The majority of my stronghold collections are gone after resetting my SH

RaithHarth

I never realized this removes or deletes the items you worked hard to get, was planning to restructure my stronghold and wanted to start over, but can't seem to do that now since the majority of my items that I worked hard to obtain are no longer there, and yes I even logged and relogged to try to see if that fixed the issue. Edited by RaithHarth

I never realized this removes or deletes the items you worked hard to get, was planning to restructure my stronghold and wanted to start over, but can't seem to do that now since the majority of my items that I worked hard to obtain are no longer there, and yes I even logged and relogged to try to see if that fixed the issue.

Resetting a stronghold does not remove the decorations from your collected decorations. I have reset rooms, I even reset an entire stronghold recently when I moved to Alderaan, and have never lost a decoration (other than the few that are still bugged, but even those are not gone, just not accessible at this time).

There is a common visual bug with the stronghold decorations window where it will not show any decorations. Try pressing U to open the Strongholds window, then click on Personal on the left side of the window under Decorations. This will open your personal decorations list. Make certain that the Category and Subcategory dropdowns are set to All, and you are set to Show All. Now, in the Filter, put a single space, and then clear the filter. Doing this will often, although not always, clear the display bug with the decorations window.

Yes, I have often had this happen if I use the 'search' function. It seems to get 'stuck' on the search. But as the above poster says, just clearing the search box and then putting a 'space' in the box will clear it up. (But I don't find the need to do anything else special besides that.)

I can only speculate that somehow, clearing a room causes the same glitch(?). 😏

Or of course, it could be a glitch and a bunch of your decos are actually gone. In that case, happy CS'ing. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...
Try pressing U to open the Strongholds window, then click on Personal on the left side of the window under Decorations..

Two questions from an amateur decorator:

- What determines the list of decorations that show up when one chooses Guild (instead of Personal) in above case?

- The list of decorations that show up when one chooses Personal, that’s all decorations unlocked or available across the entire legacy? Or only that character?

Two questions from an amateur decorator:

- What determines the list of decorations that show up when one chooses Guild (instead of Personal) in above case?

- The list of decorations that show up when one chooses Personal, that’s all decorations unlocked or available across the entire legacy? Or only that character?

Clicking on Guild will open the list of decorations for the guild. The decorations that show as unlocked in that list are the ones owned by the guild. Those decorations go with the guild, so the entire roster of members could change, or you could even sell the guild, and the decorations will still be there. The guild deco list is separate from your personal deco list, and in order to purchase a copy of a deco for your guild you need to find it in your personal list.

Personal decorations are a legacy unlock except in a few cases: companions, pets, and mounts. So any decorations that are unlocked on character A can be used by character B. That also means that a Rep side character can unlock a decoration, then you can log over to an Imp side character and purchase a copy of that deco for your Imp guild. Unless this has changed, because decorations are a legacy unlock if you copy a character to another server that will also copy over any decorations you have unlocked.