Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The "huge Companion Nerfs" can be caused by the "Companion mainhand "weaponarmor" bug".

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
The "huge Companion Nerfs" can be caused by the "Companion mainhand "weaponarmor" bug".

-JE-BLAZAR-
11.18.2015 , 12:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by -Myk- View Post
Yes isn't really a valid answer to my question.
Put an hilt in an mainhand weapon of your companion who has an "hilt slot" .
All weapon items who have an hilt slot in the weapon are custom and modible, same applies to hilts you can put them in blasters that are custom, those have an barrel slot where you can put them in.
You should know this.
Google it otherwise it is not that hard.
The bug works only if you put an hilt/barrel in your mainhand weapon of your companion not the offhand.
At level 65 an 186 hilt is not as good as for example a 208 hilt for your companion, see 1 of my previous posts.

Greets!

wolfyde
11.18.2015 , 12:16 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by -JE-BLAZAR- View Post
I had some fun nights on zakuul pre latest patch, some players did not knew what hit them when I showed up with my lana with 216 hilt. ^^
You knowingly and intentionally took advantage of a bug to grief other players?
I believe that would be considered an exploit. Not to mention just sad.
My referral link (free goodies): click me!
Armour Wishlist: Chantique - Darth Talon - Darth Maladi
Armour clipping bug thread

-JE-BLAZAR-
11.18.2015 , 12:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by wolfyde View Post
You knowingly and intentionally took advantage of a bug to grief other players?
I believe that would be considered an exploit. Not to mention just sad.
You are right, but I did it only sometimes and for a little while. I know when to stop.
I mostly used it as an defence, (i play on a pvp server), if others attacked me.
But you are right misusage is never right, but it can be fun to tease with things like this.
That is why I should told it sooner, but I hoped bioware knew about this, what it seems they did not. :/

mrsrachelm
11.18.2015 , 12:23 AM | #24
Taking bets that BW simply "fixes" that little problem AND leaves the nuke from orbit nerf in place as well.
"Hold Fast...Go Forward...Fear Nothing!"
(John-Pierre de Caussade)

Jeweledleah
11.18.2015 , 12:24 AM | #25
This bug is the real reason why some companions of some players where in the past almost unkillable btw.
that would explain why people kept claiming things that i simply didn't see on my companions who I just gave empty CM weapons with color crystals I liked best >_>

Quote: Originally Posted by mrsrachelm View Post
Taking bets that BW simply "fixes" that little problem AND leaves the nuke from orbit nerf in place as well.
pftt, sucker bet :P

-Myk-
11.18.2015 , 12:27 AM | #26
All weapon items who have an hilt slot in the weapon are custom and modible, same applies to hilts you can put them in blasters that are custom, those have an barrel slot where you can put them in.
You should know this.
The bug works only if you put an hilt/barrel in your mainhand weapon of your companion not the offhand.
At level 65 an 186 hilt is not as good as for example a 208 hilt for your companion, see 1 of my previous posts.

Greets!
Your writing and explanation are not very good, a hilt and weapon are 2 different things.
You or a companion wield a weapon, you put a hilt or barrel in a weapon that can be wielded. See the difference?

-JE-BLAZAR-
11.18.2015 , 12:28 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by PatT View Post
You really believe they used *your* figures and data to decide how much to change companions? You need to stop looking at your reflection for a while...
I hope they did so they can rethink what to do now.

Beohbe
11.18.2015 , 12:28 AM | #28
You should know this.

Greets!
Actually, I just tested it with a Devoted Allies legacy blaster that is not moddable. Works fine with those.

Edit: actually, on second look, it only increased damage. Didn't increase healing. But again, that's just with an unmoddable 192. Haven't tried it with a moddable weapon with hilt/barrel.
Still, though, that's certainly enough to throw off their metrics. Most of my comps are wielding the Yavin 192s just for cosmetic reasons. I had no idea it was actually increasing their damage....
The Xero Legacy The Harbinger
Ephs'given, Geohde, Deohge, Beohbe
Effs'given, Efs'given, Chonk, No'mames

Idoya
11.18.2015 , 12:33 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by tmwfte View Post
I foresee them seeing this as an exploit and not a bug, banning or sanctioning users that they find with a barrel/hilt in their companion's weapon when they get around to "fixing" it.
I don't really care one way or the other at this stage. Normally, I'm against exploitation, but in this very extreme case I'll make an exception, because it's either I do this, or I unsub anyway. Unsub, banned for life, very little difference to me. Big difference to BW, though, if they just balance the game properly and let me play it the way I enjoy it. They get to keep my sub then. I'll go out on this one and state straight up that I intend to take full advantage of this when soloing SF if it proves too difficult after the nerf for me, because it didn't before and according to Musco himself, shouldn't now. If it's not, if Musco is right, I'll leave it alone. But I haven't tried a SF since the companion sledging so I'm yet to find out.
I'm so meta even this acronym

Idoya
11.18.2015 , 12:37 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by -Myk- View Post
Your writing and explanation are not very good, a hilt and weapon are 2 different things.
You or a companion wield a weapon, you put a hilt or barrel in a weapon that can be wielded. See the difference?
I understood him just fine. Put a barrel or hilt in your companion's weapon, dismiss and resummon, and they get a boost. Obviously english isn't his first language, but what he's saying is perfectly clear enough with a little application of context.
I'm so meta even this acronym