Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any Veng Jugg 5.0 Builds and Utilities Available yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Any Veng Jugg 5.0 Builds and Utilities Available yet?

HelionOmega
12.25.2016 , 03:35 PM | #1
Im looking for a Veng Jugg build. I looked on Dulfy, and still havent seen one. Im just looking for a PVE Utilities, rotation guide. Thanks, 5.0 really messed my build up.
Click here for my referral link: You will recieve:
- FREE Character transfer
- FREE 7 days subscription time
- FREE Cartel Market unlocks

AdjeYo
12.25.2016 , 04:47 PM | #2
For the rotation, it flows quite well currently. This opener is the one Rydarus put in another thread:
Quote:
Opener is Throw -> Charge -> Impale -> Ravage -> Vengeful Slam -> Shatter -> Force Scream.
Then all you need to do is keep Impale, Vengeful Slam, Shatter and Force Scream on cooldown. Then you want to use Ravage between every Shatter to not waste the reset. And use Sundering Assault, Chilling Scream with the utility and Hew to fill the rest. The rotation will work out like:
Impale - Something Else - Vengeful Slam - Something Else - Force Scream - Something else repeat. With Shatter cycling trough the something elses and the rest being filler slots (Ravage/Hew/Chilling Scream).

For utilities it really depends on the fight, but generally this is the loadout I run with:

Skillfull: Warbringer, Path Carver (Bring Deadly Reprisal if either of these is not useful)

Masterful: Crushing Fist, Unshakling Rage (You can take Sonic Wall, but the shield overrides Sorc bubble, which is very bad)

Heroic: Through Passion, Through Power (Replace with Consuming Rage if cleanses are needed)

Legendary: Pierching Chill, Through Victory (Extending Roar could be useful I suppose, but I rarely feel like I need it).

HelionOmega
12.25.2016 , 08:53 PM | #3
Thanks, does the Rage Jugg kinda follow the same pattern?

AdjeYo
12.26.2016 , 08:09 AM | #4
Rage is kind of a complicated story, because it relies on your fillers reducing the cooldown Obliterate and Raging Burst. Force Crush, Ravage and Chilling Scream do not reduce these cooldowns. And if you want your rotation to flow properly (meaning you won't be standing around for half a gcd waiting for a cd) you can only really use two of those. So this is what I use:
(With Piercing Chill utility)
Raging Burst -> Force Crush -> Force Scream -> Furious Strike - Retaliation -> Obliterate
Raging Burst -> Chilling Scream -> Sundering Assault -> Furious Strike - Retaliation -> Obliterate + Enrage
Repeat.

You can replace the last Retaliation with Ravage this means having to wait .something seconds before you can use Obliterate + Enrage and feels somewhat awkward to me, but it does deal more damage.

You can also replace the Chilling Scream with Ravage, this'll deal slightly less damage and does no AoE splash damage, but it does allow you to take another utility point in the legendary tier (because Piercing Chill would be useless) and is a bit easier on the rage generation.

For utilities it's mostly the same story as Vengeance, except for Pooled Hatred, which is very useful if your movement will be regularly impaired during a fight (Underlurker HM for instance). And you also shouldn't take Piercing Chill if you decide to use Ravage in place of Chilling Scream.

HelionOmega
12.26.2016 , 08:42 PM | #5
Ive got a rage jugg on Shadowlands i really like, was actually going to do some story arcs and solo alot with him, kinda do a slow level, not fast level like i have done with others. i wont run him thru 2xp either. i want to try planetary storylines as well. just was wondering. thanks for the advice. If your in game, i have a lvl 65 jugg on bergeron, quagrink is name, lvl 66 decep/ assassin on Shadowlands, K'aldor, and a lvl 66 Sage on Harbinger, roishick. if you ever want to run some quests etc.... i have several alts as well. currently have a sentenel, and a marauder who are twins, lol( good storyline) Talshak, and Talshik, both on harbinger.

Cyyrr
12.28.2016 , 11:34 AM | #6
AdjeYo, how is your damage with that rage rotation?

I am in a moderately competitive ops team and I dropped my PT tank/dps due to the PT tank nerf for a Jugg and I have been trying to bring up my dps as I dps and tank and need to be competitive in both.

I have not been able to match sorc, merc, sniper dps in our group and am currently on the bottom. I struggle to get up to 6k.

I have to up my APM for the dps rotation and practice more but anyone have any tips, I am mostly 230 gear and have the correct stats according to Bant. Only 1 set piece so far.

I just can't seem to pull similar numbers to our other dps.

AdjeYo
12.28.2016 , 12:05 PM | #7
Rage is doing pretty poorly as of right now, and except for a few fights (like revanite commanders), I wouldn't reccommend bringing it to anything that isn't storymode. You could probably squeeze out some more DPS by reliying more on Piercing Chill, since it does a lot of damage, but it feels a bit awkward in rage imo