When You Run Into You're Clone (PC CUSTOMIZATION) You Can Do More!

JakRoanin

So, the other day while rushing through the Fleet on Ebon Hawk in a mad dash of Heroics and gift giving, my Trooper was SHOCKED to find an exact clone of his baby sister. Yep my Shadow had been cloned by another Shadow! This is my way of saying that even with the thousands of combinations you can create there are PC clones running around and it will only get worse after Nov. 8th.

Now seriously, I'm not saying it's possible for every single person to not copy someone. I'm not stupid. But I had a talk with the Shadow Clone and we laughed and bounced off ways we could change things up. I ended up spending Cartel Coins to change my Shadow's Hair and Eyebrows. I don't want to be a clone!

So here are some things Clone Shadow and I thought of...

More hair colors!

You might be saying, "but there are all sorts of crazy colors for you." True, but I'm not talking about crazy hair colors I'm talking about natural ones. We don't even have a true blond! Also there is no dimension to any of the colors we have! I don't now what the design team is doing but the aesthetics are plain lazy! Is it so difficult to make a multidimensional hair color? MODDER's do it all the time.

PS. The same for the skin!

Tattoo's for everyone not just Mirialans and Troopers and Sith Humans!

Really this is just beyond comprehension! This should have been available since DAY 1. Also, make them able to be put anywhere on the body.

More Hairstyles. No there's not enough!

Jewelry for ALL races and SEXES! Don't say you can't, you've done it for Togruta, Cathar, Zabrak, Rattataki, and Twi'leks.

More Body Types.

Okay, I'll admit this might be very hard but it's something to consider.

More Facial Hair for Men and Cosmetics for Women!

Again, you KNOW you can do more!

Finally let the PC's have every eye color you've made!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dearth of good female hairstyles in particular is a source of frustration. They could add more natural colors, as well. They could do more blond shades, a lighter red (a strawberry blonde look), lighter brown, etc. I'd like to see more styles, especially for curly/wavy hair and long hair. I don't think it would work for all characters, but the braids Leia has in Empire Strikes Back (the short braid style on top of her head) would be nice, too.

A female Body Type 5 that is actually large, the way the Male T4 is.

Jewelry for men and women!

More cosmetics options.

I'd love more hair styles (my own still isn't in the game) and colors. There are tons of colors that could be added when you consider how many variants of green, purple, orange, pink, etc there are.

There are a million improvements and additions that could be made to alien races like Twi'lek, like cosmetics being separate from patterns just to name one.

And speaking of separate, eyebrows and eyelashes should have at least a few color options. Big brown eyebrows tend to ruin a lot of looks, in particular for characters using unnatural hair colors. When I was younger and dyed my hair a lot, I'd solve that problem with a makeup pencil, wasn't hard.

More Body Types.

More Body Types is unlikely given that everything in the game is built around the ones that currently exist.

New body types that were the same height as one of the existing 8 types would solve the problem of the pre-scripted cutscenes all being animated and framed around the existing 8. That is doable, however there's still the issue that every existing armor set in the game would need to adjusted to fit the new body types and I don't see that ever happening.

More Body Types is unlikely given that everything in the game is built around the ones that currently exist.

New body types that were the same height as one of the existing 8 types would solve the problem of the pre-scripted cutscenes all being animated and framed around the existing 8. That is doable, however there's still the issue that every existing armor set in the game would need to adjusted to fit the new body types and I don't see that ever happening.

There is the slightly different body types that Arcann has, but I think it's the clothes that adds the padding over the body number 2, and Arcanns larger head/neck.

I'd love earrings in this game! Only Rattataki's have it.:mad:

Not quite true. There are at least two female customization options for at least some of the species with hair that gives the character earrings. If you select either the mohawk or the near identical short hair style without the mohawk the character will have three earrings in each ear. You can see it with Christa from the Bounty Hunter class story, who has the same hairstyle and earrings from the character creator.

