PvP is a disaster

Electroflux

He does make a good point. These are some serious issues bioware needs to work on before it loses pvp players. After six months depending on how an mmo is handled it can either die or live. If bioware wants to keep this game alive then seriously need to start listening to these issues and start release major patches and not the small ones they have been.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once... MMO's are balanced for max level PvP. It is physically impossible to balance the game for every level, without everyone playing one class.

If you don't like it and feel they have done such a bad job, WoW panda expansion is around the corner. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Wow, you must be playing a different game than the rest of us. The OP brings up some valid points. Why should he have to resort to leaving if the things he posted are clearly broken. Shame on you for suggesting WoW, that game is horrible.

I hate PvP, Wow ruined it for me. FFXIs PvP was a joke. At the attempt of humoring my Guild leader I tried it with him. Low-and-behold I enjoyed it... for a few matches... until I noticed that a level 19 could carry the ball from start to goal and when I tried it I get stunned and CC'd tell the cows come home. And I am a Sith Juggernaut! Blowing all my cool-downs, meds and my one break-out of CC ability.

Balanced teams? Don't make me laugh.. If you and 3 other buddies are level 50 and que up as a group. Well let's hope the other team has a bunch of 50s also cause you're going to roflstomp them. This keeps happening to me. I que up to do my daily and a guild of PvPers ( on a PvE server *** srsly? ) all level 50 are stomping the other team because they Que'd up as a group. I look at the levels of the team I am on.. 19, 25, 32, 41, and maybe another 50. Wow... I just leave, especially after 3 minutes they have 4 points and are farming kills.

Not being able to que for a certian PvP zone is also highly annoying. I very much enjoy the bomb run PvP map. That is a lot more fun than the lame Hutt ball.

My Guild leader told me that PvP gear atm is BiS for most classes on this game. As a PvE server player if this actually IS true... fix this. Immediately. Otherwise this game will lose a LOT of PvE players. I shouldn't HAVE to PvP on a PvE server, when all I want to do is Raid and kill HWBs, for gear that isn't even BiS....

I'm not trying to incite drama or even expecting any of you to agree. I am merely expressing my dislikes as a PvE'r attempting to do PvP on this game. If I don't express my opinions the game will never change. It's like voting for President. If you didn't vote you can't complain.

Other than PvP, I love this game. I'd marry it if EA / BW would allow it. Nothing more fun than being a Sith.

May the Force be with you!

Half the commenters on this thread didnt even read it lol..

He isnt saying " MY CHARACTER SUCKS OTHERS ARE MORE OP NEERF!

He is saying some Characters have serious animation trouble that makes them less than what they were intended..

How about you people read it.. 90% of his concerns are mechanics that simply arent working as intended, i completely agree with ALL OF IT! and no it proberly couldnt be expected to be working flawlessly at launch no.. are you *********** serious !? we shouldnt expect the animations of our characters to work ?

According to you people what should we expect from a newly launched mmo ? hmm ?

Every C has a mirror( somewhat) in this game. He i saying the mirror abilities are different due to animation delays. He is saying death animation delay bugs, animation loop trouble. He is noting the serious sorting issues that vendors have ( noo we shouldnt expect them to be able to SORT STUFF ON VENDORS! ).

And finally he is making a general statement across the board. He isnt saying SORCS HAVE TO MUCH CC!! he is saying generally in the entire game, you know all the classes none excluded ( has even tho most thick headed momma´s boys understood he isnt singling anything class out here.. ITS GENERALLY SPEAKING!!)

That there is too much CC in the game.. And who in their right state of mind could possible disagree here ?

PVP always goes like this stun, immob, stun, knockback dead.. Or!! pull into fire stun. 4 ops or scounds jump you dead in the stun.

And all you people who say WOW isnt balanced, you do realise the whole stunlocking till death has been removed systematicly since Vanilla right ? to a point where rogues cannot fire 2 stuns in a row without DR lowering the duration on stun number 2 ?

You people have no idea what you are talking about, you are blind fanboys and not only that, but by trying to silence the people voicing the issues voicing their opinions about the BUGS!! not balancing issues but the BUGS! the not working as intended features in the game.

You are a critical part and core reason that this game might not be a success. You do realise that right? i know that your momma has fixed everything for you up untill now but in the real world closing your eyes and saying " IF I CANT SEE THE BUGS THEY ARENT THERE" does not fix any gosh darnED THING!

I am sick of you momma´s boys infecting every legitimate thread about bugs in SWTOR saying its people´s own learn to playing issues when the game is clearly more broken than fixed atm, you even contradict yourself by using the "do you expect the game to be perfect at launch argument LOL" because the people making the argument are saying the same thing, they are just more helpful in trying to actually voice and help BW fix the issues..

