Team Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.3

CourtneyWoods

Principal Lead PvP Designer, Gabe Amatangelo gives us details about Ranked Warzones now available to try out on the Public Test Server:

Hi, I’m Gabe Amatangelo, Principal Lead PvP Designer, and I’m excited to tell you guys that Pre-Season One of Team Ranked Warzones is back on the Public Test Server! In the current Game Update 1.3 PTS build, you’ll find a new button in the Warzone queue window: Queue Team Ranked. This button is available to any player that is in a group of eight level 50 players, and allows that group to queue up for Team Ranked Warzones with a single click. Team Ranked Warzones can only be participated in by a full team of eight players. If any player drops out of the queue before a match is made, the team will need to find a replacement and re-queue.

Read More

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please fix the PvP raid frame before 1.3 goes live.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=447245

I think the PvP community should at the very least, be given some feedback on this issue, as there are no Dev posts commenting on the fact specifically. I'm glad many fixes/upgrades are coming with 1.3, but it is extremely important to see every member in a WZ setting.

Any comments?

Edited by Pistols

Additionally, we do intend to have a Solo Queue Ranked Warzone option in the future.

Awesome! Looking forward to 1.3 and even more so to solo q's

Now I really need to get my sniper to 50 :D

EDIT: I'd like to add that holding back on solo q's makes sense now. This way we will be grouped with players of similar rating after pre season. Kinda like how you need to do 50 practice matches for StarCraft before doing ranked ones. Would make even more sense to have in game voice chat for the randomly grouped ranked wzs.

Edited by Postalz

This part worries me a little.

We will not be pushing Team Ranked Warzones to the live game until we have significant PTS testing of the feature. Fortunately, those of you on the Public Test Server can now queue up for Team Ranked Warzones and test this feature out now. Be sure to submit any feedback to our PTS forum here.

Look, I can understand the reasoning behind this. But isn't that the whole point of a pre-season? To work out the bugs?

Just put the thing live, so then it can get tons of attention from the playerbase, and work things out then.

It's going to be very difficult to get any significant amount of testing done with Ranked Warzones if it requires multiple 8-man groups all queuing together to try it out.

This part worries me a little.

Look, I can understand the reasoning behind this. But isn't that the whole point of a pre-season? To work out the bugs?

Just put the thing live, so then it can get tons of attention from the playerbase, and work things out then.

It's going to be very difficult to get any significant amount of testing done with Ranked Warzones if it requires multiple 8-man groups all queuing together to try it out.

No the point of pre-season is to get people a rank and place them with people of equal skill for season one.

Can't it be both?

Hmm kinda but if theres a bug that messes up your rank, your kinda screwed for season one. Its just better and safer for them to get it properly first time, rather than release a beta test into the full game.

No the point of pre-season is to get people a rank and place them with people of equal skill for season one.

What's that crazy talk? Match making? HA! There is ZERO consideration given to your rank or your team rank when picking who you will fight. There is no match making system at all. And from what we say on test this weekends it's going to be the same few teams over and over again; some teams will win every match, some teams will lose every match, but that's never a consideration in who is going to play who.

Will WZ's finally stop randonly Dc'n people?

I mean really...at the rate WZ's have been, I'll have negative rating. :( I really think it's a bit BS-ish that if someone gets Dc'd that they should be punished - not like we want to Dc in a winning match...

Edited by Eillack

I didn't test it, so could someone tell me if leader of group/ops can FINALLY overwrite group members queued as solo?? This is REALLY annoying in 4 man group and I don't even wanna imagine 8 man ops with mess like that.

Please tell me it's fixed!

I didn't test it, so could someone tell me if leader of group/ops can FINALLY overwrite group members queued as solo?? This is REALLY annoying in 4 man group and I don't even wanna imagine 8 man ops with mess like that.

Please tell me it's fixed!

nope, the leader changes when you enter the WZ

My guild had plans to participate in the PT ranked wzs test but we didn't have enough people copied to PTS to do it. I would highly recommend another round of PTS copying followed by another ranked beta test event. Maybe give out a title or something to get participation.

I know a lot of pvpers would get behind helping test this feature if we had our team mates copied over and maybe a little incentive--we all want to see this feature work well.

It got pulled from 1.2 due to feedback that it was not working properly by those in the test server.

Then I fear for 1.3 on live servers.... it still has a lot of problems they need to address before it goes live...

Before Season One begins with official rankings, we intend to rank and post the players and guilds with top Pre-Season ratings. Season One will begin with completely new ratings. Additionally, we do intend to have a Solo Queue Ranked Warzone option in the future.

So your saying people will be able to try it out before the official season 1 and just farm medals and thus commendations and generally play poorly ( such as described in the post named " play to win VS play for medals" in the pvp forum?

Huh? ok so people play your pre-season and just suck down the medals for more comms and possible mvp votes to gain the best armor/items in the cheapest manner? Even with a loss and people just farming medals, it will be much more effective to get ranked wz comms.

Is this a way for your system to look good initially but in reality it is just a way to farm items much more cheaply? I mean with a loss, 50 rwz comms = 150 regular wz comms. Doing it this way people will just farm out the items they need in a much shorter amount of time, not caring whether they win or lose.

A really horrible loss will yield more rwz comms (figuring the conversion to reg wz comms) than a win in a reg wz. LOLz

Sorry but I'm calling you on really bad design. You've made swiss cheese!

Edited by Dein_Cathair

We are also introducing a concept to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ called ‘dual queuing’. With dual queuing, players will be able to queue for a normal Warzone, either by themselves or with a different group, while remaining queued for a Team Ranked Warzone with that group.

Queuing for a normal Warzone while waiting for a Team Ranked Warzone will not affect your position in the Ranked Warzone queue, and spots will be reserved in a Ranked Warzone match for players who are queued, but currently in a normal Warzone. Players who are in a Ranked Warzone match will not receive further invites for normal Warzones until they either play through the Ranked match, or leave the queue.

Can we get some clarification on this. Say I queue with 7 friends, but I myself also "dual queue" solo in a normal warzone. If i'm in a normal warzone ally my friends have to wait to get into a ranked warzone match until I'm done w/ my normal game? What if one of my friends gets into a normal warzone match, while im in my normal warzone match, does that mean my team has to wait for BOTH of us, who are in diffrent normal warzones to be completed before doing our ranked match? Or do you get the ranked pop up while in a normal game? I see my friends getting irritated having to wait for me to finish my game, thus forcing me to leave the normal game.

I dont think this sounds like a very good Idea. I would love some more facts on this topic in exactly how it would work.