Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Resistance -Season 1 discussion thread- Spoilers for each episode released

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Resistance -Season 1 discussion thread- Spoilers for each episode released

Celise
10.22.2018 , 03:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by HaltHammerzeit View Post
Yeah, this is the problem I have with it at the moment. It's more a kid's show than I remember Rebels or Clone Wars being. Both of them started off slow and built but this just seems like it's meant for kids and is going to stay that way.
The major difference between rebels and clone wars vs resistance is that the clone wars started right off in the middle of the conflict between seperatists and republic and the emperor making his moves in the background. and rebels was also right in the middle of it with the imperials being under an imperial occupation. after a few episodes with resistance it is no closer to showing its hand than it was at the start, other than the stupidity and clumisness of the main character, the only thing it has shown is how to miss the point so early compared to the others.

HaltHammerzeit
10.22.2018 , 08:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
The major difference between rebels and clone wars vs resistance is that the clone wars started right off in the middle of the conflict between seperatists and republic and the emperor making his moves in the background. and rebels was also right in the middle of it with the imperials being under an imperial occupation. after a few episodes with resistance it is no closer to showing its hand than it was at the start, other than the stupidity and clumisness of the main character, the only thing it has shown is how to miss the point so early compared to the others.
Yeah, why would you send a kid like that in as a spy? He'd be found out in minutes. At least in Rebels Ezra had the rest of the Ghost crew to learn from and Askoha had the other Jedi, but this kid has nobody to learn from, just a single adult that keeps saying he doesn't want to get involved (which will mean that he does get involved at some point)

annabethchase
10.23.2018 , 08:33 PM | #13
Well, episode 3 was a big step backwards. So many physical comedy elements that just don't feel funny at all coming from a grown character. I really thought they were centered on an adult this time to not be so campy. This set back my estimate of the timeline of getting to actual Resistance vs. First Order content to at least season 2.

I also was pretty disappointed not to really be able to recognize Elijah Wood's voice. Seems a waste to bring in a big name and not really show that off.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

AhsokaTanorules
10.30.2018 , 06:46 AM | #14
I absolutely despise the ST universe that Abrams has started...but if anyone can turn garbage into gold when it comes to Star Wars it is Dave Filoni and I hope he can even do something with this era.

That being said I am digging the series so far...Gotta wonder if any of the characters here might be part of the group they are heading towards in Ep 9. Also don't know about you guys but to me, Niku is a way worse comedic alien than Jar Jar Binks and I gotta say he might be my least favorite Filoni character as of now. I find him to be as intelligence depriving as say Todd from Bojack Horseman.

MadDutchman
10.30.2018 , 09:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
I absolutely despise the ST universe that Abrams has started...but if anyone can turn garbage into gold when it comes to Star Wars it is Dave Filoni and I hope he can even do something with this era.

That being said I am digging the series so far...Gotta wonder if any of the characters here might be part of the group they are heading towards in Ep 9. Also don't know about you guys but to me, Niku is a way worse comedic alien than Jar Jar Binks and I gotta say he might be my least favorite Filoni character as of now. I find him to be as intelligence depriving as say Todd from Bojack Horseman.
I think Filoni's involvement in this series is actually somewhat limited, since he's also busy with the Mandalorian live action show.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

annabethchase
11.04.2018 , 09:54 PM | #16
Ok, so we're getting somewhere with the plot. Didn't Kaz complete his mission in this one? Wasn't he just supposed to identify who was working with the first order. Mission accomplished.

The constant scenarios of Kaz acting like a 10 year old with no idea what a ship is has to stop. He can't even turn a wrench left? come on
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Celise
11.06.2018 , 02:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Ok, so we're getting somewhere with the plot. Didn't Kaz complete his mission in this one? Wasn't he just supposed to identify who was working with the first order. Mission accomplished.

The constant scenarios of Kaz acting like a 10 year old with no idea what a ship is has to stop. He can't even turn a wrench left? come on
So he finally found the spy? about time.

Now you know how i feel about this after the first three episodes: it is a bit of a joke how anyone can be that clumsy in every episode. i really hope this isn't the norm for every season!

HaltHammerzeit
11.09.2018 , 12:37 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
So he finally found the spy? about time.

Now you know how i feel about this after the first three episodes: it is a bit of a joke how anyone can be that clumsy in every episode. i really hope this isn't the norm for every season!
Technically he didn't find any spy.

Spoiler

Rebamcfan
11.09.2018 , 02:12 PM | #19
Spoiler

Regardless, the Resistance is getting more intriguing with each episode. Captain Doza is interesting character.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

Celise
11.09.2018 , 03:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by HaltHammerzeit View Post
Technically he didn't find any spy.

Spoiler
redirect the quote to reply #16 instead of myself. i stopped watching after episode 3, so i'm relying on information from someone else. If they got it wrong, you should chastise them for it.