As far as I can recall this is true for humans, Mirialans, and Chiss. I'm not sure about Cyborgs or Sith Purebloods.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Not quite true. There are at least two female customization options for at least some of the species with hair that gives the character earrings. If you select either the mohawk or the near identical short hair style without the mohawk the character will have three earrings in each ear.

As far as I can recall this is true for humans, Mirialans, and Chiss. I'm not sure about Cyborgs or Sith Purebloods.

Right I forgot about that! I'm just sad it's attached to that hair. It's not exactly nice.🎅

And the earrings aren't the best either.:o

For hairstyles I would LOVE more braids for Men and Women! A take on Celtic or Viking styles would be AWEOME! As for Jewelry, I want real 3D designs gemstones would be nice too. As for Cosmetics, a play on classic 40's makeup with a deep red lip, as well as shimmery deep rose gold tones would be nice.

And for a Hairstyle exclusively for the Fella's that high bun with bald top is no good, give us a full head of hair.

Right I forgot about that! I'm just sad it's attached to that hair. It's not exactly nice.🎅

And the earrings aren't the best either.:o

More customization options are always a good thing.

That said the species with hair are overall in a fairly good place. They have a ton of options compared to for example Twi'leks, who really only have four faces (!) to choose from per gender/body type combo. While other species get a variety of unique faces several of the Twi'lek choices are nearly identical except with some barely noticeable difference. This results in a lot of Twi'lek clones in the game.

If and when Bioware ever adds more customization options Twi'leks should be prioritized over humans and the aliens with hair, who have several times as many customization options already.

I'm excited for the merges! Upgraded hardware means better gameplay I hope. But if you think about it 2 LI's give you Jewery! Aric, and Vector give their girls gifts we never see or wear! Also Jewelry is a major companion gift, so give it to everyone. Also, new Head models are needed.

There is the slightly different body types that Arcann has, but I think it's the clothes that adds the padding over the body number 2, and Arcanns larger head/neck.

Arcann is using the same skeleton as Body Type 2 but with a custom mesh. Many characters in KOTFE are the same way, using an existing skeleton but with a new/custom mesh. This means they can use all the same animations as players (lightsabers, blasters, etc) with no problems. Height changes are what become problematic.

Regardless though introducing new body types still means means that all the existing armors would have to refitted to those new body types, which I don't think they're willing to do.

If they could add two more body types per gender, without actually causing even more clipping and object bleed with Wardrobes, I'd be all for it. That's lower on my list of priorities though...

Every once in a while, I'll take my Twi'lek to the Appearance mod, and sigh. The makeup on her I like is not available with the Lekku pattern I like. I must choose one or the other. One way to give us more customization is to break up more things that are linked. Instead of forcing me to choose Make Up [PLUS] Lekku patterning, even though I have a pretty solid 41 choices... even if there were only 20 possible Make Up choices and 20 Lekku Pattern choices... suddenly that 400 choices.

• 5 months later...

They need to fix the black hair on some of the styles, and if I may be so bold, hairstyles for men can be improved.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=Men's%20braids&rs=typed&term_meta[]=Men's%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=braids%7Ctyped

Also... https://www.pinterest.com/pin/701154235709972699/

As for cosmetics...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/555209460285368919/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/447545281696619081/

I would LOVE for Leia's Cloud City hairstyle to be made available. It's my favorite hair from any of the movies. Half my characters would sport it if they could.

I'd alslo like to see more long hair styles. There's no reason the long straight, pulled half up hair that is available for male characters can't also be used on female characters.

For my legacy long hair on both sexes is important. They shave their heads (and men grow facial hair in mourning) or not knowing if their mate is around or not...

I need more battle braids!

Celticish tattoos would help too!

• 8 months later...
I'd like them to just make separate sliders for face shape, noses, eyes, etc. Why have them all locked together. That would create a lot more variety to play with.

This would require a complete rewrite of how faces work. Right now they are locked together because they are all one model.

Possible, but would be a LOT of work, not worth the investment for them. (even if it would be very nice)