Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The "huge Companion Nerfs" can be caused by the "Companion mainhand "weaponarmor" bug".

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
The "huge Companion Nerfs" can be caused by the "Companion mainhand "weaponarmor" bug".

-JE-BLAZAR-
11.17.2015 , 11:47 PM | #11
This bug is the real reason why some companions of some players where in the past almost unkillable btw.

-JE-BLAZAR-
11.17.2015 , 11:50 PM | #12
I had some fun nights on zakuul pre latest patch, some players did not knew what hit them when I showed up with my lana with 216 hilt. ^^

-Myk-
11.17.2015 , 11:58 PM | #13
By hilt/barrel do you mean a modable weapon with a hilt or barrel in it or just putting a hilt or barrel in their main hand slot?

-JE-BLAZAR-
11.18.2015 , 12:01 AM | #14
Yup, 100% agreed.
Bump bump bump* ^^
I feel bad now that I did not told this afther 4.0 came out, I found this out the 3rd day of playing by accident and misused it for my own fun lol. I know some others found out this bug too so it has been misused by an decent amount of people who can affect data-analysis results, and the companion nerf is because of this screwing up companions for others who do not know this.

CrutchCricket
11.18.2015 , 12:01 AM | #15
So they nerf companions for 50%, this method can bring that up by 30% and you want to tell them?

Lovely. In a week they'll "fix" this too and then companions will be well and truly ruined.
"Baras, you ****! You bought your armor at the Portly Sith Lord's Used Gear Store! Ya cheapskate! I know it because I SOLD IT TO YOU!"

-JE-BLAZAR-
11.18.2015 , 12:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by -Myk- View Post
By hilt/barrel do you mean a modable weapon with a hilt or barrel in it or just putting a hilt or barrel in their main hand slot?
Yes myk

PatT
11.18.2015 , 12:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by -JE-BLAZAR- View Post
Yes it does and that is what this thread is about.
It seems bioware did not know the existence of this bug.
And took the data of people (like me for example) who used this bug in their data-analysis results.
I feel responsible for this, that the companions got nerfed so much because probably people like me caused this problem.
Test it out if you like the more people can confirm this in this post, the faster bioware realizes what went wrong, the faster they will fix/change the nerf in something better without this exploit.
You really believe they used *your* figures and data to decide how much to change companions? You need to stop looking at your reflection for a while...
Simple happy language words!

wolfyde
11.18.2015 , 12:04 AM | #18
I noticed this last week on Treek when I replaced her old 192 rifle with her generic bowcaster.
Took a screenshot of both stat screens in healing stance, and in my observation the only thing that changed was the base damage of the primary weapon, all other stats like bonus damage, bonus healing, hitpoints, etc. stayed exactly the same.
Also, someone would need to parse some data to make sure it's a bug in the actual healing/damage, and not just a visual bug in the stat screen.
My referral link (free goodies): click me!
Armour Wishlist: Chantique - Darth Talon - Darth Maladi
Armour clipping bug thread

-Myk-
11.18.2015 , 12:06 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by -JE-BLAZAR- View Post
Yes myk
Yes isn't really a valid answer to my question.

-JE-BLAZAR-
11.18.2015 , 12:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CrutchCricket View Post
So they nerf companions for 50%, this method can bring that up by 30% and you want to tell them?

Lovely. In a week they'll "fix" this too and then companions will be well and truly ruined.
I hope not!
They used this data in their conclusions how much to nerf companions I think.
So they should fix this and buff up the companions again a bit so they are more in line in what they had in mind what the companions should do in healing dps and tanking.
They got false results (i think) so they should adjust and imo make the companions 1/3 better again, because it seems that is what they had in mind. Anyways I do not know, but I do know that they should know that something went wrong perhaps because they misread their data and implemented something what can affect negatively new players or people who do not know this exploit/bug.