Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Classic, would you play? resub for this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Classic, would you play? resub for this?

TUXs
09.17.2019 , 09:42 AM | #31
Classic? No lol. The game wasn't that good when it released and every piece of content they've released over the years has been woefully needed.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Joluka
09.17.2019 , 10:02 AM | #32
The thing about WoW Classic is that BfA is radically, radically different than Classic. They’re two completely different games, down to the story. You can’t experience Classic leveling in BfA because of the Cataclysm changes, for example, that’s how wild the difference is. It’s an entirely new (well, old) experience.

SWTOR hasn’t made any giant, sweeping changes like that. SWTOR has remained the same game, and stuff has been added onto it. Nothing substantial has been deleted. You can experience the “back then” right now, in this game, whereas with WoW, you can’t really do that without going on Classic. The nostalgia trip wouldn’t really be there for SWTOR, because, essentially, SWTOR vanilla was extremely vanilla. It has only improved since.

Except the class stories. They should’ve kept those and canned the World Arcs.
The Conrad Legacy

"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."

Rion_Starkiller
09.17.2019 , 10:16 AM | #33
Late 1.X Vanilla was pretty good. Right before 2.0 Rise of the Hutt Cartel dropped. QoL was still pretty bad though.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

kodrac
09.17.2019 , 10:18 AM | #34
Classic, no. 2.0 to 3.0 ish, possibly.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Jett-Rinn
09.17.2019 , 11:46 AM | #35
God no

SWTOR is much better today.....even the community is less toxic than it was back then.
No one hates Star Wars as much as "Star Wars fans"

casirabit
09.17.2019 , 12:09 PM | #36
Even Wow was smart enough not to charge two different subs. You pay for one sub and you get to chose which one or even both if you want. It only requires one sub, not two different ones.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

XxHazenxX
09.17.2019 , 12:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
They have SWG emu's for free.
(We're not supposed to talk about those here)

But yea, I'd still rather pay for an officially supported version even though I've been playing those since they existed in 2006 in their various forms.
SWG-Flurry
<DFR> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <DFR>
July 10, 2004 - December 15, 2011

TevosisHot
09.17.2019 , 02:42 PM | #38
Vanilla game? No, I would pay for 2.8 annihilation to come back tho.
Some of the specs really lost their character with 3.0 and even if they have the dps they are nowhere as fun to play as they were before.

Icestar
09.17.2019 , 06:28 PM | #39
Classic?

No way, I was there with all the launch problems and the bugs. the really nasty imbalancing.

I would never start on a classic server

ImmortalLowlife
09.17.2019 , 11:14 PM | #40
Nope... it took me nearly a year to get my 1st class story finished, and I work more hours now than I did then. Not to mention one of my favorite class (smuggler) didn't get a healing companion till nearly the end which meant asking for help completing planets like Tatt.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!