Edited by Ivpiv

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once... MMO's are balanced for max level PvP. It is physically impossible to balance the game for every level, without everyone playing one class.

If you don't like it and feel they have done such a bad job, WoW panda expansion is around the corner. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This is untrue... take the PVE aspect out of the actual PVP experience -- make everything per class generic other than appearance, make each class have a customizable loadout of maybe 5 abilities they can switch to (for example: mousewheel to change weapon) and just click to fire... drop targeting for crosshairs but keep the reward system for PVE benefits of some kind...

Just picture Quake3Arena or TF2 with casters, lazorrs, and sabers...etc.!

I have no complaints about PvP Warzones except it was buggy as hell tonight........

1. Games loading one side with 11 players, a couple on the other side, game ends.

2. DCed three times on entering games tonight.

3. Abilities won't work right in Warzone tonight (lag).

4. Getting another queue after joining. When you join that one, it keeps you in the original game, but takes you off the UI.

5. Pre-mature ending of games.

We had a preset of four Guildies of lower levels. We were all so bugged we quit playing for the night.

Fix the game please. It's a mess.

Edited by Nostrom

Republic vs Empire - The classes are mirrored on paper but not in game. Stock Strike on a trooper is not instant at all, the animation is delayed but Bounty Hunters equivalent is instant as instant can get. Full Auto, takes about 2 seconds before the Trooper starts channeling. Bounty Hunters equivalent, takes about 1 second but actually ends when the duration ends. There is many, many other abilities I could list that have these problems and because of these, Republic will always be at a huge disadvantage.

I play in both sides so I'm not here to defend the republic nor I can say "the republic sucks for this or that reason", I'm here trying to understand why the republic is almost always losing WZs.

IMHO is impossible that such a huge difference in the win:lose ratio is based just on the players skill level, there must be something different; what is? I've no idea, it's just hard to believe that.

I'm always winning imperial side, always losing republic side... I'm not having fun regardless of the faction since there is no fun where there is no challenge neither where there is no hope (lol).

No flame please, I'm new to the forum so even if I'm reading around is a bit difficult for me to find something "official" on the problem.

Did bioware said something about?

Do you have an impartial opinion?

I editted this entire thread since it got outdated but some of the point still stand which I will repeat here.

Lag in abilities - It used to be worse but recently it started to lighten up a little bit. There still is the ability lag where you can use something like Force Kick, for example, to interrupt someone's spell cast. The problem is Force Kick typically won't go off until about 2-3 seconds later, therefore is not an instant cast when you really need it and because of this, you can miss an interrupt entirely while blowing the CD.

Master Strike - Channeled ability, however sometimes it shows the animation and acts as if you actually are casting master strike but the problem here is, it never activated. It bugs so you get stuck in the loop of the channeled ability but not actually doing damage, therefore you have to use an attack before this ability and THEN use this for it to work. There is other abilities that have issues like this that can destroy your PvP experience.

PvP Vendors - They are extremely unorganized and poorly thought out. I hate to say it Bioware really blew it on this one. If you filter by useable, it will still show level 40 gear when you're level 20. Level 40 gear is NOT USEABLE. Also, they mash the gear into one long list so you have to go one by one to find the piece you actually need. If I were a Jedi Guardian, why should I have light and medium armor gear in my list? I don't fricken use those and it's a waste of time!

Force Leap fails, just like Charge did in WoW. It typically never works properly if the target you're attacking is in motion or on any type of ledge. If they are on a ledge, you glitch behind them, then back to the location you force leaped from, then back behind them again. It's super glitchy and sometimes you can actually get stuck underneath the map.

Death Delay - For some reason when you kill someone, occasionally they don't die until 2-3 seconds later. So during the time you're trying to kill someone that is technically already dead, you could be focusing on something else or might even die in the process. Everything that should be "instant" in this game is usually never instant.

Republic vs Empire - The classes are mirrored on paper but not in game. Stock Strike on a trooper is not instant at all, the animation is delayed but Bounty Hunters equivalent is instant as instant can get. Full Auto, takes about 2 seconds before the Trooper starts channeling. Bounty Hunters equivalent, takes about 1 second but actually ends when the duration ends. There is many, many other abilities I could list that have these problems and because of these, Republic will always be at a huge disadvantage.

Too much CC - This game doesn't need that much CC. CC destroyed RIFT's PvP. I can't tell you how many times I've been CC'd to death as a sentinel in warzones. I get the jump, get stunned, typically my break free is on cooldown because of other previous stuns and I sit there for the duration of the stun, dead. Sentinel is THE MOST squishy class in this game and when I'm stuck in a stun that lasts an eternity against a ranged class that already has the advantage on me, I'll never win. It's impossible and the sad part is, Jedi Guardian/Sentinel don't get any sort of useful CC until 24 and that isn't even that good.

There is plenty more problems with PvP in this game that will detract people like me who are trying to take it seriously. PvP in this game is the most forgotten and least serious thing I have ever seen in any MMORPG I have ever played. It's a shame and there is a lot of work to be done before this can be even used properly.

You know this game just came out right? Or have you been living in a cave? It's great , & once it's smooth and all worked out it will only get better. have patience broski.

Blah blah blah blah, you can't balance stuff!!!

Ya'll are missing the point. The reason for this thread is STUFF ISN'T WORKING AS ADVERTISED. The bugs and incredibly silly functionality **** ups are what are frustrating people. No one with a brain expects a game come out balanced. Force choke immobilizing me when I have a full resolve bar? Having full resolve and still being susceptible to root effects? All the bugs listed in the op? Silly. Wanting them fixed is only reasonable. So stop whining about balance because you are scared of nerfs to your easymode classes.

Not only from reading this thread but from reading other threads about more known issues this game has it's come to my attention that a lot of people think that if they aren't experiencing a bug.. no one else is, it's the other player's computer or they just don't know how to play the game.

When I see someone frustrated with buggy mechanics, because the person they tried to CC disappeared to 10 ft behind them I logically tell them they need to go learn how to play their class and that not every MMO is balanced at launch.... ya.

My experience of the game so far: When the Warzones are smooth they are great!

The classes are not unbalanced it's the best balance i've seen in a game at launch.

The Maps are not boring i think they are extremely well designed there are a lot of really well placed pillars and ledges one can use to LOS which makes the game a lot of fun.

However it's a shame that it is so rare that i can enjoy a true uninterrupted Warzone where I am not getting frustrated about bugs.

First bug: It happens quite often that every time i queue for a WZ when it pops i get brought back to the character selection screen.

Second: as the OP posted there is a severe ability lag that is not from ping or fps, you can press an ability 5-6 times without it going off which is insanely frustrating for abilities you use as an opener from stealth, interrupts or Disappear. this is NOT a player issue.

Third: a lot of people have been experiencing lag in resurrecting at the start point of a Warzone, you keep clicking resurrect and nothing happens, it happens a few times per day for me.

Fourth: Not being awarded credit for the PVP quest you are on. another well known issue.

Fitfh: This isn't really a bug but I think it is a pressing issue that needs to be resolved. tonight since I came home i tried to get my credit for 3 daily Warzones won. after joining 4 of them they were all in progress and we were loosing by a margin that didnt even give me an opportunity to help my team, im talking about 400 points behind in the civil war for example. at this point when i join the entire team had already given up and i notice people are constantly leaving the warzone and others are joining. This problem is because there is no deserter debuff. people are joining warzones when they realize that the opposing team has 2 out of 3 turrets or got a bomb planted quickly they leave. that leaves the rest of the team without 2-3 players because the game has to give the queue to someone else, they have to accept it, load in, find their bearings etc.. leaving this team in an insane disadvantage.

I look forward to being told to learn how to play or to buy a better rig, I've only read about 4 pages of this thread and saw a lot of posts in that nature and thought the OP could use some support.

Edited by Shadospecter

The inability of people to grasp the concept of constructive criticism is mindnumbing.

I completely agree with every-single-one of the points made by the OP. They are given in an objective manner, with the obvious intent to better the experience for everyone.

That doesn't mean i do not enjoy playing the game. That doesn't mean i will cancel my sub. All you fanboys, valiant defenders of the honor of SWTOR can take a deep breath and sit back down. And maybe start listening to something more than your own voice.

The game has issues PvP wise - and quite big ones. Most of these issues have already been acknowledged by BioWare themselves aswel (which shows professionalism and willingness to listen to the community - for link, look for Gabe's post on PvP). That may have not have happened if there were not people like the OP (and many others), to point them out in the first place despite the flames by the people that cannot handle criticism (which ironically enough don't have anything to gain from BioWare). All in all, progress and improvement, comes from identifying and pointing issues not by blindly supporting whatever is thrown at you.

tl;dr Fanboys you are NOT helping, you are detrimental to the chances of having a great game.

First of all : ive noticed - 100% of trolls here just missed a simple fact : OP told you about sentinel and not ABOUT TANK (GUARDIAN)!. So all "everything fine" sayers are non legit here.

