LOL NiM DG Nerfed again

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the grand scheme of things, very few groups have managed to get through the fight. The original nerf came too quickly. This one, not so much. There does have to be some kind of balance between making the content challenging for the hardcore of the hardcore, and also making it accessible to a decent portion of the player base.

Given how few guilds have been able to get this fight, relative to the number who have gotten NiM SV, this seems appropriate. I mean, I'm all in favor of really hard content (I'd prefer that the entire TfB instance be as hard as DG), but the DG difficulty has been a bit out of line w.r.t. the other NiM bosses. Even balance >>> uneven challenge.

Eh...I am a little disheartened to hear that Thrasher has been nerfed for the post 50%, as well as the Dread Guards because those fights were truly a nightmare that tested a lot of guilds and really separated good raid teams from the best, but I suppose the Nightmare content change isn't for everyone. Still, hopefully this will give some other guilds a chance to see the other fights that haven't had the opportunity yet.

In the grand scheme of things, very few groups have managed to get through the fight. The original nerf came too quickly. This one, not so much. There does have to be some kind of balance between making the content challenging for the hardcore of the hardcore, and also making it accessible to a decent portion of the player base.

However, it goes without saying that I disagree with the posts in here like the above one due to the fact that Nightmare content should only be for, as you state, the hardcore raiders. The gear that drops from these instances will be able to be reverse engineered when the next Operation comes out, in addition to being dropped from SM due to the fact that a new set of gear is getting placed into the Dread Fortress/Palace on HM. Let the guilds that work hard for this content be the ones who deserve their moment. As I said before, this is the sort of material that separates good guilds from great ones.

But anyways, enough ranting. Can't wait to see some kills on the 16-man threads and some new videos now that the fights are easier! Good luck all!

Edited by OriginalTomoka

Eh...I am a little disheartened to hear that Thrasher has been nerfed for the post 50%, as well as the Dread Guards because those fights were truly a nightmare that tested a lot of guilds and really separated good raid teams from the best, but I suppose the Nightmare content change isn't for everyone. Still, hopefully this will give some other guilds a chance to see the other fights that haven't had the opportunity yet.

51% 16-man Nightmare Thrasher burn phase. Often imitated, never duplicated. ;)

Can't wait to see some kills on the 16-man threads and some new videos! Good luck all!

Not sure how the fixing of two bugs in Thrasher is a nerf. Unless you are reading a different set of patch notes, I don't see any nerf in there. Maybe I am missing something?

Edited by izmirtheastarach

Not sure how the fixing of two bugs in Thrasher is a nerf. Unless you are reading a different set of patch notes, I don't see any nerf in there. Maybe I am missing something?

Not having damage go up to the groups on the snipers post 50% will make that phase so much easier. To me, I feel that is a nerf, though who knows it could still be hard. :confused:

I guess I am reading that as suggesting that people who are already on the top ring will not be knocked up and damaged during the double add phase, since they are already up there.

The clear bug fix I approve of though. It too awhile to get used to that rocket popping so fast.

Edited by izmirtheastarach

Not having damage go up to the groups on the snipers post 50% will make that phase so much easier. To me, I feel that is a nerf, though who knows it could still be hard. :confused:

You still have to go up, you just don't get affected by Thrasher's main AoE. So, it's a slight nerf, but arguably merited since it "penalized" the players on the wall for a mechanic intended for those actually near Thrasher.

The demolitionist "nerf" is definitely a bugfix. Won't miss that one… Sure, it made the fight harder, but so did the double tick lightning balls back on pre-1.2 Soa. Fights should be hard because of intended mechanics, not because of unintended implementation flaws.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I'm pretty sure this is how it was originally intended, so I consider it a bug fix if anything. But that is not the trouble with 16 man - as you know , it is more about the sniper damage than the stomp. I could be wrong, certainly look forward to trying it on Tuesday.

I think the DG change is a good thing. Somewhere in the basement at BW the bean counters are going... OMG only 1% of the mass of players completing this NiM Boss fight. We must have added wrong. LOL The LAST BOSS should be one that is as HARD as DG pre NERF 1 and this nerf. That would be the RIGHT thing for future NiM content. So people are not stone walled 20% into NiM content and halted. (Yes I know you can SKIP via HM Trick - But they need to fix that and separate NiM/HMt out. Plus it takes away from your chances to rework later in week)

We got Kelsara down a couple times pretty low, but enraged near the end constantly. Did manage to handle 16man NiM DW with a SIN tank. Some plus/minus to that, but it works.

Yep. I have lots of friends who I know would like to be able to get through some of this content. Hopefully this helps.

For those of us who participate in the competitive progression and are looking for a serious challenge, it would be ideal if each boss fight was more difficult then the previous one. DGs was a big hump at the beginning, which is not really how things should work. So while I do want very difficult fights, some linear progression would be nice.

yeah it says the "stomp dmg" wnot affect them, this means that annoying stomp he does after roar wont hit people up top, this help for the whole fight, more to the groups that have full groups up top (8 man at least)... but roar and enraged roar both will still hit up top.. thing is, upstairs will be avoiding those 8-10k w/e dmg stomps while getting snipers, which make sense, and will make it just slightly easier, the reticle fix was needed, really annoying.... Dg agree with the guy up top, from best fight ever, to hard fight, now lets see nerf %, will just be another fight... free titles for everyone here we go!

Fair enough on the Thrasher points, though to me I still feel it is a nerf.

On another note, I still believe the Dread Guards should not be nerfed. Downing this fight as a Healer in 16-man Nightmare was literally one of the greatest accomplishments I felt in this game since its launch all the way back in 2011. Jarg and Sorno 16-man Nightmare was also an insane healing fight (I am sure we all remember), and Nightmare EC Kephess on 8-man right when he dropped down from the walker was also some of the most intense heals and perfection needed in the game. This fight though, the Dread Guards, just surpasses that in every way. I am sure any 8-man Healer or the like will agree that this fight changes you as a raider, a point to this day I still strongly believe. I am glad I got to experience this fight on both 8 and 16-man before the first nerf.

That being said, I wasn't too offended when they nerfed the enrage timer. The fights damage was still there, and it required a lot of focus and a lot of attention to details. Tanks had to swap perfectly, pop defensive CDs perfectly, and coordinate movement in Phase 3 down to a tee. DPS checks in 8-man and 16-man were insane. I remember 8-man videos and seeing the DPS check that those guilds put out. Again, congratulations to them. In 16-man I remember Heirad in Phase 1 hitting like a truck, Ciphas and Kel'sara in Phase 2 eating away at our Tanks, and Phase 3 making melee DPS look like professionals. Now all of it is simply taken away.

To nerf a small bug is fine, to nerf an enrage timer in the tiniest bit is fine, but to quite literally take the fight and shove a big "easy" button right into the middle of it when it took so much coordination as a guild to down this for both 8 and 16-man guilds, I feel defeated. I feel ashamed that Bioware would do something like this, and it does sadden me. Instead of nerfing it, I would have kept it the same and allowed guilds to come back after the new Operations are released with some 75 on their belt and down the fight then, but to give up now and nerf this fight the way it is being nerfed seems unreal.

This is my opinion I guess, yet I am sure many guilds feel the same way about this. :(

Edited by OriginalTomoka

You guys ignore the last set in your video? Confused

So pissed. The team I'm on was having trouble in third phase with adds. We don't need a *********** break for the dps to stick their thumbs up their *** even more. *********** bioware. No heart in challenging content.

Interesting and colorful at the same time. :D

As a HEALER I thought it was about right as this one has been one of the more difficult fights to heal. Getting a 3rd Storm was a pain, but you can usually prevent that 3rd one with good DPS group.

It's ********. There are a lot of good 16 man guilds who are trying to clear this as is and still it's getting nerfed. It's not a super hard fight as it is. It just needs coordination and a well stacked team of players. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of DG kills tomorrow on all of our server forums... Though it shouldn't be that way.

Man, my guild had fun trying to beat NIM DGC and it made us improve ourselves. And no we haven't beaten it yet. Why the nerf? I'm pretty sure if everyone optimizes their gear and becomes more aware during encounters that they can beat it.

I protest against this nerf, not needed and not wanted by a lot of people.

I don't get where the challenge is on killing npcs /mobs . :rak_02:

hmm i do not get this kind of mentality towards PVE (in this specific game). In WOW for example, during the time i played that game , vanilla + tbc + wotlk, i dont recall seeing posts or even threads or topics discussing the ease and lol of robot killing, scripted npc fightning, PVE.

are swtor pvp players (even those who never played wow) this anti- PVE? lol. :confused: