit certain skills waaaaaay back when I was a kid......I don't know how I ever got away with pvping like that lol. Playing a fire mage probably helped a bit lol.

I bought a razer naga back in 2011 specifically for swtor and I never looked back. What a game changer that was lol.

I have a chroma, and it helps. Learning to look at action bars with just peripheral vision is proving challenging. Maybe I will never learn, but I gotta keep trying.

Yeah, I am still learning. Sometimes, in moments of particular clarity or inspiration, I am able to play without looking at the action bars at all...but old habits die hard...:eek:

I have a chroma, and it helps. Learning to look at action bars with just peripheral vision is proving challenging. Maybe I will never learn, but I gotta keep trying.

I’ve small hands, even for a girl. So KB’ing has always been a challenge, even on mice because I use a palm grip and not claw grip, so most mice that are MMO or MOBA are not suitable for me.

So I’m more of a “hybrid” KB/clicker. If you can find a mouse that’s comfortable and with enough buttons, you can KB all the most used and important abilities that you use in PVP when you are moving. Ie, if it’s a castable one that you have to remain static / stand still to use, you can consider not KB’ing it. This is what I do on some abilities on certain classes that have more abilities than others. Ie, snipers have more ability bloat than say an Assassin has, so its easy to KB all the Assassins abilities for me, but not all the snipers.

Another option I use is to add KB modifiers. Ie, say you can KB 6 buttons on your mouse, 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. If you add shift key +1,2,3,4,5,6 to an ability, all you need to do is hold down shift and click one of those mouse keys and it’s now a different ability for that mouse button. This way you double the mouse buttons on your mouse. But you can take it further and add other modifiers and use the ctrl key or Alt key instead of shift. Essentially, you can triple the buttons on your mouse (if you are not using those modifiers keys for something else in the game and you have big enough hands to reach all 3 keys while playing).

Personally, I can’t reach the Alt key as easily as I can the shift and ctrl keys. So I only have 2 modifiers to use on my mouse KBs.

I’ve small hands, even for a girl. So KB’ing has always been a challenge, even on mice because I use a palm grip and not claw grip, so most mice that are MMO or MOBA are not suitable for me.

So I’m more of a “hybrid” KB/clicker. If you can find a mouse that’s comfortable and with enough buttons, you can KB all the most used and important abilities that you use in PVP when you are moving. Ie, if it’s a castable one that you have to remain static / stand still to use, you can consider not KB’ing it. This is what I do on some abilities on certain classes that have more abilities than others. Ie, snipers have more ability bloat than say an Assassin has, so its easy to KB all the Assassins abilities for me, but not all the snipers.

Another option I use is to add KB modifiers. Ie, say you can KB 6 buttons on your mouse, 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. If you add shift key +1,2,3,4,5,6 to an ability, all you need to do is hold down shift and click one of those mouse keys and it’s now a different ability for that mouse button. This way you double the mouse buttons on your mouse. But you can take it further and add other modifiers and use the ctrl key or Alt key instead of shift. Essentially, you can triple the buttons on your mouse (if you are not using those modifiers keys for something else in the game and you have big enough hands to reach all 3 keys while playing).

Personally, I can’t reach the Alt key as easily as I can the shift and ctrl keys. So I only have 2 modifiers to use on my mouse KBs.

Excellent suggestions. Thank you. :)

Many of those I already employ. The only things I click are mount, buffs, my heal (meditation or whatever is called--out of combat whatchamacallit), and instant transport thing. My chief problem is timing. I don't know, for the life of me, how people just know when attacks are on cd, when they're active and so forth without at least glancing at the bars, or using peripheral vision. Combat is easier, because it is simple. With Fanged God Form, it is even easier...and something to which I must acclimate myself at the same time. Still getting used to it.

My hands are small, but thick due to the kind of gym training I have done for so many years. They're not too flexible or dexterous (my mind ain't that nimble either). I have a Razor Chroma, but I can only use 9 of the side buttons for two reasons: a) thumb will not reach comfortably to keys 10, 11, and 12, and even if I could, b) I'd lose track of where the placement is quickly.

The more I type, the more noobish I am sounding. Hey, I might as well own it, right?

Timing again. Sometimes I miss Precision because...I dunno...it just does not activate and I am using Clashing Blast without precision which is nuts because it must not be used without Precision. But why do I miss Precision? Who knows. Either I did not press it hard enough being so eager to get to Dispatch or Clashing blast, or a "glitch" in the system. Precision is not on the gcd, so it should not be a timing thing. If it is me (likely) it must be that I am fat fingering something else without realizing it.

So those are the primary reasons I find myself looking at the action bar longer than I like. It does improve with time, I but I fear I will never be like the professionals who are able to play without ever looking. Ah, to dream, though. To dream.

Please elaborate on what kind of macro you can make on Swtor to actually be an advantage for someone using it.

I imagine popping adrenals and relics would be useful...but I can't think of many situations a macro would work well in swtor.