And to confirm original post PvP as Melee NON tank DPS in this game ist not only rubbish - its plain stupid designed.

And BW fixing things like Slicing due entirely subclass sucks such bad just makes me "WOW, they can't be so stupid!".

Many people who plays Sentinel are just Lorefreaks and don't tring other classes past 20 lvl. I did and you can belive me - nothing is crippled so bad in many gameaspects ( beside Lore ) as Sentinel.

[...] And to confirm original post PvP as Melee NON tank DPS in this game ist not only rubbish - its plain stupid designed. [...]

My twink is a DPS (Vengeance) Specced Juggy close to 50, as in MELEE DPS. I have absolute 0 problems playing a melee in PvP, actually i´d say its a damn lot of fun. My main is a Powertech with tank spec and is also alot of fun but i dont feel that playing my main is a superior game expierience.

I know several Maurauders who dont have any trouble at all in PvP when it comes to mowing down people or getting out alive of some unfavorable situation.

And in the end it always comes down to, if a high dps class is not supported by a healer their squishyness is always their doom.

Nothing can be more unbalanced than Wow's low lvl PVP. Two shots across the board from a cpl classes.

Really? At least in WoW you don't have the level capped players in with the lowbies. Nothing enjoyable about taking on a team full of level 50s.

I'd rather wait 5 hours for 1 turrets / bomb PvP match than run 20 Hutt Ball matches........... I loathe Hutt Ball. I'm on a PvE server... I shouldn't HAVE to do PvP to get BiS crap for my Juggernaut..........

Fix this.

BTW I like how no CS droids have the balls to respond here.

Sentinel is THE MOST squishy class in this game and when I'm stuck in a stun that lasts an eternity against a ranged class that already has the advantage on me, I'll never win.

You made good comment after good comment after good comment. ^ And then you were dumb.

=)

Sentinel = Marauder and I never die! <3 Three V One Homie. Check my links in signature.

P.S. I two v one operatives. ;) Don't nerf them yet; I like their reaction when they get cocky and I shut them down.

I'd rather wait 5 hours for 1 turrets / bomb PvP match than run 20 Hutt Ball matches........... I loathe Hutt Ball. I'm on a PvE server... I shouldn't HAVE to do PvP to get BiS crap for my Juggernaut..........

True story, PvP gear is not BiS for tank or dps Juggernauts or basically anyone because guess what, you give some decent stats for that expertise.

Also 50 only pvp braket on Tuesday. Kthx.

SWTOR PVP = Some of the worst PVP to date in any MMO released so far.

It has an enormous amount of potential. The thing is that people expected more; and no bugs. In fact a lot of the commotion is about bugs, and the other half are mad about RNG gearing.

It needs work but... as I said; Potential.

As far as I can tell, aside from a couple true bugs/glitches, a few folks looking for a couple more rewards or venues to fight, ALL the PvP complaints really revolve around:

1) You're a bad that can't handle more than 5 keys, and there are way too many abilities and tools at your disposal to 5 key it through. Lack of macros breaks your baddie soul.

2) You're low level and higher level people or people that have put more time in can beat you.

3) You're not organized, and people that ARE organized can beat you.

4) Your team isn't carrying you.

5) Your counter-class, played well by someone else, rolls you, despite you being a PvP hero....I mean the Jedi Council told you themselves there has only been 3 like you over the past millennium.

Baddies make my eyes hurt.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't call it a disaster but there is always work when there is pvp, it's supposed to be dynamic, the people are dynamic (or try to be) , so you will never have a done pvp system ever.

I just wanna qq about 1 thing, on my shadow or this toon sorcerer, I tend to be the first to the ball in huttball, (I call it dodgeball, trying to dodge players and kill them when they are not looking :)) with force speed, like 99% of the time I'm first, I get the ball or not if the other team does the same, but I do always get pulled into the green stuff and immediatly cc'd to death, now I know i cant counter the pull but what can i do then?

I can't cc the other player since he's still out of range when I'm in the middle.

I can't count on my teammembers to cc or do anything to him since as i said i'm fast as hell.

I can activate cc break and try to make a run for it, but 99% of the time i'm dead so I normally release and continue but it's a sucky way to start huttball.

the obvious answer would be don't rush in and just play normally. but i want the darn ball get it, me ball score yay.

I could always reroll and pull them into the green shizzle, but a sorc rerolling shouldn't be necessary i think.

end of qq

constructive criticism apreciated

other critics also accepted but less apreciated.

bye

I lulz every time I think about those pandas. I swear BW better not get any ideas about adding the star wars equivalent (probably Ewoks) to this game. :rolleyes: