Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Resistance -Season 1 discussion thread- Spoilers for each episode released

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Resistance -Season 1 discussion thread- Spoilers for each episode released

annabethchase
10.13.2018 , 08:42 PM | #1
This storyline got going much faster than I saw many of us speculating. I love that in the first half of the first episode we saw:
The First Order
Poe Dameron
BB-8
General Organa
So, we instantly got grounded into the Resistance/FO dynamics. It's been reported that this show is set approximately 6 months before Ep7 so we have an obvious chance that this show catches up to the movies in a season or 2.

I'm most interested in the plot, so that's what I'm going to talk about here. Kazuda Xiono, our new hero, is tasked with becoming a Resistance Spy in order to root out a spy for the first order. He's reminding me a bit of Theron Shan right off the bat. There was no real hints in episode 1 as to who the spy might be, but it did sound as if Xiono's father, a Republic Senator, might be a Centrist politican. This is the party that has some First Order leanings so it will be interesting to see how that comes into play.

How did you all like the 1st episode? Thoughts on it?
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Rebamcfan
10.13.2018 , 11:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
This storyline got going much faster than I saw many of us speculating. I love that in the first half of the first episode we saw:
The First Order
Poe Dameron
BB-8
General Organa
So, we instantly got grounded into the Resistance/FO dynamics. It's been reported that this show is set approximately 6 months before Ep7 so we have an obvious chance that this show catches up to the movies in a season or 2.

I'm most interested in the plot, so that's what I'm going to talk about here. Kazuda Xiono, our new hero, is tasked with becoming a Resistance Spy in order to root out a spy for the first order. He's reminding me a bit of Theron Shan right off the bat. There was no real hints in episode 1 as to who the spy might be, but it did sound as if Xiono's father, a Republic Senator, might be a Centrist politican. This is the party that has some First Order leanings so it will be interesting to see how that comes into play.

I agree with above fully. I was bit skeptical towards the Resistance-series in general at first, but its warming up to me after seeing all three episodes.
I liked the small nods towards the general lore such as mentioning the battles of Scarif and Jakku. Kaz's father, he could very well be an advocate for FO, or then just a father who is concerned about his son.
I really like BB-8 so I was happy that he got onto adventure with Kaz, he's hilarious (and cute) again.
I hope that the series will expand greatly upon the Resistance-First Order-conflict, seeing Starkiller Base gave me chills.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

DarthDymond
10.14.2018 , 12:57 PM | #3
I've seen "The Recruit" and "The Triple Dark" but haven't watched "Fuel for the Fire" yet. So far it seems a bit uneven, IMO, but no worse than TCW's 'adventures with Stinky the Hutt' debut or Rebels' first episodes.

The way they went about setting all the pieces into place for the premise of the series to work felt pretty clunky (or at least rushed) to me, the execution of the slapstick humor was pretty jarring, and I find one of the major supporting characters more annoying than entertaining, but at the same time I like what they're doing within the structure they've set up once it got rolling and a good number of characters they introduced so far seem enjoyable and/or intriguing.

Planning to stick with it for now.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

annabethchase
10.16.2018 , 08:14 PM | #4
Triple Dark Episode:

Ok, this one was fun. Best part was seeing that the Aces aren't just show pilots, they have combat skills. I'm certainly feeling a good bit better about this series not having to crawl before they can learn to run. These characters already have skill so we just need to get to the right point in the plot to see some Resistance v. First Order action. Although I suppose we don't know for sure 1 or more of them might not be First Order.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Sith-Viscera
10.16.2018 , 09:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
The First Order
Poe Dameron
BB-8
General Organa

Im 20 minutes into the first hour and im bored thinking of dropping it. but i will give it 2 more episodes b4 i do.
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

Celise
10.18.2018 , 09:34 AM | #6
i've watched the pilot and the second episode and so far it has been an utter waste of time, it has nothing to do with the first order or the resistance so far. right now it is about the stupidty and clumisness of the main character which has gotten old very fast.

see what episode three is about...
Edit: ..and it is more of the same. so yeah, i'm done with resistance. i knew it was gonna be garbage before it airred and it turns out it is garbage in more ways than one.

Rebamcfan
10.19.2018 , 10:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
i've watched the pilot and the second episode and so far it has been an utter waste of time, it has nothing to do with the first order or the resistance so far. right now it is about the stupidty and clumisness of the main character which has gotten old very fast.

see what episode three is about...
Edit: ..and it is more of the same. so yeah, i'm done with resistance. i knew it was gonna be garbage before it airred and it turns out it is garbage in more ways than one.
It may not seem to have anything to do with the Resistance-First Order-conflict yet, but there are few things to consider:
Spoiler

I'm positive that as the series will progress we will get to see more.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

akdonkey
10.21.2018 , 02:54 PM | #8
I have watched 3 episodes I know its aimed at children and it really shows. It's just to Kiddie for me. Even when I was a kid I did not watch the Ewoks or Droids for the same reason. I'm done.

annabethchase
10.21.2018 , 04:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by akdonkey View Post
I have watched 3 episodes I know its aimed at children and it really shows. It's just to Kiddie for me. Even when I was a kid I did not watch the Ewoks or Droids for the same reason. I'm done.
I can understand that. The previous 2 shows have aged up each season so hopefully it reaches a satisfying point.

HaltHammerzeit
10.21.2018 , 06:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by akdonkey View Post
Yeah, this is the problem I have with it at the moment. It's more a kid's show than I remember Rebels or Clone Wars being. Both of them started off slow and built but this just seems like it's meant for kids and is going to stay that way.

I also don't like that BB-8 is around. He's Poe's droid, what's he doing with this kid? It'd be like Rebels going 'We need an astromech, people know R2, right? Let's put him in there'. It's a disservice to the show to put an established movie character in as a main character. I'm all for cameos (it makes sense story wise for Poe to be in the first episode and disappear) but you need to let it stand on its own with its own characters.

Then there's also the point that BB-8 is already flying around with Poe in the Poe Dameron comics looking for Lor San Tekka.