Bring back thrash for sith sorcerer

RichardOsmulski

Would love to have thrash back for sith sorcerers, when cycling through my abilities over and over eventually i have a cool down on them and the other player has little to no health left and i cant finish him off with just slash as it has only small damage. Also i would like it back for like pve and i just want to use my lightsaber

And I want Rocket Punch and Flamethrower back on my Merc, Shiv back on my Sniper and Force Lightning back on my Assassin.

Sadly, the cries of "DIS GAME HAZ TOO MUCH ABILITY BLOAT" cost us those cool looking abilities that, while not meant to be used in an actual rotation, added a bit of fun to the game.

Deja vu from WoW fans.

My opinion is the same. Sorry, but i don't care about useless abilities. They were removed for a reason.

The ones in this case are still available in other classes, so play both? I play 8 different specs in this game. I'm sure you can work out 2. Legacy wide gear made all this very easy.

Would love to have thrash back for sith sorcerers, when cycling through my abilities over and over eventually i have a cool down on them and the other player has little to no health left and i cant finish him off with just slash as it has only small damage. Also i would like it back for like pve and i just want to use my lightsaber

You should roll a juggernaut or marauder then. Sorcs are supposed to use other. more powerful abilities, especially if you are playing group content.

stat stick.

Glowstick actually.

Personally, I think there are things to trim away, but there are things which should be left in.

Shiv & Orbital Strike were iconic to imperial agents.

Thrash was... basically useless, but it was also one of the only skills which actually utilized Sorcerers lightsabers.

Rocket Punch was a nice instantcast for when you were roaming out in the open world and didn't want to stop moving to cast. It also looked cool.

I strongly disagree (to this day) with the move away from base classes and advanced classes. Having that baseline made the classes feel more unique. Now they all feel like copy-pasta versions of each other with different range.

Part of that was the different way you'd approach the same abilities. For PTs Rocket Punch is rotational, for Mercs its situational. For Ops, Orbital was part of a burst setup or AoE denial. For Snipers Orbital is rotational. Having that shift between necessary and situational made the classes feel more distinct as it changed the way you approached dealing damage with that class.

Also, in case it wasn't clear. GIVE OPERATIVES BACK ORBITAL STRIKE DAMMIT.

Edited by Iymurra

Part of that was the different way you'd approach the same abilities. For PTs Rocket Punch is rotational, for Mercs its situational. For Ops, Orbital was part of a burst setup or AoE denial. For Snipers Orbital is rotational. Having that shift between necessary and situational made the classes feel more distinct as it changed the way you approached dealing damage with that class.

I don't agree and I think that reasoning does not really make sense considering that they did not simply remove those baseline abilities, but added new class specific abilities that respected the class mechanic.

Yes, Operatives lost Orbital Strike, but they gained Toxic Haze as an immediate aoe denial with the added functionality of dot spread. Mercenaries lost Rocket Punch, but gained an ability to Rocket Out of melee range where they don't want to be.

Furthermore on the republic side using the big fat assault cannon of the Commando to slap around enemies in melee range always looked and felt ridiculous.

So to the contrary, the classes feel way more distinct now instead of shoehorning baseline abilities into classes where they don't make any sense at all. I'm glad that they got rid of this remnant of the old advanced class system.

If you used Thrash in your rotation you are playing Sorc 100% completely wrong.

Perhaps you did not read the complete post but OP said nothing about having it in a rotation. Wanted to use it for finishing off a mob that has like 200 HP.

Get rid of lightning strikes and rock throwing animation for assassin/shadow and replace it with some kind of cooler lightsaber attack. These characters should be darth mauling and not stopping in the middle of a fight to throw rocks or shoot lightning bolts. Edited by kirorx

It IS weird that Sages and Sorcerers use lightsaber as a primary weapon, but have virtually no abilities that use it.

It would be nice to see the lightsaber in use, as opposed to something they just hold in their hands, but has no apparent function other than a stat stick.

This.

Sorcs are Sages are pure casters ONLY because SWTOR needed to make classes fit into a MMO trinity model, so those two classes were effectively turned into the Mages or Wizards from a fantasy based MMO with the lightsabers functioning like a staff or wand. The problem from an in-universe perspective is that Jedi & Sith aren't mages, they're more like warrior monks. Yoda & Palpatine for example are probably the two most powerful force users from the films (and the models for the Sage & Sorc classes), and when they fought each other it was primarily with swords (lightsabers).

It's a shame that Sorcs & Sages weren't given an ability or two that was useful at melee range and used the lightsabers in the animation. Or instead of multiple force based power casting abilities, one that instead had an animation where they threw their lightsabers.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Sorcs are Sages are pure casters ONLY because SWTOR needed to make classes fit into a MMO trinity model,

I've snipped most of your post rather than quoting the entire thing simply because I intend to refer primarily to this part of the post. There's a few things that you've overlooking, perhaps deliberately.

The movies are written from ... if not the Jedi, then certainly the Light Side of the Force. Light Siders as depicted rely on the Force as a last resort, and are trained accordingly. Sith, and most other Dark Siders; see the Force as an effective tool, in much the same way that the lightsaber is used. It'd be hard to argue that most DS Witches and other adepts don't rely on the Force as a tool to be used as needed.

Which brings me to the other part of the argument: lightning is specially depicted as using the Dark Side of the Force. So, a Sith should use lightning. I feel that it's perfectly within reason for a Sith to use their lightsaber as nothing more than a fancy glowstick.

They did and you can.

You can find the ability in the Heroic Ability. It is called "Enfeebling Strike." It replaces Force Lightning and does the following: "Strike the target with your lightsaber, dealing ~8,400 weapon damage and immobilizing it for 3 seconds. When the immobilization effect ends, the target is slowed by 50% for 6 seconds."

Since Force Lightning on a the Lightning Sorc and Sorc Healer is more of a cast filler, this might be what you want since it is a spammable attack (IIRC) to use on those mobs you address. Give it a look to see if that will fit what you want. Remember, the Lightning Sorc has a host of other abilities that really lessen the need of just casting "Force Lightning."

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Get rid of lightning strikes and rock throwing animation for assassin/shadow and replace it with some kind of cooler lightsaber attack. These characters should be darth mauling and not stopping in the middle of a fight to throw rocks or shoot lightning bolts.

Meh I like those abilities. Throwing rocks is fun and does decent damage.

• 2 weeks later...
For everyone saying i shouldnt been using it in my rotation, i wasnt in pvp or ops, i used it in story, or if im out having fun just killing random npcs. it should be brought back for sorcs to actually use our lightsaber

You say that like you don't have any.

There are 2 of them.

I miss Thrash so much. No idea why it was removed, it's not like it's particularly advantageous in any meaningful way, but it was great as a finisher. But, that's been BW's design policy for years now. Every few updates, they remove some things at random from the game for absolutely no reason, like the planetary gear vendors containing shells that can't be obtained anywhere else. Maybe it's just spite or something? Idk.

• 7 months later...
You say that like you don't have any.

There are 2 of them.

2?

Lightsaber abilities?

No, there's only one. The second one is Thash/Double Strike, this is the ability that was removed with 5.0.

Like the OP and others in this thread, I also do not play PvP or Ops. I loved Double Strike and I miss Double Strike... In-fact, I would spend $100USD on a token that allows me to use it again; and why not? I've already spent hundreds on boosting other Jedi/Sith classes to level 70. I like healing with my Seer.

People say, "play another toon", well I have and I don't enjoy them.

It IS weird that Sages and Sorcerers use lightsaber as a primary weapon, but have virtually no abilities that use it.

It would be nice to see the lightsaber in use, as opposed to something they just hold in their hands, but has no apparent function other than a stat stick.

Well, the issue with that is that sorcerers are a ranged class and that doesn't fit with a lightsaber. Hence, my repeated request over the years to add a force staff to the game for sorcs/sages so they can be space wizards...that's what they are after all.

Well, the issue with that is that sorcerers are a ranged class and that doesn't fit with a lightsaber. Hence, my repeated request over the years to add a force staff to the game for sorcs/sages so they can be space wizards...that's what they are after all.

There *is* a force staff, called "Electrostaff"(1), but it's for Shadows and Assassins... ;)

(1) No, I wouldn't have named it that. "Vibrostaff", sure, but Electrostaff sounds too much like a tech weapon.